Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bracing For Disappointment
Bracing For Disappointment
Just saw that the new 'Dune' film is going to be released next year. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Bracing For Disappointment
It better be good, like, better than that syfy miniseries, for sure.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Bound to be better than that David Lynch abortion from the 80s, but that's a pretty low bar.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I read the first one with interest, but the rest are victims of their own success.
I don't disagree.

Boru
(April 27, 2019 at 5:22 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: It better be good, like, better than that syfy miniseries, for sure.

I kind of liked that series
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I need it to be good. Tibs can't make it through the book, so the only way I can get him to know what I'm talking about when I Dune out is for this movie to be palatable.
Tell him it's an allegory for the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
The fact that it's lengthy and fiction is a complete turn-off for him. There's not a single hacker.
(April 27, 2019 at 8:41 pm)Shell B Wrote: The fact that it's lengthy and fiction is a complete turn-off for him. There's not a single hacker.

Tell him about the mentats. Popcorn