Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Hate Speech
RE: PSA: Slurs
Try it like this: c*n't
Is there no letter of that alphabet that's safe anymore?

Panic
(April 23, 2019 at 8:44 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(April 23, 2019 at 1:49 am)pocaracas Wrote: [...]
The asterisks are stupid, imo.

Yeah... What dumb c*nt would ever do THAT?...  Blush

Speaking of which - is "c*nt" a slur? Because it certainly sounds like one, especially if used to describe a woman. If it is, I fear some poor c*nt might get in trouble for that...

Well, then don’t call any of our female membership a c*nt, and you won’t have anything to worry about, will you?  I know that must break your heart.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 23, 2019 at 8:48 am)Kit Wrote: Is there no letter of that alphabet that's safe anymore?

Panic

I happen to like “F” and “U”.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

4Q is my personal favourite.
(April 23, 2019 at 8:49 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(April 23, 2019 at 8:44 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Yeah... What dumb c*nt would ever do THAT?...  Blush

Speaking of which - is "c*nt" a slur? Because it certainly sounds like one, especially if used to describe a woman. If it is, I fear some poor c*nt might get in trouble for that...

Well, then don’t call any of our female membership a c*nt, and you won’t have anything to worry about, will you?  I know that must break your heart.

What if it's used towards a male member?

Or nig_er towards a white member?

Or bib_le thumper towards an atheist?

Are these ok?

My bottom line is that this rule is rushed and, at best, poorly worded, and also, imo, unnecessary, given that the trolling and PD rules already cover the behavior being targeted.
(April 23, 2019 at 8:53 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(April 23, 2019 at 8:49 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Well, then don’t call any of our female membership a c*nt, and you won’t have anything to worry about, will you?  I know that must break your heart.

Are these ok?

My bottom line is that this rule is rushed and, at best, poorly worded, and also, imo, unnecessary, given that the trolling and PD rules already cover the behavior being targeted.

A little common sense goes a long way, Poca. You’re making this far more complicated than it actually is. Here’s an idea: if you aren’t sure, don’t say it. Whoa.

(April 23, 2019 at 8:53 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(April 23, 2019 at 8:49 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Well, then don’t call any of our female membership a c*nt, and you won’t have anything to worry about, will you?  I know that must break your heart.

Are these ok?

You can’t use slurs towards anyone, doesn’t matter if they belong to a certain group.

As for your bottom line, slurs were already covered. The point of this (and correct me other staff if I’m wrong) was mainly as a heads up that we will be actioning this from here on out. We had the option to just toss out a shit ton of warnings, but we decided it was better to make an announcement just so it was clear to everyone that from here, if you use slurs you will get a warning or further action if you continue after the warning has been given.

I’m trying to be understanding of you because it seems to me that you clearly do not have an understanding of my culture, but I can’t lie and say that the reactions of you and some others here hasn’t slightly tainted my view of people.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 23, 2019 at 8:55 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(April 23, 2019 at 8:53 am)pocaracas Wrote: What if it's used towards a male member?

Are these ok?

A little common sense goes a long way, Poca. You’re making this far more complicated than it actually is. Here’s an idea: if you aren’t sure, don’t say it. Whoa.

If this rule exists, it is assumed that common sense is already out the door.
(April 23, 2019 at 9:03 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(April 23, 2019 at 8:55 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: A little common sense goes a long way, Poca. You’re making this far more complicated than it actually is. Here’s an idea: if you aren’t sure, don’t say it. Whoa.

If this rule exists, it is assumed that common sense is already out the door.

Now that, I agree with. If people exercised common sense, this rule would certainly not be in existence. No one is forced to be a member of this forum. As I said before, you’re welcome to head over to AD and drop some slurs. Let us know how it goes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: NSFW tags Nay_Sayer 14 652 March 2, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 2266 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: PLEASE READ BrianSoddingBoru4 117 9701 June 28, 2023 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 6262 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 8 2716 May 19, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  PSA: Post time limits arewethereyet 6 2183 April 22, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 6270 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 3531 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] PSA: Rape Apologetics BrianSoddingBoru4 265 42335 July 25, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  PSA: The Spam Filter BrianSoddingBoru4 2 1578 June 3, 2021 at 8:56 am