Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The God Particle"
"The God Particle"
I am utterly shocked and utterly awed by the accuracy of the scientific discovery.

The discovery is from 2012, it's called the "Higgs boson", or as the mainstream media call it "The God Particle":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

Down below, I will show what awed me:

-------------------------

1) Life doesn't last -literally; nothing is stable around us-:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

Quote:Nature of the universe, and its possible fates

In the Standard Model, there exists the possibility that the underlying state of our universe -known as the "vacuum" - is long-lived, but not completely stable.

This is stated explicitly in the Quran:

Quote:Sura 10, The Quran:

Sahih International

(7) Indeed, those who do not expect the meeting with Us and are satisfied with the life of this world and feel secure therein and those who are heedless of Our signs

(8) For those their refuge will be the Fire because of what they used to earn.

Rejecting facts is among the reasons people go to hell.
Nobody should be satisfied with this changing world. Nothing lasts in here, that points to something.

2) The universe will be re-produced again, in a second Big-Bang:

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/a-seco...rchers-say

Quote:Since these giant anomalies don’t operate according to the laws of standard physics, ablack hole could theoretically change the Higgs boson's mass, destabilizing the field. Physicist Joseph Lykken and the late Stephen Hawking were the first to propose the collapse of the Higgs boson field as a potential doomsday scenario. “It turns out we’re right on the edge between a stable universe and an unstable universe,” Lykken told the . “We’re sort of right on the edge where the universe can last for a long time, but eventually, it should go ‘boom.'”

Shockingly this is also stated explicitly in the Quran:

Quote:Sura 10, The Quran:

Sahih International

(4) To Him is your return all together. [It is] the promise of Allah [which is] truth. Indeed, He begins the [process of] creation and then repeats it that He may reward those who have believed and done righteous deeds, in justice. But those who disbelieved will have a drink of scalding water and a painful punishment for what they used to deny.

Did science just predict that:
1-The universe would end
2-The universe would be remade?

Another verse that awed me even more, is that God referred to the 2 methods of creation as being the same, just like the scientific theories said: it begins with a bang-it begins again with a bang:

Quote:Sahih International

Surah 21, The Quran:

(104) The Day when We will fold the heaven like the folding of a [written] sheet for the records. As We began the first creation, We will repeat it. [That is] a promise binding upon Us. Indeed, We will do it.

As the first universe started; the second will start the same way. This is not a statement from a physics class; this is verse 104 from Sura 21 in the Quran.
RE: "The God Particle"
At work.

Hi AtlassS33! Big Grin

So.... Are there any bits of the Quran that are currently just hypotheses?

If so, what is being done to test such ideas?

Cheers.
Jesus.fucking.christ.  Goodnight

Did it ever occur that what you are doing is the most lousy reasoning possible?
"Hey, science found out something, and i am *massaging* my favourite ancient text in a way that said text seems to say what i already know". The reality is, when you look at whats written, it does say nothing, ab-so-fuck-ing-lutely-nothing about higgs bosons.

Its like a rorschach test. Quran paints an ink-blob, you look at it and tell us its a higgs boson. It is not. You thought of a Higgs boson and thats what you see in the Quran.
Quite helpful that your text is so ambiguous and erratic, that fucking any-thing-possible can be interpreted into it. You claim that what science found out is what your text always was trying to tell us? PROVE IT.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(January 10, 2019 at 12:57 pm)Deesse23 Wrote: Jesus.fucking.christ.  Goodnight

Did it ever occur that what you are doing is the most lousy reasoning possible?
"Hey, science found out something, and i am *massaging* my favourite ancient text in a way that said text seems to say what i already know". The reality is, when you look at whats written, it does say nothing, ab-so-fuck-ing-lutely-nothing about higgs bosons.

Its like a rorschach test. Quran paints an ink-blob, you look at it and tell us its a higgs boson. It is not. You thought of a Higgs boson and thats what you see in the Quran.
Quite helpful that your text is so ambiguous and erratic, that fucking any-thing-possible can be interpreted into it. You claim that what science found out is what your text always was trying to tell us? PROVE IT.

Not just that, but Atlass as a Muslim is doing the same thing Jews and Hindus and Buddhists and Christians do. When they cant flat out argue their holy writings, they try to debunk science, then when they cant do that, they try to retrofit modern science to their old mythology.

If it worked like that then everyone should believe in the polytheism of ancient Greece because they coined the word "atom" or "atomos" meaning "uncuttable".
But back then the ancient Greeks had no idea what an electron, proton, neutron, or quark was, much less the Higgs-Boson particle was.

Christians and Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Jews today, quite often have members whom try to get modern scientific knowledge to prop up old mythology.
Atlas, you're reading something into the passages that simply is not there. At least I see none of what you're saying.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 10, 2019 at 4:18 pm)wyzas Wrote: Atlas, you're reading something into the passages that simply is not there. At least I see none of what you're saying.

As I said in my prior posts, every religion worldwide has followers/apologists who do this.
(January 10, 2019 at 5:52 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: <snipping the quranic science bullshit>

Do you know where the "god" particle name comes from?

Of course you don't, because it puts the lie to your bullshit.

Scientists called the Higgs Boson the "goddamned" particle, because a) it's existence was so central to the standard model and b) it was so goddamned hard to prove existence of it. A christian newspaper editor, thinking he could see a way to prove god, decided to drop the damned bit and talked it up as a divine spark.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(January 10, 2019 at 4:49 pm)Nomad Wrote:
(January 10, 2019 at 5:52 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: <snipping the quranic science bullshit>

Do you know where the "god" particle name comes from?

Of course you don't, because it puts the lie to your bullshit.

Scientists called the Higgs Boson the "goddamned" particle, because a) it's existence was so central to the standard model and b) it was so goddamned hard to prove existence of it.  A christian newspaper editor, thinking he could see a way to prove god, decided to drop the damned bit and talked it up as a divine spark.

Not the first time theists have twisted words scientist use.
(January 10, 2019 at 5:52 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Nothing lasts in here, that points to something.

No, it doesn't. It doesn't point to anything at all. Your desires do, but your desires and the world are not the same.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
A determined person could "prove" a romance novel was divinely-inspired using that technique.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein