Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bracing For Disappointment
RE: Bracing For Disappointment
(April 27, 2019 at 8:36 pm)Shell B Wrote: I need it to be good. Tibs can't make it through the book, so the only way I can get him to know what I'm talking about when I Dune out is for this movie to be palatable.

I knew I'd eventually something I didn't like about Tibs. For shame on him and kudos for attempting to culture that heathen Big Grin

I agree fully with @Thena323 though, should be a netflix series for sure. Way easier to cover the expanse of setting descriptions that can make the book a little dry with a couple of pans and pictures. Probably do most of it in 2-3 seasons.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
RE: Bracing For Disappointment
The 80s movie was bad. So was the the parts of the mini series I saw.

Had a hard time getting through the book years ago.

Overall, not bothered by Dune one way or another.
Dying to live, living to die.