Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In support of the rage of man
RE: In support of the rage of man
(March 31, 2019 at 9:01 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Or perhaps those you think of as "alpha males" were actually mentally ill people, who happened to find a socially accepted outlet for their disorders. Most psychopaths and narcissists think of themselves as "alphas". Many people with anti-social disorder probably do too.

Who gets to define illness? You? Does some shrink coming up with a term for a trait actually make it a disease?

I'd say we have to look at the species as a whole. There are so many men who have this particular "illness" that it's clearly an evolved trait. It's clearly not a trait that's well-adapted to civilized society, but that doesn't mean it's not normal and natural.

(March 31, 2019 at 1:07 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: "Son, your life is worthless" said no sane mommy or daddy, ever.  

Worthless?

"Women and children first."

Not worthless, exactly, but there's a kind of implicit term in the social contract-- men get to call the shots, for the most part, but when shit goes south they also bear the additional responsibility of placing themselves in mortal danger.

(March 31, 2019 at 1:27 pm)Thoreauvian Wrote: Expressions of emotions may be instinctive in babies, but not in adults.  We may instinctively feel emotions, but that doesn't mean we have to express them.  Often it's better not to, since emotions are so often reactions to appearances rather than to facts.  In other words, emotions can be and often are dishonest.  So if you are for expressing unfiltered emotions, you are also for expressing dishonesties in many situations, which isn't really helpful.
It's true that we generally learn to control our emotions as adults. It's also true that sometimes emotions cannot be controlled. How often have you seen a guy wiping his eyes after an emotional movie because he has "allergies?"

How often do people fall in love with a particularly bad choice of mate, get married, and follow them through the gates of hell? If they had control over their emotions, they would have said, "Ummmm. . . this not-very-good rock singer who has had sex with 10 different girls this year probably isn't the best life partner for me."

(March 31, 2019 at 1:29 pm)Yonadav Wrote: Why is my proudest memory from childhood the way that my mother doted over me and was so proud of me when I put myself between danger and my older sister? My father just nodded at me curtly. But my mother was so freaking proud. And don't get me wrong; I really loved her for that. It's hard to be a big, strong, brave man if your mother isn't proud of you.
That's right. If a girl tried to wrestle a gun away from an attacker in a grocery store, the only response she could expect to hear is "What the FUCK were you thinking!?" with the implied subtext ("Why didn't you wait for a man to save you?") Her dad almost for sure isn't going to give her a pat on the back and say how proud he is.

If a man does it, win or lose, he's likely to end up on the local news as a hero. His parents are very likely to be so overwhelmed with pride that they can't keep themselves from crying.
Mine would be ashamed that I took the risk.  We're from the "shut up and give them your wallet" camp, lol. IDK, it seems like you're swirling around how patriarchy isn't just bad for the ladies.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 31, 2019 at 4:31 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(March 31, 2019 at 9:01 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Or perhaps those you think of as "alpha males" were actually mentally ill people, who happened to find a socially accepted outlet for their disorders. Most psychopaths and narcissists think of themselves as "alphas". Many people with anti-social disorder probably do too.

Who gets to define illness?  You?  Does some shrink coming up with a term for a trait actually make it a disease?

I'd say we have to look at the species as a whole.  There are so many men who have this particular "illness" that it's clearly an evolved trait.  It's clearly not a trait that's well-adapted to civilized society, but that doesn't mean it's not normal and natural.

Yeah, I don't think we can call something a mental illness when the whole society supports and rewards it. 

It's an evolved trait, and we can see that culture rewards some of those and tries to suppress others (never perfectly). 

Aggression is one of those that people might condemn in the abstract, but easily find a way to justify when they want.
May I direct your attention to "boys will be boys" and "My ex is a psycho."?

You guys get plenty of excuses, and rage isn't an exclusively male emotion.
(March 31, 2019 at 7:49 am)tackattack Wrote: I don’t have time to fully jump in now, but I’ll be sharing my thoughts on women furthering the “oppressive male patriarchal structure” and societal effects and solutions.

Goodie?
(March 31, 2019 at 9:32 am)Yonadav Wrote: Men are basically what women want them to be. Western women are basically bored and delusional. They talk a big game, but they tend to hook up with the stronger aggressive types. And they really do expect those big strong guys to step in front of bullets for them. Hell, I don't even have a dick and I will step in front of bullets for women, just because that's what my mother taught me to do. Men are taught that their lives are worthless. And that message is repeated to them for their entire lives. When one woman is killed, it's a national tragedy. When a bunch of men are killed, so what? They're men. And men are pretty easy going about this. When they step in front of bullets, they just want to die knowing that their mothers would have been proud of them for being big, and strong, and brave.

The most depressing work on earth is at refugee camps near conflict zones. Half of the orphans aren't really orphans. You ask these kids what happened to their parents and they tell you that their father was killed and their mother ran away. So there is always an eye out for the mothers of these children. And if you find them, they frequently don't want their kid back.

Women like aggressive, proud, and brave men.  And a woman won't give her life for anything. Western women are bored and delusional.

I wasn't bored until I read this comment.
(March 31, 2019 at 5:55 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(March 31, 2019 at 9:32 am)Yonadav Wrote: Men are basically what women want them to be. Western women are basically bored and delusional. They talk a big game, but they tend to hook up with the stronger aggressive types. And they really do expect those big strong guys to step in front of bullets for them. Hell, I don't even have a dick and I will step in front of bullets for women, just because that's what my mother taught me to do. Men are taught that their lives are worthless. And that message is repeated to them for their entire lives. When one woman is killed, it's a national tragedy. When a bunch of men are killed, so what? They're men. And men are pretty easy going about this. When they step in front of bullets, they just want to die knowing that their mothers would have been proud of them for being big, and strong, and brave.

The most depressing work on earth is at refugee camps near conflict zones. Half of the orphans aren't really orphans. You ask these kids what happened to their parents and they tell you that their father was killed and their mother ran away. So there is always an eye out for the mothers of these children. And if you find them, they frequently don't want their kid back.

Women like aggressive, proud, and brave men.  And a woman won't give her life for anything. Western women are bored and delusional.

I'm generally not bored until some silly girl thinks that I am supposed to entertain her. It's like when a few of the guys are hanging out, talking and having a good time, and then that one clueless woman shows up and insists on being the center of attention. She has no idea of how much of a drag she is. She's 'bored', so she expects us to pay attention to her, and make her laugh, and clown around for her. It's fucking boring as hell for the men, once they have matured enough to stop playing that game. The only reason that they ever played that game is because they wanted to fuck her.  

So telling an older man that he bores you is sweet, sweet music to his ears. It means that you'll go away.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
Quote:I'm generally not bored until some silly girl thinks that I am supposed to entertain her. It's like when a few of the guys are hanging out, talking and having a good time, and then that one clueless woman shows up and insists on being the center of attention. She has no idea of how much of a drag she is. She's 'bored', so she expects us to pay attention to her, and make her laugh, and clown around for her. It's fucking boring as hell for the men, once they have matured enough to stop playing that game. The only reason that they ever played that game is because they wanted to fuck her.  
So your a giant tool then. Who likes to write long  pretentious rants about his contempt for women thinking your being " clever " and "witty ".

Quote:So telling an older man that he bores you is sweet, sweet music to his ears. It means that you'll go away.
So telling a younger women your boring long winded self aggrandizements thus proving that you are boring and affirming her point . Good job  Great
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(March 31, 2019 at 5:55 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(March 31, 2019 at 9:32 am)Yonadav Wrote: Women like aggressive, proud, and brave men.  And a woman won't give her life for anything. Western women are bored and delusional.

Yonadav has given up on trying to be accurate. Now he just wants to shock and offend people. He thinks he's a radical agitator or something.
Nope. I have no plans to start "being a sport" and accepting sane, functional ADULTS' acts and expressions of rage without making a peep. 
I'm all for demonizing their behavior and prosecuting them when applicable; Regardless of gender.

Reasonably sane, functional adults are capable of channeling their rage so as not to infringe on other humans' rights and well-being. Men and women do it every day. I see no reason why I or others should volunteer to be punching bags just because some folks can't be bothered to put in the necessary work. If it's too hard, then try harder, seek help....or prepare to suffer the consequences.
Packing up one's shit and moving to desolate location where one can be as primal a motherfucker as one wants to be is also an option for those who find the rules of civilized society too "unnatural" and cloying. Lol...Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Because allowing mistreatment, abuse and/or unlawful action towards myself and others to slide simply because some immature, self-entitled lazy-asses have deemed it "natural" ain't gonna happen. Not in this lifetime.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My new support for hedonism Transcended Dimensions 28 3142 March 17, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  The place of rage and hate Lemonvariable72 45 7790 November 20, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Surgenator
  Support of a claim pshun2404 13 4260 August 18, 2013 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: FallentoReason
  Atheism and Life Support Freedom 12 3561 January 4, 2012 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Rage and Outrage Edwardo Piet 29 10853 January 8, 2011 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet