Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This day in active shooter history.....
This day in active shooter history.....
As long as the industry, the NRA leadership and GOP hold our nation hostage, firearm violence will not stop being an epidemic.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/active-...index.html

Now cue the hollow cliche, "Thoughts an prayers".

The the standard "Just keep them out of the wrong hands."

Its the mentally ill

Its the criminals

Its religiously motivated.

^^^^^^ None of which are the right hands. But they are always disturbed  and always have access to a firearms.  Prevention is not a presumption of guilt. And people can and do fly under the radar with no record only to legally by a firearm and do things like this. I do not care if the firearm was legal or stolen, it still amounts to a flooded market and ease of access.
RE: This day in active shooter history.....
I guess there were not enough dead bodies, because all the cable news shows moved on.

Who cares 4 police officers were shot. Who cares about about the amount of suicides, or domestic violence or children accidentally shooting themselves or others. If it bleeds it leads. Cant fuck with their bread and butter.
At the very least, getting rid of guns will slow down the tide of these mass murders somewhat.

That said, I strongly suspect that there’s already enough guns in the American ecosystem that people will still be able to find guns if they know where to find them. And even if that’s not true, well, potential mass murderers are finally beginning to figure out the slaughter potential inherent in their own cars. Just look at what happened in Toronto if you need any proof of that.

That said, gun control could very well be a crucial step in stemming the tide. After all, with society turning into a behavioral sink, having all these guns in the ecosystem is not helping. Just don’t expect it to be a cure-all.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 15, 2019 at 7:33 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: At the very least, getting rid of guns will slow down the tide of these mass murders somewhat.

That said, I strongly suspect that there’s already enough guns in the American ecosystem that people will still be able to find guns if they know where to find them. And even if that’s not true, well, potential mass murderers are finally beginning to figure out the slaughter potential inherent in their own cars. Just look at what happened in Toronto if you need any proof of that.

That said, gun control could very well be a crucial step in stemming the tide. After all, with society turning into a behavioral sink, having all these guns in the ecosystem is not helping. Just don’t expect it to be a cure-all.

Not "somewhat" but drastically.

Now again, when I  talk about stop making them like candy, and handing them out like candy, I am not calling for a 100% ban. Australia and Canada and Japan allow firearm ownership too. But what they don't have is an unhealthy blind worship. 

Guns are far more easy to commit violence with because they allow distance between the user and intended target. It is the #1 method of suicide alone. The other reason our allies don't have the amount of firearm violence we do, among wealthy nations, is that they also have better economics, better health care and more worker stability.
[Image: d9AAS1M.jpg]
(February 15, 2019 at 8:16 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: [Image: d9AAS1M.jpg]

Works just as well as prayer.
My wife tells me she's already seen claims of false flag. You go, Russian trolls.
(February 15, 2019 at 8:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 15, 2019 at 7:33 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: At the very least, getting rid of guns will slow down the tide of these mass murders somewhat.

Now again, when I  talk about stop making them like candy, and handing them out like candy, I am not calling for a 100% ban. Australia and Canada and Japan allow firearm ownership too. But what they don't have is an unhealthy blind worship. 

Guns are far more easy to commit violence with because they allow distance between the user and intended target. It is the #1 method of suicide alone. The other reason our allies don't have the amount of firearm violence we do, among wealthy nations, is that they also have better economics, better health care and more worker stability.

Gun violence, yeah. But remember that more mass murderers have discovered the slaughter potential inherent in their own cars. Remember Toronto?

(February 15, 2019 at 8:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

In the US guns are the #1 method of suicide, and suicide is about 2/3 of gun deaths. Now when you look at the suicide rates of other countries, the US doesn't stand out. The Japanese are a little more prone to suicide per 100,000 people. The Canadians and Australians a little bit less. So this means that fewer guns does not equal fewer suicides. So we won't reduce the number of suicides by removing guns from the equation.

Now homicides have been declining. Homicides are about half of what they were 25 or 30 years ago. Guns homicides are half of what they were.

So to me it makes a lot more sense to worry about things that are killing people that haven't been declining, or have been on the rise. We get ourselves and each other killed with our cars. And cars kill as many as guns. And there is the opioid epidemic that is now killing as many people as cars.

Given that a gun ban won't significantly reduce 2/3 of gun deaths, it seems to make more sense to concentrate on these other things that are killing people.

Now, you are probably angry at me, because I have said these things to you before. But hey, the thing that really bothers me about people like you, is that I get the sense that you don't really care about the people who are dying. You just want to use their deaths as a Mount Moral to stand on top of and take a selfie. Car related deaths and Opioid deaths are uninteresting to you, because the image of being a moral crusader against guns is just so much more appealing to you. But you are a phony who is using other people's tragedies to feel good about yourself.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
You utterly fail to mention that mass murders and mass shootings have, in fact, been on the rise, and that's been the problem.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/201...full-data/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ma...ted_States

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

I do concede that there's a good chance that mass murderers who lack access to gun will move on to vehicular ramming attacks (like in Nice, Charlottesville, or Toronto), but to assume that guns are not even part of the problem when mass shootings have been skyrocketing is disingenuous.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 14236 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Kenosha Shooter Kyle Rittenhouse onlinebiker 154 6184 September 23, 2020 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History WinterHold 0 290 March 26, 2020 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Active shooter in NZ The Valkyrie 157 15980 March 21, 2019 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another active shooter in MD. Brian37 52 6311 June 30, 2018 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Active Shooter At You Tube Headquarters A Theist 148 12328 April 6, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  City College Holds "Active Shooter Drill" Rhondazvous 9 1387 April 3, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Active shooter and hostage situation Foxaèr 7 773 March 10, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Tucker Carlson launches "Men In America"... during women's history month Divinity 19 2403 March 10, 2018 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: John V
  Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story Foxaèr 57 5848 October 28, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye