Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Time to embrace Islam!
Time to embrace Islam!
I've been listening lately to famous non religious figures (Dawkins, Hitchens, etc.) in popular youtube videos presenting Islam as just another fake religion out there, that all Muslims should move on and leave their nonsensical faith etc etc.

What is surprising though is this : Dawkins for example never read the Qur'an as he admitted years ago in one of his tweets, Hitchens really isn't the best example of an objective critic of religion, since everything with the word God is evil for the guy. Also in one of his articles he mentions the satanic verses incident as evidence that islam's holy book just as fabricated as the Bible and other sacred texts, even though the incident's occurence was largely disproved by professional Muslim theologians such as al-Albani, who wrote a whole book for this matter.

How can Hitchens or anyone completely ignorant of Islamic theology present such lies to the general public, and assumes that every other religion is just as nonsensical as the one he used to believe in ? How can they speak with a confident tone about a religion they don't understand at all ?

My point is that Islam really is misunderstood and non muslims generally don't make any effort to look up deeper, and not give in to what popular opinion says about it.

And as to why one should embrace Islam or at least consider it seriously, the reason is this : the core belief makes much more sense than its christian counterpart, no Trinity and no God dying for anybody's sins or any obvious logical impossibility, also proving the Qur'an authenticity is a much simpler case since the original text is preserved unlike the Old and New testament.

Another reason is that famous objections to faith such as the problem of evil are resolved in a satisfactory way within Islam. Christianity teaches that God is all loving, this attribute, which is apparently desirable, obviously contradicts the fact that some people - whom the christian God loves - will spend eternity in helll. Islam says that love is earned, that one who claims to love God should really follow his path, and therefore anyone who consciously and willingly rejects his message -knowing its true- doesn't deserve to be loved by his creator.

I hope the points mentioned will at least make you reconsider what you think you know about Islam
RE: Time to embrace Islam!
Nukes.
It’s an Abrahamic religion (bad enough) spread by the sword.

I have no intention of embracing it.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 29, 2019 at 4:04 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It’s an Abrahamic religion (bad enough) spread by the sword.

I have no intention of embracing it.

And why is Abrahamic bad ?

And you consider it bad compared to what exactly ?
(November 29, 2019 at 3:49 pm)Klorophyll Wrote: I've been listening lately to famous non religious figures (Dawkins, Hitchens, etc.) in popular youtube videos presenting Islam as just another fake religion out there, that all Muslims should move on and leave their nonsensical faith etc etc.

What is surprising though is this : Dawkins for example never read the Qur'an as he admitted years ago in one of his tweets, Hitchens really isn't the best example of an objective critic of religion, since everything with the word God is evil for the guy. Also in one of his articles he mentions the satanic verses incident as evidence that islam's holy book just as fabricated as the Bible and other sacred texts, even though the incident's occurence was largely disproved by professional Muslim theologians such as al-Albani, who wrote a whole book for this matter.

How can Hitchens or anyone completely ignorant of Islamic theology present such lies to the general public, and assumes that every other religion is just as nonsensical as the one he used to believe in ? How can they speak with a confident tone about a religion they don't understand at all ?

My point is that Islam really is misunderstood and non muslims generally don't make any effort to look up deeper, and not give in to what popular opinion says about it.

And as to why one should embrace Islam or at least consider it seriously, the reason is this : the core belief makes much more sense than its christian counterpart, no Trinity and no God dying for anybody's sins or any obvious logical impossibility, also proving the Qur'an authenticity is a much simpler case since the original text is preserved unlike the Old and New testament.

Another reason is that famous objections to faith such as the problem of evil are resolved in a satisfactory way within Islam. Christianity teaches that God is all loving, this attribute, which is apparently desirable, obviously contradicts the fact that some people - whom the christian God loves - will spend eternity in helll. Islam says that love is earned, that one who claims to love God should really follow his path, and therefore anyone who consciously and willingly rejects his message -knowing its true- doesn't deserve to be loved by his creator.

I hope the points mentioned will at least make you reconsider what you think you know about Islam

Moar dragons in that story. I am afraid that there might non sunni or shia muslims to stand up. You are speskng to heathens you know. Are you on the wrong forum?
(November 29, 2019 at 4:32 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Moar dragons in that story. I am afraid that there might non sunni or shia muslims to stand up. You are speskng to heathens you know. Are you on the wrong forum?

The points I made are not a story, I just quoted overconfident ignorants, who are considered exemplary intellectuals by people who agree with them, making statements about Islam. Also, I suppose you were a christian and left faith because of its internal inconsistencies or such. My subject is to let you know that not all religions are like that.

So no, I am not on the wrong forum.
I've been aware of these points you made by many other Muslims I've encountered in the past, including Muslim relatives. It's just as sketchy as almost any other religion. Arguing for a non-Trinitarian God, or telling me that you believe the texts have been well preserved, doesn't prove that Islam is true. It's just a couple of statements that Muslims hold to.

And I'm not interested in numerology or perverse reinterpretations of Qur'anic verse to reflect modern scientific findings. So hopefully you're not one of those apologists who harp on about any of that.
say some dude I don’t know from Adam tries to sell me some unicorn poop. I look at it and say looks like a rock. He responds but it’s the best most special and prettiest unicorn poop ever. I’ll still want proof unicorns actually exist before I consider buying some unicorn poop. He points to the poop and says there is the proof right there! How could there be unicorn poop if there are no unicorns? Now give me 11 drakspas and take the unicorn poop! See where I am going with this? I don’t need to touch the guys rock and feel it and study it cause no matter how intimately I get to know it I ain’t buying it till I see a flippin unicorn and no amount of rocks you show me insisting they are unicorn poop is going to change my mind. Want me to buy your unicorn poop? First you gotta show me a unicorn then we can discuss the merits of its poop...
Not as bad is still bad.
Nope. You pay a bit more attention to what you worship.

[Image: 0*d5q7dmHgAITSrJQb.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7729 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5420 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33617 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet