Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's in your baggie?
What's in your baggie?

An interesting little documentary about MDMA in today's music festival scene. As they say in the video, most of what people are doing nowadays when they take "molly," "ecstasy" or MDMA is actually methamphetamine, amphetamine, MDPV or "bath salts," or some combination of those things, including other cathinones. Basically, most people who are doing "molly" are actually doing meth, which is not what molly is supposed to be - at all. Molly, ecstasy, rolls, etc. are all slang for MDMA, a hallucinogenic drug that was popular in the 90s. MDMA does have a sort of speedy feel to it, which is why many people are tricked into buying these imposter drugs yet remain convinced that they took MDMA. Sometimes, it's pretty obvious you've been duped, but if you're not experienced with MDMA, how would you know?

Plenty of people have actually died like this. However, very few people actually ever die from MDMA - it's relatively safe compared to the imposter drugs often sold as MDMA. 

So I'm not sure if anyone has taken MDMA or ever been to a music festival. But if you have any interest in the subject, please check out the documentary above. Also, if you're going to use drugs, please buy a field test kit. They're readily available online and pretty cheap.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: What's in your baggie?
It's a good thing I don't do drugs.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 24, 2019 at 5:09 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It's a good thing I don't do drugs.

Same. My party days are behind me. It's a, mostly, empty pursuit. Some of it is very fiendish and sad, like with heroin, cocaine and meth and some alcohol. Some of it is sort of sanctimonious and self-righteous, like with the world of LSD, DMT, psilocybin (magic mushrooms), etc. Some of it is childish and trying way too hard to be cool: cannabis. Some of it is pointless: nicotine. Some of it is just to have a good time, like with MDMA, alcohol, ketamine, and some cocaine.

But all of it is, mostly, empty. It's an attempt to escape reality, sometimes disguised as a search for a "higher truth." While I do think there are benefits to certain drugs like LSD and DMT, I think, for the most part, using drugs is just a way to escape how you're feeling in the present moment. They often say in recovery circles that when you have an urge to use a drug, it's not really an urge to use the drug, it's that you're feeling something uncomfortable that you can't describe that you want to stop feeling.

But, if people are going to do drugs, which they are, I think they should at least use test kits like those offered by BunkPolice or DanceSafe so they have some idea of what they're putting in their body.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
(February 24, 2019 at 5:29 pm)PRJA93 Wrote:
(February 24, 2019 at 5:09 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It's a good thing I don't do drugs.

Same. My party days are behind me. It's a, mostly, empty pursuit. Some of it is very fiendish and sad, like with heroin, cocaine and meth and some alcohol. Some of it is sort of sanctimonious and self-righteous, like with the world of LSD, DMT, psilocybin (magic mushrooms), etc. Some of it is childish and trying way too hard to be cool: cannabis. Some of it is pointless: nicotine. Some of it is just to have a good time, like with MDMA, alcohol, ketamine, and some cocaine.

But all of it is, mostly, empty. It's an attempt to escape reality, sometimes disguised as a search for a "higher truth." While I do think there are benefits to certain drugs like LSD and DMT, I think, for the most part, using drugs is just a way to escape how you're feeling in the present moment. They often say in recovery circles that when you have an urge to use a drug, it's not really an urge to use the drug, it's that you're feeling something uncomfortable that you can't describe that you want to stop feeling.

But, if people are going to do drugs, which they are, I think they should at least use test kits like those offered by BunkPolice or DanceSafe so they have some idea of what they're putting in their body.

I tried grass ONCE.  I vomited all over my brother's rug, then hallucinated for several  hours. My brother and my wife spent the time giggling.

My thing was alcohol.   Currently 16 years sober .

MY cravings were for a drink, didn't matter much which. For economy I used to drink 5 litre horrible cask wines so popular in Oz

The underlying reasons seem to vary. I discovered in recovery that my alcoholism was self medicating for  chronic depression.  Now I take prescribed  medication, and function a lot better. At the time ,it was the desire to feel 'normal'. The amount needed to get there slowly increased over some years.s.

I've met a LOT of alkies over the years. Most seemed a bit flaky  to me. IE alkies tend to suffer from a range of psychiatric illnesses.
(February 24, 2019 at 7:19 pm)fredd bear Wrote:
(February 24, 2019 at 5:29 pm)PRJA93 Wrote: Same. My party days are behind me. It's a, mostly, empty pursuit. Some of it is very fiendish and sad, like with heroin, cocaine and meth and some alcohol. Some of it is sort of sanctimonious and self-righteous, like with the world of LSD, DMT, psilocybin (magic mushrooms), etc. Some of it is childish and trying way too hard to be cool: cannabis. Some of it is pointless: nicotine. Some of it is just to have a good time, like with MDMA, alcohol, ketamine, and some cocaine.

I tried grass ONCE.  I vomited all over my brother's rug, then hallucinated for several  hours. My brother and my wife spent the time giggling.

My thing was alcohol.   Currently 16 years sober .

MY cravings were for a drink, didn't matter much which. For economy I used to drink 5 litre horrible cask wines so popular in Oz

The underlying reasons seem to vary. I discovered in recovery that my alcoholism was self medicating for  chronic depression.  Now I take prescribed  medication, and function a lot better. At the time ,it was the desire to feel 'normal'. The amount needed to get there slowly increased over some years.s.

I've met a LOT of alkies over the years. Most seemed a bit flaky  to me. IE alkies tend to suffer from a range of psychiatric illnesses.
I'm glad you're sober now! And I believe cannabis is relatively harmless but some people do have bad reactions. My drug use was certainly an attempt to "feel okay." I suppose I learned to self-medicate pretty early. I think it's a fair generalization to make that at least a good amount of users are self-medicating.
A field test kit is a good idea. I grew out of doing drugs before meth hit my area in any big way. We didn't even have major heroin use until I was in my 20s. I'm glad I got to experiment in a safe environment.
(February 24, 2019 at 7:51 pm)Shell B Wrote: A field test kit is a good idea. I grew out of doing drugs before meth hit my area in any big way. We didn't even have major heroin use until I was in my 20s. I'm glad I got to experiment in a safe environment.

Yea, good thing!

Not sure how old you are, but in the 90s there WERE some deaths attributed to MDMA, but it turns out they were actually associated with a rare research chemical called PMAA. So even then, MDMA wasn't what was killing people, it was research chemicals that people knew nothing about. They didn't even know they were taking research chemicals. PMAA is weird because it has a very small recreational window. Just for example, with PMAA, let's say that any dose up to 50mg won't even produce psychoactive effects, 60-90mg will produce an intense euphoric high, similar to MDMA, but 100mg will put you in cardiac arrest. I don't know the actual numbers of it, but you get the gist.

So yea, back in the day, people would just tell you "This weed is Panama Red" and you took their word for it. Or they'd hand you a pill and say "This is ecstasy (MDMA)" and you took their word for it. Now, there's no reason to take unnecessary risks like that as field kits are readily available online.

I used to use Bunk Police but I heard Dancesafe is good too.
I mostly just experimented with drugs. I feel lucky that I don't seem to be prone to addiction. I always stayed away from heroine, because I was afraid that it might be the one that I would like too much. I've smoked opium, so I don't really know what is different about heroine, but I was afraid to find out. I never did ecstasy because I was pretty much done with my drug experiments about the time it became popular. I couldn't stand cocaine. For me it was like 20 minutes of feeling really full of myself and super confident, followed by many hours nothing special except for an inability to sleep and a need to talk nonstop to someone. Other people wanted to do more after the initial wonderful part wore off, but I couldn't stand the though of doing more.

Despite the fact that I wasn't into doing drugs, I was a rather good marijuana grower. I just operated small grow rooms. They are a lot more work than people realize. But these days, I wouldn't even know who to sell my crop to if I grew any.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
I smoked weed and drank when I was younger, but I never had any interest in anything more hard core. Maybe if you know what you're doing, the risks can be minimized, but that wasn't me at the time. I'm always puzzled by people who are willing to try things which can lead to addiction with the excuse that they're just going to try it. I'm pretty sure that's how addiction starts, and if you're only going to do it one time, then what's the point. I've had people laugh at me for feeling this way. *shrug* Maybe some fantastic psychedlic experience is worth that one time, but I doubt it. Other, less addictive substances, I'm more equivocal upon. I'm not really any more inclined to try them. I'm not a purist about consciousness and reality, preferring it "straight" or anything, I just don't really care to try these things.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(February 24, 2019 at 8:02 pm)PRJA93 Wrote:
(February 24, 2019 at 7:51 pm)Shell B Wrote: A field test kit is a good idea. I grew out of doing drugs before meth hit my area in any big way. We didn't even have major heroin use until I was in my 20s. I'm glad I got to experiment in a safe environment.

Yea, good thing!

Not sure how old you are, but in the 90s there WERE some deaths attributed to MDMA, but it turns out they were actually associated with a rare research chemical called PMAA. So even then, MDMA wasn't what was killing people, it was research chemicals that people knew nothing about. They didn't even know they were taking research chemicals. PMAA is weird because it has a very small recreational window. Just for example, with PMAA, let's say that any dose up to 50mg won't even produce psychoactive effects, 60-90mg will produce an intense euphoric high, similar to MDMA, but 100mg will put you in cardiac arrest. I don't know the actual numbers of it, but you get the gist.

So yea, back in the day, people would just tell you "This weed is Panama Red" and you took their word for it. Or they'd hand you a pill and say "This is ecstasy (MDMA)" and you took their word for it. Now, there's no reason to take unnecessary risks like that as field kits are readily available online.

I used to use Bunk Police but I heard Dancesafe is good too.

It's not so much when I grew up as where. You'd hear about 'bad batches' elsewhere, but we never had anyone buy bad shit. We all knew each other and our sources.