Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Pyramids
Stupid Pyramids
I mean seriously, it's hard to think of a building constructed for a wrong-er purpose.

The Pharaohs wanted their grave goods protected, so they could use them in the afterlife.  So what did they do?  The buried them under mountains of stone that any grave robber could see from literally miles away (Egypt is very flat).  Might as well put up a big fucking sign reading, 'Lots Of Cool Stuff Here - Help Yourself!!'

Dimwits.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Stupid Pyramids
(June 10, 2019 at 3:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I mean seriously, it's hard to think of a building constructed for a wrong-er purpose.

The Pharaohs wanted their grave goods protected, so they could use them in the afterlife.  So what did they do?  The buried them under mountains of stone that any grave robber could see from literally miles away (Egypt is very flat).  Might as well put up a big fucking sign reading, 'Lots Of Cool Stuff Here - Help Yourself!!'

Dimwits.

Boru

Except there's no evidence the pyramids -apart from the step pyramid, I believe - were used as tombs.

There are no hieroglyphs in the Great Pyramid apart from some worker grafitti.

Perhaps they were extravagant distractions.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 10, 2019 at 3:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I mean seriously, it's hard to think of a building constructed for a wrong-er purpose.

Dimwits.

Boru

I can imagine King Tut waking up in the afterlife, looking around his bedroom and saying, "Whaaaat!? Some motherfucker took my shit!"
(June 10, 2019 at 4:23 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
Dimwits.
Boru
Except there's no evidence the pyramids -apart from the step pyramid, I believe - were used as tombs.
There are no hieroglyphs in the Great Pyramid apart from some worker grafitti.
Perhaps they were extravagant distractions.

Except there is that granite sarcophagus inside the Great Pyramid of Giza.

It would seem the internal chambers, passages, and air shafts of the great pyramids were too complex for the entire structure to be but a decoy.   In any case it seems gravimetric mapping of the great pyramid suggest there are quite an large amount of void spaces of complex shape still unopen inside the pyramids, and robotic drone exploration of what previously were assumed to be air shafts show they in fact dead end at what appear to be stone carved doors with bronze fittings.

So I think there are still a lot of things inside the great pyramids to be discovered that can shed more light on exactly how these pyramids were suppose to fit into old kingdom Egypt.

(June 10, 2019 at 4:27 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:

Dimwits.

Boru

I can imagine King Tut waking up in the afterlife, looking around his bedroom and saying, "Whaaaat!? Some motherfucker took my shit!"

Except King Tut is the only Egyptian pharaoh known to have enjoyed a tome that remained intact and unrobed to modern times and thus kept his shit for the longest.

Dimwits.

Boru

When your power over people is such that you can make them pile stones higher than the highest building that will be built by anyone in the world for the next 4000 years,   you don't worry that you might suffer from susceptibility to such mundane things of tiny mortal people like dying, much less being robbed after your are dead.
Most of the looting done in the Valley of the Kings was done by the next generations of rulers.
[Image: 335hq0.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I'd like to meet his hair undresser.

Dimwits.

Boru

Electromagnetic properties of the Great Pyramid: First multipole resonances and energy concentration

Quote:It is revealed that the Pyramid's chambers can collect and concentrate electromagnetic energy for the both surrounding conditions. In the case of the Pyramid on the substrate, at the shorter wavelengths, the electromagnetic energy accumulates in the chambers providing local spectral maxima for electric and magnetic fields. It is shown that basically the Pyramid scatters the electromagnetic waves and focuses them into the substrate region.
(June 10, 2019 at 4:27 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: I can imagine King Tut waking up in the afterlife, looking around his bedroom and saying, "Whaaaat!? Some motherfucker took my shit!"

Great premise for a new Mummy movie Smile
(June 11, 2019 at 3:31 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:
Quote:It is revealed that the Pyramid's chambers can collect and concentrate electromagnetic energy for the both surrounding conditions. In the case of the Pyramid on the substrate, at the shorter wavelengths, the electromagnetic energy accumulates in the chambers providing local spectral maxima for electric and magnetic fields. It is shown that basically the Pyramid scatters the electromagnetic waves and focuses them into the substrate region.

Uhem.   Scatter is the opposite of focus.

Got any more sciency woo?

less bible, more science education, makes you not only less likely to fall for the jesus salvation con, but also less likely to fall for very crude pseudoscience bullshit like this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Many Pyramids Does One Man Need? Minimalist 31 5028 April 14, 2017 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Philosophy & Evolution of Egyptian Pyramids Funcaldunkal 10 3561 March 31, 2015 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist