Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are humans half aliens? Human DNA question
Are humans half aliens? Human DNA question
Like that makes sense. I mean many people say this guy is crazy. But think about it... Why is we as a species the only that can formulate thoughts to affect other people on this level of creating music instruments, philosophy and thinking for yourself. Animals have their limits and can only do so much, so why is only we who can expand this type of system to build and improve while animals live as they always have been. I mean we are from apes... yet why dont they have the same thinking system as us. Wouldn't that make sense if they actually have common ancestor as us?. I mean we are from same family, so i dont get that.

Half DNA from aliens.. Kind of actually is a thing i want to believe. But just wondering your views?
<snip>
One other example. If we are not half aliens. Then how do you explain this?

<snip>

Moderator Notice

Links removed and sock banned. I might become a mohel if I keep snipping.
RE: Are humans half aliens? Human DNA question
Nawww...

Everybody knows we' re decsended from the Golgafrinchans that were on the "B" ark.

Panic
(December 28, 2018 at 12:15 pm)Signa92 Wrote: Like that makes sense. I mean many people say this guy is crazy.

He bullshits because he's paid to bullshit. Gullible people pay his rent.
Nope.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Banging Head On Desk
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Riiight?  You know what I wonder, though?  Which half?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 28, 2018 at 1:36 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Riiight?  You know what I wonder, though?  Which half?

I know a woman whose breasts are out of this world. I'm guessing we start there.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
(December 28, 2018 at 12:15 pm)Signa92 Wrote: Why is we as a species the only that can formulate thoughts to affect other people on this level of creating music instruments, philosophy and thinking for yourself. Animals have their limits and can only do so much, so why is only we who can expand this type of system to build and improve while animals live as they always have been.

Why would animals need to develop this kind of intelligence when intelligence doesn't help that much in the battle for survival? Take chimpanzees and gorillas who are the brainiest of the land animals, but they are not notably successful in the battle for survival. Sure, their present problem lies in their competition for living space with human beings, and they can't win there, but they weren't terribly successful even before people began to press directly upon them. Neither were elephants, which are also pretty brainy.

Consider the common rat. It lives right in human space, competes directly with us, withstands all the most ferocious human attempts to wipe it out, and flourishes. That's successful! Rats are pretty smart for their size, but they are not as smart as chimpanzees. What gives rats survival ability is not so much their intelligence as their size (they are small and hard to find), their dietary habits (they eat a wide variety of food and are hard to starve out), and, most of all, their fecundity (they have many young and can quickly replace any losses).

And if you think that rats are successful, consider roaches, which also live and compete with human beings, withstand all human attempts to destroy them, and flourish--yet have virtually no brains at all. But then, compared with rats, roaches are still smaller, have an even broader diet, and are yet more fecund.

But then again what counts about us is not so much our intelligence but technology. Dolphins may be highly intelligent, but so what? They have no technology.

Then, of course, we find that we have reached the point where technology has made it possible for us to multiply in an unrestrained fashion, to consume Earth's resources faster than they can be replaced, and to poison its soil, water, and air faster than they can be cleaned. We can even physically destroy our planet with nuclear warfare. Is this process inevitable?

So perhaps intelligence is useless for survival till it passes a certain point, and then when it starts to bring the world domination it is followed by a suicide.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Unintelligent predators don't do well.
Well, this clown certainly didn't last long. Dunno
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2716 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The code that is DNA Yukon_Jack 922 60898 January 14, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 3817 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  Hardcore believers act like aliens from different planet purplepurpose 21 4927 December 15, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  More than half of the Uk say they are non-religious downbeatplumb 9 2863 September 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Are humans Gods? (article by an atheist) ChoklateWolfy 21 3816 March 2, 2017 at 10:11 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Free will and humans ErGingerbreadMandude 176 12992 March 18, 2016 at 2:19 am
Last Post: IATIA
  Do humans always accept proofs when presented to them? Mystic 59 12902 January 2, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Aliens (extra-terrestrials)? rado84 61 8116 July 15, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Half Way Houses for New Young Atheists Jenny A 6 1916 March 5, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain