Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another XFL wannabe attempt at pro FB.
Another XFL wannabe attempt at pro FB.
Anyone wanna take bets this doesn't last long?

https://aaf.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5b7uv...gJ0IPD_BwE
RE: Another XFL wannabe attempt at pro FB.
Ah so Vince is trying this again is he . You would think after the last time when his blimp and his investment crashed . But Vince doesn't like to lose and will hit keep repeating the same failure over and over again .Too bad that money couldn't be spent elsewhere .It's going to be one expensive fireworks show .

[Image: latest?cb=20080628204304]
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

San Diego Fleet? LOL
I loved the XFL at the time. It was definitely colorful with teams like the "Hitmen" and players like "He Hate Me."

Of course, this was before we knew that even the contact from the boring, NFL was wrecking people's brains. The XFL was designed to be even more violent.

I hate to be a spoilsport but personally, I think the game is doomed, period - unless its played by killer robots.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
The XFL was a seriously flawed execution. And there are other reasons why it failed. Suggesting that a new attempt will fail because that prior attempt did is seriously flawed reasoning.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 1, 2019 at 11:35 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: The XFL was a seriously flawed execution.  And there are other reasons why it failed.  Suggesting that a new attempt will fail because that prior attempt did is seriously flawed reasoning.

To be fair, it wasn't just that. Anti monopoly laws since Reagan have been severely damaged. I can remember before Reagan, the phone company Bell Atlantic was broken up by the courts, but is now known as AT&T.

I am pro competition, but I don't see how anyone can compete with the NFL and grow with their influenced and power. 

I wish them luck. Year round pro football would be fun. But even with every other upstart, even at the mom and pop level 50% of upstarts fail within the first 2 years. These guys aren't starting farm leagues, they want to eventually be the NFL's competition. That is a tall order.
(January 1, 2019 at 11:42 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 1, 2019 at 11:35 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: The XFL was a seriously flawed execution.  And there are other reasons why it failed.  Suggesting that a new attempt will fail because that prior attempt did is seriously flawed reasoning.

To be fair, it wasn't just that. Anti monopoly laws since Reagan have been severely damaged. I can remember before Reagan, the phone company Bell Atlantic was broken up by the courts, but is now known as AT&T.

I am pro competition, but I don't see how anyone can compete with the NFL and grow with their influenced and power. 

I wish them luck. Year round pro football would be fun. But even with every other upstart, even at the mom and pop level 50% of upstarts fail within the first 2 years. These guys aren't starting farm leagues, they want to eventually be the NFL's competition. That is a tall order.

Ye have that, two versions in fact, Rugby and Association.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another attempt at spring pro football. Brian37 0 438 May 29, 2021 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  NFL Pro Bowl Brian37 0 262 January 31, 2021 at 9:39 am
  XFL to start next week. Brian37 20 1817 February 5, 2020 at 4:24 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The myth of the draft in pro sports. Brian37 3 516 December 29, 2019 at 8:28 pm
  New Pro football league airs on CBS tonight. Brian37 4 632 February 9, 2019 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Pro Bowl severely neutered. Brian37 7 684 January 28, 2019 at 7:58 am
  Pro Gay Olympic uniforms? Something completely different 14 3206 October 28, 2013 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist