Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The code that is DNA
RE: The code that is DNA
(December 31, 2019 at 9:14 pm)Yukon_Jack Wrote: The greater point is that you haven’t observed or have the proof of one species turning into another completely different kind of creature.
One w new novel features or body plans, ever

So this means that change from Australopithecus to Homo Sapiens is a microevolution because there is no novel features or body plans between those two.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Bolga
What Has been observed in a lab of one species turning into another completely different kind of creature.?
What new body plans were observed?
I repeat this because of lack of direct answer.
What you may be referring to is micro evolution, minor changes and adaptations already encoded in the genome
(January 1, 2020 at 11:47 am)Yukon_Jack Wrote: Bolga
What Has been observed in a lab of one species turning into another completely different kind of creature.?
What new body plans were observed?
I repeat this because of lack of direct answer.
What you may be referring to is micro evolution, minor changes and adaptations already encoded in the genome

What is a completely different kind of creature? Chimps and humans are only 10% different and yet you could say they are different kind of creatures.

But let's say you mean like from a pig to a dolphin which takes somewhat bigger leap since creatures also change living conditions.
While that kind of change happened it would be hard to do it in laboratory since it takes time for animals to mature for copulation and a lot of money.
Maybe there will be some experiment like that in the future, but, till then, we'll have to rely on other evidence it happened, like fossils and genes. Not everything has to be observed in laboratory to be considered true. For instance, nobody ever observed a star from birth till supernova and yet there's other evidence it happens.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Whale evolution is well documented.

A land based animal that adapts and now lives in the ocean.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
As for evolution itself, deep time gradualism is Darwin’s theory. Even paleontologists are quite aware of problems w abrupt appearance of new species , like new body plans coming on relatively suddenly as evidenced in the Cambrian explosion.or to put it another way, in the fossil record, this forced Gould to propose punctuated equilibrium, so you can make it up as you go along
This is 80 pages of banging into a brick wall.

I don't think we're getting through.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
Enjoy.

Now that we're done with that, lets move on to your next misapprehension. Deep time gradualism, whatever the fuck that is, was not Darwins theory. Darwins theory was natural selection. He didn't know how much time it would take, he didn't even know the mechanism that would accomplish it. He did explain his theory by reference to a very popular hobby with his audience. Selective breeding. That doesn't take much time at all.

What he posited...was that because whatever this hereditary process was did demonstrably work...it could be the case that environmental pressures are as effective as human agents in leveraging them. Turns out he was right. This portion of modern synth is no longer a hypothesis, or even a theory. It's a fact. Natural selection happens.

Yet another example of how creationism is stuck arguing with a dead man rather than the unifying theory of biology. GL with that nonsense.

80 pages won't even get these two knuckleheads a participation trophy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 1, 2020 at 12:24 pm)Yukon_Jack Wrote: As for evolution itself, deep time gradualism is Darwin’s theory. Even paleontologists are quite aware of problems w abrupt appearance of new species , like new body plans coming on relatively suddenly as evidenced in the Cambrian explosion.or to put it another way, in the fossil record,  this forced Gould to propose punctuated equilibrium, so you can make it up as you go along

You do realise that the "relatively suddenly" you are referring to is still a large amount of time. between 13 and 25 million years.

And until you actually come up with an alternative that holds up to scrutiny evolution is the only game in town.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 1, 2020 at 12:37 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: This is 80 pages of banging into a brick wall.

Thick as disseldorf's mustard.
(January 1, 2020 at 12:37 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: This is 80 pages of banging into a brick wall.

Right back at ya

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2716 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are humans half aliens? Human DNA question Signa92 14 1888 December 30, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Rahn127
Brick Atheist moral code Void 45 15535 March 24, 2015 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: I Am Not A Human Being