Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Elevator
RE: Home Elevator
My home elevator passed inspection yesterday. The technician performed minor maintenance. It's good for another six months.  Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(April 21, 2022 at 7:29 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: My home elevator passed inspection yesterday. The technician performed minor maintenance. It's good for another six months.  Great

Is it really a home elevator???

Have you any pictures of it elevating the house?

I gotta see that....

Wink
(April 21, 2022 at 7:33 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(April 21, 2022 at 7:29 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: My home elevator passed inspection yesterday. The technician performed minor maintenance. It's good for another six months.  Great

Is it really a home elevator???

Have you any pictures of it elevating the house?

I gotta see that....

Wink

Hmph
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
We're at that point of spring here in Chester, MA when the days are warm and nights are cool. The attic ventilation fans cool the house at night. I keep the window shades drawn downward on the sunny side of the house during the day to keep the indoors from becoming overly warm. This would involve climbing a lot of stairs if it weren't for my home elevator.  Great
I only have one south facing window upstairs - so I don't mess with it.

I do close all the east and south facing drapes during the day.... Walking inside at 3 in the afternoon it' s always 10-15 degrees (f) cooler inside.....

Fans in the windows at night during warmer weather helps...
My drapes are translucent white. The best of both worlds.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
My brother was here several days ago. He couldn't resist riding the elevator from the cellar to the attic and back down again.   Naughty
(June 11, 2022 at 10:00 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote: My brother was here several days ago. He couldn't resist riding the elevator from the cellar to the attic and back down again.   Naughty

Did he mention Scotty???
(June 11, 2022 at 10:00 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote: My brother was here several days ago. He couldn't resist riding the elevator from the cellar to the attic and back down again.   Naughty

I would do the same.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 12, 2022 at 11:41 am)onlinebiker Wrote:

Did he mention Scotty???

No, but then my brother isn't much of a Star Trek fan. It's more likely that the elevator would remind him of those transport tubes in Futurama.  Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you see yourself in a nursing home some day? Foxaèr 20 507 March 11, 2024 at 10:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  So I banned myself from my home/regular/old forum Duty 5 742 December 24, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama