Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I am Here with My first Question
So I am Here with My first Question
Does Atheism has capability to accept other faiths ? I mean key to peace is acceptance ..
I am not talking about faiths like islam etc..Here I am talking about faiths like Buddhism, Jainism etc.

Note: I am not here to debate , I am here to discuss and learn from you guys.

Thanks
RE: So I am Here with My first Question
(June 12, 2019 at 6:13 am)hindu Wrote: Does Atheism has capability to accept other faiths ? I mean key to peace is acceptance ..
I am not talking about faiths like islam etc..Here I am talking about faiths like Buddhism, Jainism etc.

Thanks

Atheism doesn't make that call.  Atheists, however, may or may not be individually accepting of other faiths.

Personally, I 'accept' other faiths in that I really don't care what other people believe - it's none of my business.  I find all faiths to be equally silly and I find faith itself to be a pretty problematic path to learning.  That being said, as long as you aren't using your faith as a justification to trample the rights of other people, you should feel free to believe whatever nonsense pops into your head.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 12, 2019 at 6:13 am)hindu Wrote: Does Atheism has capability to accept other faiths ? I mean key to peace is acceptance ..

Thanks

I can accept the people who believe other faiths, even if I don't accept the faith. Note that my acceptance is somewhat contingent on their ability to accept also. 

Question: Why is this thread in a "Game Discussion" forum?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
As long as those other faiths aren't hinged on a "theos", then sure. Otherwise we're playing semantics.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Definitely the wrong part of the forums.

Thanks

I am accepting of people. I don't care what they believe as long as they don't force their beliefs on others.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(June 12, 2019 at 6:13 am)hindu Wrote: Does Atheism has capability to accept other faiths ?

Atheism doesn't do anything. Atheists can accept the faiths of others.

Quote: I mean key to peace is acceptance ..

Atheists can do anything besides believe in gods. Atheism doesn't do anything ... it's merely a belief that no gods exist.
Atheism by itself is not a faith. It simply is the disbelief in gods. We can accept people of faith, but when those faiths try to dictate what others can and can't do, we have a problem.

Thanks

What's the difference between faiths like Islam and faiths like Buddhism or Jainism?
As long as you bring the Rasmalai, we'll be good.