Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Family
The Family
Some of you may have read the book "The Family" by Jesse Moss.  Now there is a documentary about the same subject that he collaborated with film maker Jeff Sharlet on.  Here is a clip of them in an interview with Christiane Amanpour on Amanpour and Company:

https://www.thirteen.org/programs/amanpo...ly-yngksh/
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: The Family
Is this like the one starring Chuck Manson?

Wink
Ah, I just made a thread about the docuseries in the Media section of the forum. Someone care to alert a moderator? I don't know who any are off the top of my head.

The docuseries was fucked. It is absolutely insane the reach these people have in DC. I still have a hard time deciphering whether or not they believe in the whole Jesus bit or if it's just a ruse.

(August 14, 2019 at 5:27 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Is this like the one starring Chuck Manson?

Wink

Arguably much more insidious.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
I don't watch documentaries; they bore the crap out of me.

This show, also titled The Family, I bet was more entertaining.

Read
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellow...anization)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2245 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  So the Trump family is allowed to joke about hurting journalists NuclearEnergy 1 726 July 8, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  So Trump can insult a Gold Star family, brag about rape, brag about molesting kids NuclearEnergy 23 4713 May 7, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Khizr Khan (Gold Star Family) Told that his Travel Privileges are "under review." SteelCurtain 6 1466 March 7, 2017 at 4:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How to deal with discussing hot button issues with a family member GoHalos1993 11 1625 June 13, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Turd Didn't Fall Far From The Asshole In Trump's Family Minimalist 0 1529 March 30, 2016 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Black Guerilla Family simplemoss 145 17081 December 30, 2014 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  I'll Bet Its A Family "Tradition" Minimalist 19 3299 November 5, 2013 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Is a family a drawback for the parents career? Something completely different 6 1551 March 12, 2013 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Family values Republican busted for beating wife TaraJo 6 3698 November 27, 2012 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris