Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This may be farewell.
RE: This may be farewell.
(April 30, 2019 at 12:06 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 30, 2019 at 11:11 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The installer is coming to upgrade our Internet to 1000mbps. Up from 25 mbps. (I'm not sure I'll notice the difference all that much.)

Anyway, I will be downloading the Library of Congress for a few minutes.

You do know that the Ark is there, don't get near that shit, don't open it, Indy can attest to that.

The Ark isn't in the LOC.  It's in a warehouse.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 30, 2019 at 12:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 30, 2019 at 12:06 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You do know that the Ark is there, don't get near that shit, don't open it, Indy can attest to that.

Boru

Stay clear  ... its been squatted by a bunch of animals and dinosaurs
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(April 30, 2019 at 11:11 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The installer is coming to upgrade our Internet to 1000mbps. Up from 25 mbps. (I'm not sure I'll notice the difference all that much.)

Anyway, I will be downloading the Library of Congress for a few minutes.

You're getting a faster connection back to your ISP, but what they don't tell you is everybody on their system is still oversubscribed on the same two 45 mbps T3's they've been using since 2001.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(April 30, 2019 at 12:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 30, 2019 at 12:06 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You do know that the Ark is there, don't get near that shit, don't open it, Indy can attest to that.

Boru

You got me. It could also be on Mars or Tattooween. 

Yes it is a warehouse. Maybe I was wrong, but I always thought it was the warehouse of the Library Of Congress, even if not the same location. It is still fiction, the ark was never real, and Indy was also just a character.

Actually, that crate was taken to Area 51.

Oh, and WHEEEEEEEEE.
(April 30, 2019 at 12:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 30, 2019 at 12:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The Ark isn't in the LOC.  It's in a warehouse.

Boru

You got me. It could also be on Mars or Tattooween. 

Yes it is a warehouse. Maybe I was wrong, but I always thought it was the warehouse of the Library Of Congress, even if not the same location. It is still fiction, the ark was never real, and Indy was also just a character.

'Tatooine', not 'Tattooween' (which reads like a holiday for body art).

How do you know the Ark never existed?  It wasn't unusual for nomads of that time and place to carry sacred objects around with them in ornate boxes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 30, 2019 at 1:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 30, 2019 at 12:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You got me. It could also be on Mars or Tattooween. 

How do you know the Ark never existed?  It wasn't unusual for nomads of that time and place to carry sacred objects around with them in ornate boxes.

Boru

Holy crap dude. I cant spell, thanks for the update.

I could give a shit less if a box with gold angels on top  it existed. It still would not make magic real.

We can prove depictions of the Egyptian gods Ra, Osiris and Isis and Horus existed. But nobody sane believes in the "Egyptian book of the dead'.

Something certainly inspired the "Ark" story, just like something inspired claims of Apollo and Zues and Venus and Vishnu. And we have plenty of artifacts proving humans made those claims as well.

What I doubt is the super natural, and gods. If you want to claim somebody inspired the "Ark" story, well no shit, otherwise the story would not exist. But it is still a myth, and did not happen like the bible claims, much less the movie itself.

If a old box made in antiquity were proof of a god or the super natural then anything the Mayans built that we have found today are proof of their gods.

The Ark is a legend.
(April 30, 2019 at 1:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 30, 2019 at 12:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You got me. It could also be on Mars or Tattooween. 

Boru

I've been out nerded!
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 30, 2019 at 1:28 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(April 30, 2019 at 1:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Tatooine', not 'Tattooween' (which reads like a holiday for body art).

Boru

I've been out nerded!

Not sure how to process that...

Boru
(April 30, 2019 at 1:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 30, 2019 at 1:28 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I've been out nerded!

Not sure how to process that...

Boru

I was going to correct the spelling of "Tatooine", being the Star Wars nerd that I am, but you beat me to it.

You big nerd, you!

"I grow tired of asking, so this will be the last time, where is the rebel base?"
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell. LastPoet 39 3449 May 2, 2020 at 3:17 am
Last Post: Violet
  this may be it! Drich 64 4839 April 24, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: no one
  Say Farewell To An American Icon Minimalist 33 2063 October 16, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Schwa
  Atheism may be contributing to my social isolation Alexmahone 10 1596 March 17, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  May I be the first to wish you a safe and happy... Gawdzilla Sama 0 519 January 1, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Trump, Teresa May and Nigel Farage caught fire... Cyberman 7 2944 August 19, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  [split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Jesster 229 28248 July 17, 2017 at 2:22 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Rhondazvous 48 17647 July 16, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  "I may be fat, but I beat my eating disorder" Napoléon 225 32685 February 18, 2016 at 3:03 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  I wish I may, I wish I might. IATIA 28 3927 July 4, 2015 at 3:37 am
Last Post: Mothonis