Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection]: sex and love
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: sex and love
(July 26, 2019 at 5:02 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Sex is better without gods sticking their noses into our business.

Considering it a sign of God is a reference to its importance in our lives.

(July 26, 2019 at 5:31 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I think ‘mercy’ is a safe word.

7:189 included this:

Quote:And when he covers her, she carries a light burden and continues therein

This is an explicit reference to sex.

(July 26, 2019 at 5:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can't recall anyone here saying that the Quran is anti-sex.  Provided that the sex takes place only between a man and a woman, in a union approved of by Allah, I'm sure the Quran is fine with it.

Anti-woman, sure.  Anti-gay people, definitely.  Anti-ham sandwiches, no possible doubt.  Anti-hundreds and hundreds of things that would make people happy if they weren't forbidden by some semi-literate, semi-savage, child molesting fanatic fourteen centuries ago, absolutely.

Boru

The tone of "Islam is anti-sex" can be seen very clearly in both the propaganda of some right-wing enthusiasts and in the religious code of some Muslim factions even; these Muslim factions have allergy to sex and they are one one of the reasons Islam is taken to be anti-women. Take the Wahhabi sect as an example, and the European far-right as another example.

Give the religion another chance; reports about child-molesting and being anti-women are either not true; or related to certain individuals.
(July 27, 2019 at 4:42 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(July 26, 2019 at 5:02 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Sex is better without gods sticking their noses into our business.

Considering it a sign of God is a reference to its importance in our lives.

My statement is blunt. Gods are bad at sex. How would we have copious Cunnilingus with an Abrahamic god interfering? Fellatio? Tossing the salad? You know, The good stuff!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 27, 2019 at 12:30 am)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(July 27, 2019 at 12:01 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Homosexuality is not unnatural

I agree with you here. But (just for the sake of argument), let's assume you might be wrong. Let's delve into the issue 

I mean, what if homosexuality IS unnatural? So what?

If we are going to ask this question, first we must ask ourselves what the word "unnatural" even means... and how something that happens in the natural world--like gay sex--can qualify as "unnatural."

And even if gay sex IS unnatural... does that make it immoral? Is that, like, a rule? "All unnatural things are immoral?"

I guess the rule would go something like: "If something is "unnatural" (whatever the fuck that means) it is therefore immoral."

So does that mean virtual reality is immoral? What about Pokemon? Fuck, I mean, what about science fiction novels?

I'm confused.

Males evolved to mate with women and vice versa; we can mark that by the pregnancy the female goes through after a sexual encounter with a male: in other words that's the function their bodies are designed to do; thus it is the natural thing to happen.

For the example; the eyes' natural function is to "see"; not to "hear".
The nose's natural function is to smell; not to "see".
So as the penis: it's natural function is to mate with a female vagina to produce children.
Haha, you said "unnatural mating." That's funny.
(July 27, 2019 at 1:46 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Quite interesting that Atlas likes to explain to us the supernatural (Allah) while he doesn't yet understand the natural ( homosexuality)!

If homosexuality is natural, then the mating would produce children.
I never saw a pregnant man.
(July 27, 2019 at 5:24 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(July 27, 2019 at 1:46 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Quite interesting that Atlas likes to explain to us the supernatural (Allah) while he doesn't yet understand the natural ( homosexuality)!

Define "natural".
(July 27, 2019 at 11:55 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(July 27, 2019 at 12:01 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Homosexuality is not unnatural

The anus, the theists nightmare. See how well the penis fits into a back passage, surely this is a sign that they were created for such a thing. In the male the Gspot is obtainable only via rear penetration so again.....

Say in the voice of Ray Comfort

And the road to the prostate is full of poop...

(July 27, 2019 at 5:29 pm)Grandizer Wrote:
(July 27, 2019 at 5:24 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: If homosexuality is natural, then the mating would produce children.

Define "natural".

I defined it in post 13:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-59445-p...pid1921879
(July 27, 2019 at 5:24 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:

According to your own argument, each time a woman does NOT get pregnant it's unnatural.
Also ca. 10-15% of animals are engaging in homosexual activity. So it's natural.
You should update your absurd and antiquated views and start to read other books.
Try again.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(July 27, 2019 at 4:42 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: [quote pid='1921731' dateline='1564174926']

(July 26, 2019 at 5:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can't recall anyone here saying that the Quran is anti-sex.  Provided that the sex takes place only between a man and a woman, in a union approved of by Allah, I'm sure the Quran is fine with it.

Anti-woman, sure.  Anti-gay people, definitely.  Anti-ham sandwiches, no possible doubt.  Anti-hundreds and hundreds of things that would make people happy if they weren't forbidden by some semi-literate, semi-savage, child molesting fanatic fourteen centuries ago, absolutely.

Boru

Quote:The tone of "Islam is anti-sex" can be seen very clearly in both the propaganda of some right-wing enthusiasts and in the religious code of some Muslim factions even; these Muslim factions have allergy to sex and they are one one of the reasons Islam is taken to be anti-women. Take the Wahhabi sect as an example, and the European far-right as another example.

Give the religion another chance; reports about child-molesting and being anti-women are either not true; or related to certain individuals.

[/quote]

But Islam is anti-sex, you said it yourself - sex is only sanctioned in a heterosexual marriage approved by the Quran.  All other forms of sex are forbidden.  Islam is anti-gay sex, sex between unmarried people, plural sex, and so on. Claiming that Islam is not anti-sex is sort of like claiming that Joe loves dogs, because he only poisons the ones that don't belong to him.

Sorry, Islam has had enough of a chance.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 27, 2019 at 5:22 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: So as the penis: it's natural function is to mate with a female vagina to produce children.

How do you pee?
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4250 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2764 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1408 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4074 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 2974 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2078 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1291 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4195 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 4454 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11488 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda