Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharia law anyone?
Sharia law anyone?
Jesus H Christ! I knew our Muslim friends dressed a bit funny but don't you hate it when the far right make up shite like this to present their beliefs in a negative light.

It is exaggerated. Right?
I mean, mind control? Seriously? (in red)

Islam's Sharia law is cast from the words of Muhammad, called "hadith," his actions, called "sunnah," and the Quran, which he dictated. The Sharia law itself cannot be altered but its interpretation, called "fiqh," by muftis (Islamic jurists) is given some latitude.

As a legal system, the Sharia law is exceptionally broad. While other legal codes regulate public behavior, Sharia regulates public behavior, private behavior, and even private beliefs. Compared to other legal codes, the Sharia law also prioritizes punishment over rehabilitation and favors corporal and capital punishments over incarceration. Of all legal systems in the world today, the Sharia law is the most intrusive and restrictive, especially against women. According to the Sharia law (see the links for details):

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the hands (Quran 5:38).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (See Compulsion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A woman or girl who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove rape of a female (Quran 24:13).
• A woman or girl who alleges rape without producing 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
• A woman or girl found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see "Islamophobia").
• A male convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his victim.
• Muslim men have sexual rights to any woman/girl not wearing the Hijab (see Taharrush).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal."
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Sharia law anyone?
(March 15, 2019 at 7:44 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Jesus H Christ! I knew our Muslim friends dressed a bit funny but don't you hate it when the far right make up shite like this to present their beliefs in a negative light.

Islam's Sharia law is cast from the words of Muhammad, called "hadith," his actions, called "sunnah," and the Quran, which he dictated. The Sharia law itself cannot be altered but its interpretation, called "fiqh," by muftis (Islamic jurists) is given some latitude.

As a legal system, the Sharia law is exceptionally broad. While other legal codes regulate public behavior, Sharia regulates public behavior, private behavior, and even private beliefs. Compared to other legal codes, the Sharia law also prioritizes punishment over rehabilitation and favors corporal and capital punishments over incarceration. Of all legal systems in the world today, the Sharia law is the most intrusive and restrictive, especially against women. According to the Sharia law (see the links for details):

• A woman or girl who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove rape of a female (Quran 24:13).
• A woman or girl who alleges rape without producing 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
• A woman or girl found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see "Islamophobia").
• A male convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his victim.
• Muslim men have sexual rights to any woman/girl not wearing the Hijab (see Taharrush).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal."

I would like to make a big objection on this point:

Quote:Islam's Sharia law is cast from the words of Muhammad, called "hadith," his actions, called "sunnah," and the Quran, which he dictated. The Sharia law itself cannot be altered but its interpretation, called "fiqh," by muftis (Islamic jurists) is given some latitude.

The word "Sharia" in Arabic means "law". You can imagine how weird it is to hear somebody say "the law of the law". "Islamic Law" is a proper translation that clears a lot of misconceptions.

There are "various versions of the Islamic Law; aka Sharia".
Your list contains "bits from so many Islamic Law variations"; including Shiite Islam, Sunni Islam, Wahhabi Islam, Salafi Islam.

If you kept it to the Quran only, this list will vary totally.
many points have nothing to do with the Quran, it is also unrealistic and a cherry pick of the harshest or strangest sentences in every law

The Right found nothing against the Quran, without the Hadith they have no cause against Islam.
We should bring forth the points allowing for the use of nuclear bombs and mass murder in wars written in the constitutions of the Kuffar.
Atlas, they're no doubt trying to exacerbate...
I have no sympathy or respect for those who post or support this stuff.

It does not help anyone... only to fortify xenophobias. (like the fuckwit yesterday)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 15, 2019 at 7:44 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Jesus H Christ! I knew our Muslim friends dressed a bit funny but don't you hate it when the far right make up shite like this to present their beliefs in a negative light.

Sharia Law can be compared with Mosaic Law(still 'on the books'" ) Hammurabi's code and  some ancient Egyptian practices.

All of these laws may have been relatively just when they were written. Perhaps a couple of thousand years ago .Except Sharia law, which was written in about the sixth century ce given fully formed, by the Prophet according to Islamic tradition

Since those days, Jewish and Christian societies have moved on and tend not to have theocratic governments. Strict Sharai law is still practised in a large number of Countries. I didn't believe this to be true until I looked it up and was stunned. You may be unpleasantly surprised.

I quote some of the countries below. A fuller list can be seen via the link below.

Countries using strict forms of Sharia Law include:
Death for Blasphemy:
1. Afghanistan

2. Bahrain
3. Iran
4. Mauritania
5. Oman
6. Pakistan
7. Yemen
8. Saudi Arabia
9. Gaza

https://www.answers.com/Q/What_countries_use_Sharia_Law
(March 15, 2019 at 8:18 pm)fredd bear Wrote:

Sharia Law can be compared with Mosaic Law(still 'on the books'" ) Hammurabi's code and  some ancient Egyptian practices.

All of these laws may have been relatively just when they were written. Perhaps a couple of thousand years ago .Except Sharia law, which was written in about the sixth century ce given fully formed, by the Prophet according to Islamic tradition

Since those days, Jewish and Christian societies have moved on and tend not to have theocratic governments. Strict Sharai law is still practised in a large number of Countries. I didn't believe this to be true until I looked it up and was stunned. You may be unpleasantly surprised.

I quote some of the countries below. A fuller list can be seen via the link below.

Death for Blasphemy:
1. Afghanistan

2. Bahrain
3. Iran
4. Mauritania
5. Oman
6. Pakistan
7. Yemen
8. Saudi Arabia
9. Gaza

One should certainly understand the law of lands before they enter them. But if you don't like the law of those lands, then you should stay out of them. What are you going to do? Tell other nations that they had better start practicing Australian law right this instant? Tell them that they had better start living in accordance with your western values right now? The law of the land is the law (but that's a Jewish law).
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
Islamic law is not going to become part of the U.S. legal system. The Christians who want to execute homosexuals and witches in the name of Jesus  would never let that happen.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(March 15, 2019 at 8:27 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(March 15, 2019 at 8:18 pm)fredd bear Wrote:  

Death for Blasphemy:
1. Afghanistan

2. Bahrain
3. Iran
4. Mauritania
5. Oman
6. Pakistan
7. Yemen
8. Saudi Arabia
9. Gaza

One should certainly understand the law of lands before they enter them. But if you don't like the law of those lands, then you should stay out of them. What are you going to do? Tell other nations that they had better start practicing Australian law right this instant? Tell them that they had better start living in accordance with your western values right now? The law of the land is the law (but that's a Jewish law).

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

What? I never said any such thing, nor did I imply it. My post was simply about Sharia law as  concept and where it is practised. Imo it is perfectly reasonable to criticise such a harsh system. 

The attitude in my country is that you obey our laws or accept the consequence  George Pell is a good example of consequences for some one who thought he was above our laws. 

As it turns out, I've done a bit of travel. Included was the then communist state of Yugoslavia. Before that there was the PRC. You can bet your bippy I made myself aware of local laws, and behaved as I always have  when travelling; as an uncritical and respectful guest.

I also lived in a Muslims country, Malaysia. I was in the army. We were given a lecture about local laws. I spent a lot of time visiting a friend in  a local village. There were crucial local customs to observe.

Also had a large number of US cousins (most are dead now) Visited the US a couple of times. Loved it. Beautiful country.  Before even going, my parents made me aware of a bunch of things I needed to know, starting with tipping (not obligatory here as service workers are paid a living wage)

I decided not to visit the US again after they passed the  Patriot Act, which I read. My reasoning was and is that if they will treat their own citizens like that, how on earth would they treat a foreigner? I wasn't willing to take risk...

Perhaps try not to make unfounded assumptions about me or my country, there's a good chap
Religion of Peace indeed.
[Image: latest?cb=20100721025111]
(March 16, 2019 at 12:59 am)Draconic Aiur Wrote: Religion of Peace indeed.

Read The Quran have you?

There are one billion Muslims world wide.  In my experience most Muslims seem to be about as devout as say your average Catholic..IE Not very.

The word 'jihad" simply means 'struggle' and refers to the struggle to live a good life, although violent struggle  is included..

The five pillars of islam:

The 'Five Pillars' of Islam are the foundation of Muslim life:
  • Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad;
  • Establishment of the daily prayers;
  • Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
  • Self-purification through fasting; and
  • The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able.
http://www.islam101.com/dawah/pillars.html 

A interesting site, worth a look if you are as ignorant  about Islam as you seem to be.
Sharia law is basically Islamic law, and depending on how you dictate it can be no more harsh than the mildest form of Christian theocracy. Hell, you could even define Sharia law in a way that it's almost secular.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God's law or private law? Leonardo17 76 6470 January 19, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 3897 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 5839 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  "Sharia law makes a lot of sense" - Linda Sarsour Starman 73 19762 February 24, 2018 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Hubble's Law in the Quran long before Hubble's own discovery WinterHold 49 17892 January 7, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Saudi Arabia Law lugal ki en 17 2687 September 28, 2016 at 3:21 am
Last Post: lugal ki en
  Interview with Ani Zonneveld: Creating a 21st Century Sharia ReptilianPeon 0 821 April 19, 2016 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Pakistani Anti-Child Marriage Law ‘Anti-Islamic’ & ‘Blasphemous’ ReptilianPeon 21 4588 February 13, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Koranic Law Versus Sharia Law - Two different Islams Bigmo 10 4134 June 7, 2015 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Regina
  Sharia law ban Ophelia 7 2127 November 9, 2014 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist