Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Elevator
RE: Home Elevator
A technician from the elevator company was here to perform the semi-annual inspection/maintenance on my unit. All that was needed were a few minor adjustments and lubrication where needed. He'll be around again in March.  Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
My carpenter was here this week to do some work on a few small projects and minor repairs on the house. He added some insulation and seals around my elevator to reduce any heat loss this winter.  Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
I recently had to tell my sister and one of my nieces that I can no longer go to their houses for visits because I can't deal with the stairs anymore. I don't know what I'd be doing at home now if I hadn't had my elevator installed a couple of years ago. I did my grocery shopping yesterday and brought six bags of food up to the kitchen two at a time. My kitty supervised the operation from her perch atop the firewood stack in the cellar.  Tiny Tiger
Ever since my elevator was installed, I've always been concerned that it might be a conduit for heat loss during the winter. We've been experiencing a cold wave here (Chester, MA) over the past couple of weeks with nightly temperatures near or below zero. I rode the elevator up to the attic this morning and discovered that the vestibule is COLD. There's little or no heat going up the elevator shaft to the attic. I've also noticed no significant increase in heating oil consumption for the months of December, January and February.  Great
This evening I tricked my kitty into riding the elevator from the basement to the attic and down again. When I opened the door, she exited the cab as if she had been shot from a cannon. She probably won't speak to me for the next couple of days.  Tiny Tiger
(February 8, 2022 at 1:56 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: This evening I tricked my kitty into riding the elevator from the basement to the attic and down again. When I opened the door, she exited the cab as if she had been shot from a cannon. She probably won't speak to me for the next couple of days.  Tiny Tiger

Uhmmmm bro?

If your cat IS talking to you - you might want to have the sawbones check which blue pills he' s been giving you....

Smile
(February 8, 2022 at 2:28 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(February 8, 2022 at 1:56 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: This evening I tricked my kitty into riding the elevator from the basement to the attic and down again. When I opened the door, she exited the cab as if she had been shot from a cannon. She probably won't speak to me for the next couple of days.  Tiny Tiger

Uhmmmm bro?

If your cat IS talking to you - you might want to have the sawbones check which blue pills he' s been giving you....

Smile

Nothing unusual in that. Our cats talk to us all the time.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 8, 2022 at 5:34 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 8, 2022 at 2:28 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Uhmmmm bro?

Smile

Nothing unusual in that. Our cats talk to us all the time.

Boru

Yup.

They usually say, "feed me", "now that you've let me out, I want to come in again", "feed me again!", and, "kill them. Kill them all!"
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 8, 2022 at 5:39 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(February 8, 2022 at 5:34 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Nothing unusual in that. Our cats talk to us all the time.

Boru

Yup.

They usually say, "feed me", "now that you've let me out, I want to come in again", "feed me again!", and, "kill them.  Kill them all!"

You left out, 'You're in my spot.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
All this Covid business has caused delays in my elevator service company's schedules. My home elevator was supposed to be inspected and serviced three weeks ago. I was finally contacted by their office a couple of days ago. A technician will be stopping by next week.  Great

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you see yourself in a nursing home some day? Foxaèr 20 507 March 11, 2024 at 10:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  So I banned myself from my home/regular/old forum Duty 5 741 December 24, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama