Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I've Learned From Action Films
Things I've Learned From Action Films
-Doors, card tables, and silver cigarette cases are bullet proof.

-Any motor vehicle that falls off a cliff will invariably land on petrol cans.

-The damsel in distress (when there is one) is never more than a size 6.

-When firearms are involved, bad guys can't hit anything.  Good guys never miss.

-You can defeat ten bad guys armed with axes, machetes, and chained weapons, as long as you have your trusty spoon.

-No one really looks at passports.

-Yes, you can dodge the bullet after the gun is fired.

-If you're pinned down in a hail of gunfire, relax - the bad guy's gun will always jam.

-If you're ever sent to prison for a crime you didn't commit, the criminal who framed you will always be in the same prison.  Sometimes in the next cell.

-The daughter you thought was dead is alive and living under an assumed name in either Rio, Milan, or Toronto.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Things I've Learned From Action Films
ACTION FILM 11TH AMENDMENT:
Right at the last moment, a good friend will throw a knife at you, just missing you and kill the villain behind you instead who you thought was dead.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Any tv show --- any problem that requires a solution -- all solutions found in the first 45 minutes are wrong.

The correct solution will be found after the next to the last commercial break...
(July 12, 2019 at 9:42 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Any tv show --- any problem that requires a solution -- all solutions found in the first 45 minutes are wrong.

The correct solution will be found after the next to the last commercial break...

Is there a doctor in the House?
That there are good people.

That when something unjust is happening there will be someone (probably a man) who will jump in and fix the situation frequently risking his own comfort and even his own life is not such a big deal.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
How to look very, very cool walking away from an explosion. 

Any TV detective show the killer is the character who seems the least likely to have done the killing UNLESS there is a famous actor guest star there, in which case they did it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The password to access all of the brilliant evil-doer's secret files is easy to figure if you just relax and think about it for a minute.
Once the evil doer starts to verbally masturbate the end is close at hand.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
All aircraft are made out of highly volatile substances - as they will burst into flames every times they crash - even if the crash is due to running out of fuel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things You'll Never See In Films But Would Like To BrianSoddingBoru4 36 1911 November 25, 2020 at 11:56 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Horror Films And You BrianSoddingBoru4 32 2463 June 13, 2019 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  lets assume we learned the lessons of the Gabrielle Giffords shooting downbeatplumb 2 1091 May 29, 2011 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus