Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of Us Is Crying for an ABBA Thread.
RE: One of Us Is Crying for an ABBA Thread.
(March 6, 2019 at 10:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Dean!

"What? Listen, I can't really talk right now, okay?
The ABBnormals have sold me to the BeyHive and now I must dance for them."
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7794936]
I found a version of "money money money" with slightly better singers, and much better looking ones!

Okay, enough joking around though. I at least have to say that it's nice Dana Carvey got to play in a band for a few years before he started acting.
I'll give you this Brian.
ABBA is half fuckable!

I like beards! Naughty

NOT
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 6, 2019 at 10:04 pm)ignoramus Wrote: So is McDonalds ...It doesn't make them a good restaurant, now does it!
Fallacy of popularity.... you should know better than trying that shite on us! lol.

No, I am sorry, but even with pop music, not just ABBA, but any pop music, i think that gets a bad wrap in general. 

I don't think all music has to be deep, be it rap, or country or pop or rock.

I see nothing wrong with some songs simply being pop.

As with any art, it is simply that which works, and just  because you personally don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't good. 

I have the same problem with food critics. And art critics,

If you want to say you personally don't like ABBA, I get that. But they did do something right otherwise they would not be one of the top selling bands of all time for the past 40 plus years. 

I personally do not like Bob Dylan's voice. I've liked his views sure, but I have never liked his voice. He has tons of fans and is talented.

I have the same problem with critics of pro sports. Soccer fans hate NFL football , some people hate golf. But I don't care about what sport at the pro level you like or do not like, you have to have some talent to get to that level.

I'd say when you have an entire museum dedicated to your band, and your music is still being used in movies and plays and has been covered by even rock musicians, you're doing something right.
There is an entire museum dedicated to poo in Sandown. What does that tell you?
(March 6, 2019 at 11:31 pm)bennyboy Wrote: I found a version of "money money money" with slightly better singers, and much better looking ones!

Okay, enough joking around though.  I at least have to say that it's nice Dana Carvey got to play in a band for a few years before he started acting.

Ha  ha ha ha  ha, you are an asshole.....

Not for poking fun of ABBA, but the fact I was drinking something and almost choked watching it.

Even outside music, our species has always had a tendency whatever the beef, to want to try to knock the top of the heap off it's pedestal.

Regardless of what you think of ABBA personally, this parody was funny and I can appreciate the time and talent it took to make it. But, that also says something about the impact ABBA the real band had in gaining so much attention as to be parodied.

You ask artists who have been parodied by Weird Al, most of them would say it was a complement.

Here is the original song Money Money Money.

I especially liked the spoof of the Piano Company name in the cartoon. If that was not a Commie reference, I don't know what was.
There is no way anyone who claims to hate ABBA while 100% of the time while liking a single Ramones Song.

RationalPoet.... How many people feel like beating on the orange brat?

Even Olivia Newton John's family was involved in making the Nazis pay.

Quote:Quote Wiki article : Newton-John's father was an MI5 officer[7] on the Enigma project at Bletchley Park who took Rudolf Hess into custody during World War II.[8][9

So when anyone says pop sucks, I don't care.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abba return to UK top 10 after 40 years... Duty 10 1133 September 11, 2021 at 6:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I am not alone. Pet adoption and ABBA.... Brian37 7 663 February 5, 2020 at 5:51 pm
  As much as I love ABBA, this is my fav song..... Brian37 16 1611 January 25, 2020 at 10:00 pm
  ABBA credits 'the gays' for their return to music Foxaèr 23 2410 September 23, 2019 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Had enough of ABBA? Fine, here's Blondie! Brian37 31 2659 July 9, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: tackattack
  I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys. Brian37 22 1910 May 25, 2019 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  ABBA! AAAAAAAH!!!! chimp3 28 3148 May 1, 2018 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  ABBA Happy New Year..... Brian37 8 1527 January 1, 2018 at 12:00 am
  The unofficial ABBA originals vs cover thread. Brian37 22 5169 November 22, 2017 at 4:44 pm
  ABBA hinted at it but this lady hooked me. Brian37 25 5170 June 15, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie