Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleted Facebook account for good. I prefer these types of forum anyway.
Deleted Facebook account for good. I prefer these types of forum anyway.
I haven't been on a forum like this in years—since the old iidb days.

Deconversion stories are boring but here's mine:

I was raised in Wisconsin Synod Lutheranism. One day I realized that I didn't believe anymore and probably never really did believe. At one time in my life I had an impromptu public debate with a street preacher and two seminary students. A crowd gathered and when it ended I received an applause.

I'm a former semi-professional musician. I was one of those lickety-split 80s guitar players, though I never really liked hair metal and I was more into Hendrix than Van Halen.

I briefly co-hosted a radio show in Tampa, FL. I did six episodes. I was offered my own Saturday morning show by the station but I had to turn it down because it was a 70 mile drive to get there and I was working for free (typical when you first start out in radio).

I smoke cigars, though I'm in the middle of a 2-3 month break in smoking because of an upcoming surgery.

I was in an open marriage. My marriage ended for reasons completely unrelated to the openness of it and the reasons were 100% my fault. She was wonderful; I was a lying asshole. I'm much better now.

I'm a former and future certified fitness trainer. There are a few things that have to happen first—not the least of which is losing about 30lbs of belly blubber (I've already lost 50lbs).

Not sure what else to say other than "howdy" (and, being from a small town in the Deep South, I'm not being facetious).
RE: Deleted Facebook account for good. I prefer these types of forum anyway.
We accept musicians here, but only if they behave.
Welcome to the Forum.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome Woof.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I once tried to talk my wife into an open marriage.  I explained that if she didn't object to me sleeping with other women, I wouldn't object to her sleeping with other women.

Didn't take.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome aboard from another (former) bay area resident, other side of the Gandy though, Pasadena.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The deep south? Like hell?
Naw man....

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome.

For the right price you can have a moderator in your pocket. Just watch the admins, they demand sexual favours...

And I agree that forums are better than FB.
Dying to live, living to die.
I let my wife admin my facebook page. I don't use it personally. Welcome

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm terrible at these... Epiphany 27 3742 July 19, 2017 at 1:11 am
Last Post: Epiphany
  I don't know what I am but hi anyway taxis 20 2398 August 21, 2015 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  ARRRGH! I need some Facebook Detox! DaveOfThisWorld 33 3097 April 14, 2015 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Is my account activated? babyjesus 18 3371 October 3, 2014 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Heart Forgot to do one of these :) TheGamingAtheist 42 4986 July 11, 2014 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Good Morning! (...well, it's morning here anyway) Lewligan 13 2501 June 11, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night! Kirbmarc 16 5500 October 29, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Brick Hello, new to these forums Veracity 11 4437 August 2, 2011 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Glad to find these forums everythingafter 13 4276 August 17, 2010 at 8:25 am
Last Post: fr0d0