Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Video against Global Warming Denial
My Video against Global Warming Denial
Hey, guys!
What do you think about my video against global warming denial?
I think that the conspiracy theories such as that the temperature records have been faked are about as ridiculous as the Moon landing conspiracy theories, and that they do an incredibly good job at making climate alarmists hold their irrational beliefs even more strongly (the opposite of what people who support the global cooling conspiracy theories intend).
RE: My Video against Global Warming Denial
Bloody boring.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 9, 2020 at 6:33 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Bloody boring.

Boru

Yeah, attempting to have a reasonable discussion is boring. It's much more interesting to listen to conspiracy theorists.
(March 9, 2020 at 7:39 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(March 9, 2020 at 6:33 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Bloody boring.

Boru

Yeah, attempting to have a reasonable discussion is boring. It's much more interesting to listen to conspiracy theorists.

The subject is anything but boring.  But watching you sit in a chair and recite what informed people already know is about as attention-grabbing as dry toast.

It isn't the message (which is important) or the urgency (even more so). It's your delivery.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 9, 2020 at 7:51 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 9, 2020 at 7:39 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: Yeah, attempting to have a reasonable discussion is boring. It's much more interesting to listen to conspiracy theorists.

The subject is anything but boring.  But watching you sit in a chair and recite what informed people already know is about as attention-grabbing as dry toast.

It isn't the message (which is important) or the urgency (even more so). It's your delivery.

Boru

First, some people watching my video may actually be uninformed about the things I say in that video. Second, not every message needs to reveal something new, it can just be explaining things from a different perspective. Did you become an atheist because somebody revealed something new to you, or because somebody analyzed things differently, in a way that makes atheism look more likely?
(March 9, 2020 at 8:07 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(March 9, 2020 at 7:51 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The subject is anything but boring.  But watching you sit in a chair and recite what informed people already know is about as attention-grabbing as dry toast.

Boru

First, some people watching my video may actually be uninformed about the things I say in that video. Second, not every message needs to reveal something new, it can just be explaining things from a different perspective. Did you become an atheist because somebody revealed something new to you, or because somebody analyzed things differently, in a way that makes atheism look more likely?

But your delivery is boring.  I don't imagine that enough people are going to be glued to the video by your charisma to take in what you say.

Taking a different perspective is all well and good, but jaysus - get a few charts and graphs.  Speak in something other than a monotone.  If you're passionate about your subject, then show it.

I never 'became' an atheist.

Why on earth did you ask what people think of your video if you can't take some criticism?  What you have to say is important, there's no denying that, and I wish more people had your point of view.  But your video isn't going to help anyone but insomniacs.

Boru
(March 9, 2020 at 8:20 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 9, 2020 at 8:07 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: First, some people watching my video may actually be uninformed about the things I say in that video. Second, not every message needs to reveal something new, it can just be explaining things from a different perspective. Did you become an atheist because somebody revealed something new to you, or because somebody analyzed things differently, in a way that makes atheism look more likely?

But your delivery is boring.  I don't imagine that enough people are going to be glued to the video by your charisma to take in what you say.

Taking a different perspective is all well and good, but jaysus - get a few charts and graphs.  Speak in something other than a monotone.  If you're passionate about your subject, then show it.

Why on earth did you ask what people think of your video if you can't take some criticism?  What you have to say is important, there's no denying that, and I wish more people had your point of view.  But your video isn't going to help anyone but insomniacs.

Boru

And how exactly would you sound charismatic? Especially when speaking a foreign language such as English, and you don't have a lot of time to practice. My college isn't going well, and I don't know if I could have afforded the time to make this video even as it is.
(March 9, 2020 at 8:49 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(March 9, 2020 at 8:20 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: But your delivery is boring.  I don't imagine that enough people are going to be glued to the video by your charisma to take in what you say.

Boru

And how exactly would you sound charismatic? Especially when speaking a foreign language such as English, and you don't have a lot of time to practice. My college isn't going well, and I don't know if I could have afforded the time to make this video even as it is.

LOL, I'm not charismatic, which is one reason I don't make videos.

Let's leave it there.  You asked for peoples' opinions about your video and go all butthurt when you get them.  Nothing I can do to help you.

Boru
(March 9, 2020 at 8:55 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 9, 2020 at 8:49 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: And how exactly would you sound charismatic? Especially when speaking a foreign language such as English, and you don't have a lot of time to practice. My college isn't going well, and I don't know if I could have afforded the time to make this video even as it is.

LOL, I'm not charismatic, which is one reason I don't make videos.

Let's leave it there.  You asked for peoples' opinions about your video and go all butthurt when you get them.  Nothing I can do to help you.

Boru

So, you think what I'm doing is worse than nothing? I mean, what Tony Heller is doing is almost certainly worse than nothing, and it's important for people to realize that.
(March 9, 2020 at 9:20 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(March 9, 2020 at 8:55 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: LOL, I'm not charismatic, which is one reason I don't make videos.

Boru

So, you think what I'm doing is worse than nothing? I mean, what Tony Heller is doing is almost certainly worse than nothing, and it's important for people to realize that.

Oh, keep yer hair on, fer Chrissakes. 

Yes, what Heller is doing is bad. Very bad. My issue with your video isn’t what you’re doing, but how you’re presenting it. You’re a bright guy and you know your stuff. I just think your message would come across better with a better presentation. People will be better informed if the information is presented in an entertaining manner.

A word of advice for the next video you post here: if you don’t want criticism, don’t ask for it.

Boru