Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niki Lauda has died
Niki Lauda has died
Three time Formula 1 driving champion Niki Lauda passed away yesterday. He was 70.

[Image: op8kkdc0pkp11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a...c109efc75d]
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: Niki Lauda has died
Some G's you can pull on an F1. I have lost a bit of interest in F1 racing recently (its not indie, with a round track) but because it seems that combustion engines are reaching their max. But it does give momentum to better engeneering.

I heard on the radio, it was sequels from the horribad accident he had in IIRC '74?

Also, electric engines, can provide higher torque than combustion and more efficiency, trouble is the obvious battery needed to feed one such engine and the gear engineering to avoid breaking of transmission.
RE: Niki Lauda has died
(May 21, 2019 at 8:37 am)LastPoet Wrote: I have lost a bit of interest in F1 racing recently (its not indie, with a round track) but because it seems that combustion engines are reaching their max.

The FIA neutered Formula 1 in the eighties and nineties. In the mid eighties a turbocharged 1.5 L formula 1 engine could produce 1400 HP in qualifying trim. In the early 2000's the 3 L V10's were turning in excess of 20,000 rpm's. All that is gone now along with ceramics, exotic metals, and traction control. Despite all that the cars are as fast as they have ever been, but I can only imagine what they would be capable of if the technology wasn't so restricted.

Quote:I heard on the radio, it was sequels from the horribad accident he had in IIRC '74?

Yea I guess breathing fire has long term effects too...
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]