Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden finally jumps in....
RE: Biden finally jumps in....
(April 25, 2019 at 1:19 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(April 25, 2019 at 12:17 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Lets not speculate this early.

Nobody when Obama announced thought he'd rise, get the nomination, much less be elected twice. But unfortunately, the same can be said for the orange asshole.

It is too early to say that Biden, Bernie, Buttigeig, Harris, Warren will get the nomination. It is simply too early.

All I want right now at this point is for the left to stop bickering, let the process play out, and back whomever we nominate.

The alternative is unthinkable.

Oh, I do so love it when you tell me exactly what to think and do, Brian.
It's so charming. Wink

It'll come down to Bernie and Biden, with Biden ultimately being able to secure more corners of the Democratic electorate, I believe. 
Btw, I am willing to vote for someone I'm not terribly impressed with, but IMO there are a couple of legit train wrecks in the Democratic line-up. So I make no promises to go out of my way to back just anyone.

It is what it is.

I am not telling you what to think or do.

Holy shit, this needless division is exactly what Trump and Putin love.

Vote for whomever you want in the primaries. But sorry, when it comes to the general, we CANNOT afford to be divided. It is advice, not dictation.

The SCOTUS out of everything should be top of the list. Any dem we put in office will have the opportunity to undue the damage Trump has done. Give Trump 4 more years you are looking at a severely fucked up Supreme Court.
(April 25, 2019 at 12:07 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Can the left simply unite to get rid of the real threat in the White House?

I hate to say it, but you probably can't.  Someone (I disremember who) remarked that getting liberals to unite is a lot like trying herd cats:  Fun and good exercise, but foredoomed to failure.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 25, 2019 at 3:02 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 25, 2019 at 12:07 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Can the left simply unite to get rid of the real threat in the White House?

I hate to say it, but you probably can't.  Someone (I disremember who) remarked that getting liberals to unite is a lot like trying herd cats:  Fun and good exercise, but foredoomed to failure.

Boru

This sounds like something Trump would say.  Have we really gotten so cynical as to believe the worst first?

The positive: Democratic candidates wouldn't be giving people real choices if they agreed on everything.
(April 25, 2019 at 11:46 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: ...and with that, the party completes the task of making itself as unappealing as possible to the trump voters they hamstring themselves pursuing and the energy of the base.

Good luck in 2020 yall, since you've given up on living in a country with rule of law, and hope that a popularity contest between three geriatrics will somehow right the ship, instead.

Yeah, pretty much. Biden is a symbol of the "moderate" old-guard of the late eighties and nineties which chased every right wing policy they saw in the effort of making themselves more presentable to the oligarchy and maximise their chances of post politics boardroom sinecures.

This is of course ten years after the final nail was put into the coffin of such a strategy being a vote winner in the face of a genuine right wing that was even remotely competent politically.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(April 25, 2019 at 3:07 pm)Thoreauvian Wrote:
(April 25, 2019 at 3:02 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I hate to say it, but you probably can't.  Someone (I disremember who) remarked that getting liberals to unite is a lot like trying herd cats:  Fun and good exercise, but foredoomed to failure.

Boru

This sounds like something Trump would say.  Have we really gotten so cynical as to believe the worst first?

The positive: Democratic candidates wouldn't be giving people real choices if they agreed on everything.

Well, I'm pretty sure it pre-dates Trump.

I agree that choices are a good thing, but the trouble is you've got to get enough of the electorate to unite behind a particular set of choices.  That's the tough bit.  The only real way to overcome it is to have an articulate, inspirational candidate who can get voters to gloss over the difference and vote for a person they like instead of voting against a platform that they don't.

Don't get me wrong - I wish USian democrats nothing but the best, but (as GB brought up in an earlier thread) unless they can create and articulate a set of policies that are more appealing that not, I'm not at all sanguine about enough Democrats bothering to vote.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 25, 2019 at 2:07 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Vote for whomever you want in the primaries. But sorry, when it comes to the general, we CANNOT afford to be divided. 

Yet we are divided nonetheless.
Tis human nature, I'm afraid. Not much to be done about it.

I'm not keen on voting for wingnut lunacy and fuckery, massive overreach and dalliances with authoritarianism; Whether it be that of the Right or the Left. It is tremendously undesirable and disconcerting coming from either direction, so a candidate such as Sanders is likely going to be a no-go for me.

I'd sooner cast my one vote as a means of doing a small part in laying the groundwork for the possibility of having a viable third party in the future.

Anyway, if want to you blame Thena for a future stacked Supreme Court instead of the DNC and the countless Americans who will be persuaded to vote against their interests because they believe only Mr. Trump can save White America from what's coming, then go for it.

Lol...Whatever floats your boat.
Just say no to Crazy Uncle Joe!

I mean I'll vote for him over Donald Trump. I'll vote for a fucking stick (both an actual stick or a dildo) over Donald Trump. But he shouldn't get past the primaries. He's an old fuck who's to the right of Hillary and Obama. And he can't win. Right now he has name recognition, and he's a white male so that'll carry him pretty far in the primaries. But he's a corporate stooge who's just promising more of the same. People don't vote for "THE SAME OLD SHIT, DIFFERENT PLATTER" people vote for HOPE AND CHANGE. I thought Obama taught us that, and Hillary's failure to defeat the most desteable Presidential Candidate in hisotry.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
I've come to admire the fact that Donald Trump kept saying he was going to win, against the odds at the time, and he did it. He seriously could switch to the Democratic party and win the primary if he wanted to. I wish Ocassio-Cortez would make a deal with Donny... Congress drops investigations in return for Donald Trump taxing the rich in order to pay for the Green New Deal. Or would Republicans finally call foul on POTUS
(April 25, 2019 at 5:36 pm)Won2blv Wrote: I've come to admire the fact that Donald Trump kept saying he was going to win, against the odds at the time, and he did it. He seriously could switch to the Democratic party and win the primary if he wanted to. I wish Ocassio-Cortez would make a deal with Donny... Congress drops investigations in return for Donald Trump taxing the rich in order to pay for the Green New Deal. Or would Republicans finally call foul on POTUS

There is no deal to make and the investigation continue
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I won't be voting in the primary. Not a Democrat. I did vote Blue last November and will again in 2020. Fuck Trump!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 24749 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Biden Losing It onlinebiker 287 16518 November 7, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hunter Biden sells art for up to $750K brewer 21 1807 July 14, 2021 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 22984 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 910 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Biden recognizes the Armenian genocide Fake Messiah 3 358 April 25, 2021 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 811 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 4675 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Let's fill Biden's cabinet. Gawdzilla Sama 54 3764 November 9, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump vs Biden Foxaèr 93 3538 November 8, 2020 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Sal