Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trouble with Islam Today
The Trouble with Islam Today
The Trouble with Islam Today-Irshad Manji

I truly believe that because the general public have become educated with respects to Islam, after all people can read, this religion is on a down word spiral in combination with all of the peripheral violence.associated with the religion of peace. But if you are interested in the atomic bomb of constructive knowledge, reading "The Trouble with Islam Today" by Irshad Manji is a must read. Ms. Manji was a refugee from Uganda,a devote Muslim and openly homosexual. She is considered a top Islamic scholar. I cannot detail every fact from her book, but a few important facts did emerge from the book that is worth mentioning. Did you know that while the Ottoman Empire controlled the areas now known as Israel, Jewish business men purchased large swaths of land from the Ottomans receiving a deed with a proper metes and bounds description? Regretfully undeveloped until some years later. Further, it was not Israel who forced the Palestinians to leave during the 1948 civil war, their neighbouring Arab friends all encouraged them to leave assuring the Palestinians that the civil war would be shortly crushed. The book goes and on with detailed facts debunking Islam and its tenants. This is not a Muslim bashing book, but a well organised book constructively written. A must read!
RE: The Trouble with Islam Today
The problem with Islam is the same problem as all other religions.

You surrender your free thinking to a slew of woo for the promise of a better life after you die.

It rates right up there with "your check is in the mail" and "I won't come in your mouth".

Believe it at your own risk.
The trouble with Islam today is that some of its adherents are under the delusion that I care in any way about this very peculiar Live Ammunition Role-Playing game.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Islam today that it’s extinction won’t cure.
The main problem with Islam, as distinct from other religions, is that polygamy is allowed and practiced, through the ages, by it's leaders. This leads to those leaders projecting their thoughts/deeds of polygamy onto their wives. Because of internal fertilisation, the thought that their wives could well be "sleeping around" too is unbearable, so they bring about laws which make their wives cheating less likely (eg - FGM, burqas, chastity belts (there's a huge market for them in Saudi Arabia, for those that didn't know), not walking around unaccompanied, not being allowed to drive, not being allowed to leave the country without permission etc etc etc).
Honestly, IDK that hating on the hoors is, in any way, a unique problem to islam. The problem with islam, is the same problem as any other theistic tradition, and even more specifically the same problem as any other abrahamic theistic tradition. It is materially false, and by that false pretense, encourages the worst aspects of human behavior.

That may be hating on the hoors today, but it hasn't always been, and it would be something else tomorrow if they gave that up. "Those who can make you believe absurdities"...and all that jazz.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Mo was alive today... Fake Messiah 8 634 July 21, 2022 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7732 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today... ReptilianPeon 31 9178 February 25, 2016 at 7:03 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5421 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  How would today's Jihadis execute Muhammad ? vorlon13 7 2421 July 25, 2014 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Endo
  Was the original quran not the same as the quran today Mentios 13 6092 November 17, 2013 at 4:20 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Seen Today at Local Pool festive1 78 17530 August 16, 2013 at 11:48 am
Last Post: gall
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33618 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet