Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection]: Hell and the ultimate fate of the universe
[Quranic Reflection]: Hell and the ultimate fate of the universe
One of the fates for the end of the universe is "The Big Crunch".
It is a possibility that been stated as "a possibility" alongside 3 other main possibilities:

Quote:Science has outlined four ways that our universe could meet its doom. They're called the Big Freeze, the Big Crunch, the Big Change and the Big Rip

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150602-...iverse-end

I personally believe -based on my understanding of the Quran- that the "Big Crunch" is the way the universe would end; based on this Quranic verse:

Quote:Sura 7, The Quran:
https://quran.ksu.edu.sa/index.php?l=en#...rans=en_sh

( 40 )   Indeed, those who deny Our verses and are arrogant toward them - the gates of Heaven will not be opened for them, nor will they enter Paradise until the camel enters into the eye of a needle. And thus do We recompense the criminals.

In the "Big Crunch", this scenario would happen:

Quote:BBC article linked above:

But if there's too much stuff, the expansion of the universe will slow down and stop. Then the universe will begin to contract. A contracting universe will shrink smaller and smaller, getting hotter and denser, eventually ending in a fabulously compact inferno, a sort of reverse Big Bang known as the Big Crunch.

I believe this inferno -that would go on for millions of millions of years- is "hell", and the contracting dense universe is perfectly described as "a camel entering the eye of a needle".
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: Hell and the ultimate fate of the universe
(January 30, 2020 at 10:37 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: One of the fates for the end of the universe is "The Big Crunch".
It is a possibility that been stated as "a possibility" alongside 3 other main possibilities:

Quote:Science has outlined four ways that our universe could meet its doom. They're called the Big Freeze, the Big Crunch, the Big Change and the Big Rip

I personally believe -based on my understanding of the Quran- that the "Big Crunch" is the way the universe would end; based on this Quranic verse:

( 40 )   Indeed, those who deny Our verses and are arrogant toward them - the gates of Heaven will not be opened for them, nor will they enter Paradise until the camel enters into the eye of a needle. And thus do We recompense the criminals.

But if there's too much stuff, the expansion of the universe will slow down and stop. Then the universe will begin to contract. A contracting universe will shrink smaller and smaller, getting hotter and denser, eventually ending in a fabulously compact inferno, a sort of reverse Big Bang known as the Big Crunch.

I believe this inferno -that would go on to millions of millions of years- is "hell", and the contracting dense universe is perfectly described as "a camel entering the eye of a needle".
OK, sure, get back to us after it happens.  Hehe
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
You missed one - The Big Dump...

I personally subscribe to this theory - as on a micro level - I have personally observed so many things turn to shit....

Levitate
So, according to the Quran its going to be the big crunch?
What if the Quran is wrong?
Or is the Quran going to be correct again* when we figure out its going to be the big rip?
What if its a scenario you can possibly NOT rationalize into your magic book?  Huh

*after you re-rationalized again, of course Hehe

a camel fitting into a needle being a code word for the big crunch  Hehe
Imho its a code for being fucking gullible.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
So where would the extra mass come from and how is the accelerating expansion due to dark energy dealt with?
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(January 31, 2020 at 5:56 am)Mr Greene Wrote: So where would the extra mass come from and how is the accelerating expansion due to dark energy dealt with?

Only 4% of the universe is discovered.
(January 31, 2020 at 6:03 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(January 31, 2020 at 5:56 am)Mr Greene Wrote: So where would the extra mass come from and how is the accelerating expansion due to dark energy dealt with?

Only 4% of the universe is discovered.

What does 4% of infinity look like?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Can we move these threads to The Sty?
(January 30, 2020 at 10:37 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: One of the fates for the end of the universe is "The Big Crunch".

I believe this inferno -that would go on for millions of millions of years- is "hell", and the contracting dense universe is perfectly described as "a camel entering the eye of a needle".

The Koran IS NOT a science textbook. It is an old book of mythology, just like the Bible , Jewish OT and Hindu Bagavad Gita..

NOBODY, absolutely NOBODY in antiquity had any lick of modern scientific knowledge. 

I can't begin to count how many times since 2001 online how many Christians, Jews, Buddhists and even once a Hindu, who argued their holy writings match science. 

SCIENTIFIC METHOD, is not a religion, it is a neutral tool. It is not there to prop up any holy writing of any religion.
(January 31, 2020 at 9:09 am)Brian37 Wrote:

The Koran IS NOT a science textbook. It is an old book of mythology, just like the Bible , Jewish OT and Hindu Bagavad Gita..

NOBODY, absolutely NOBODY in antiquity had any lick of modern scientific knowledge. 

I can't begin to count how many times since 2001 online how many Christians, Jews, Buddhists and even once a Hindu, who argued their holy writings match science. 

SCIENTIFIC METHOD, is not a religion, it is a neutral tool. It is not there to prop up any holy writing of any religion.

It's perfectly possible for 'holy writings' to match science.  However, these instances are pretty trite, not predicative, and the matches are either coincidence or based on simple observation. As an example (there are plenty of others) Ecclesiastes 11:3 states that 'if the clouds are full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth.' Even without knowledge of meteorology, this pretty obviously matches what science says.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4253 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2764 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1409 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4074 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 2976 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2078 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1292 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4196 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 4461 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford
  The Origins of the Universe king krish 62 4631 March 23, 2022 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate