Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Elevator
RE: Home Elevator
After a number of delays due to missing parts and bad weather, the elevator installation has finally been completed. The only thing left is for it to be approved by the state safety inspector.  Happy Dance
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
One benefit of this new home elevator will be that I can now entertain friends from the local Senior Center who have trouble climbing stairs.  Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
You should extend the tube throughout the house.

And put up a sign, "Bienvenido a la Casa Hamster."
Make sure the first time you use it to say "Bridge"....

Cuz ya never know.........
I received a welcome Email from the Residential Elevator Co. this morning. The safety inspection of my home elevator has been scheduled for March 3rd. If all goes well, the unit will pass approval for my use. I'll also receive instructions for the elevator's operation and maintenance.  Happy Dance
So Monday you might get high?
(February 26, 2020 at 8:47 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: So Monday you might get high?

No, Monday I'll be at my mom's for lunch and Mahjong with my siblings.  Hungry
I sincerely hope the new home elevator meets your expectations. Those things have their ups and downs.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 26, 2020 at 11:37 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(February 26, 2020 at 8:47 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: So Monday you might get high?

No, Monday I'll be at my mom's for lunch and Mahjong with my siblings.  Hungry

You are so old that you need a home elevator, but on Monday you visit your mom? Faints
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(February 26, 2020 at 12:56 pm)Deesse23 Wrote:
(February 26, 2020 at 11:37 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: No, Monday I'll be at my mom's for lunch and Mahjong with my siblings.  Hungry

You are so old that you need a home elevator, but on Monday you visit your mom? Faints

I'll be 72 next month. My mom will be 99 in May. She still plays a wicked game of Mahjong.  Heart

I need the elevator because of advanced osteoarthritis, the first symptoms of which I experienced in my early 40's.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you see yourself in a nursing home some day? Foxaèr 20 509 March 11, 2024 at 10:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  So I banned myself from my home/regular/old forum Duty 5 744 December 24, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama