Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God
Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God
No reason, really. Believe whatever you like and be nice to other people.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God
Because you'll tend to say things like "Inshalla" and then do little or, indeed, fuck all yourself to help achieve ambitious objectives.
(March 27, 2020 at 2:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No reason, really. Believe whatever you like and be nice to other people.

Boru

No!
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 27, 2020 at 3:46 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 27, 2020 at 2:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No reason, really. Believe whatever you like and be nice to other people.

Boru

No!

I’m sorry.  

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Boru

When you believe, why do you need others to believe too? Why to go to atheist forums to tell others they should believe as you do? As to be nice, my dead granpa always taught my dumb ass that I can't please everybody. I tske that as wisdom from that old fart, now pretending to be a potato.
(March 27, 2020 at 4:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 27, 2020 at 3:46 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: No!

I’m sorry.  

Boru

Forgiven...

...for now.
Dying to live, living to die.
To put it another way, because:

[Image: thoughts_and_prayers-_7479452588.jpg?w=640&h=514]

Oh yeah, and 'cos there's ZERO evidence for the existence of ANY god. Boru, are you sure you "work here?"
We give theism a hell of a pass as though it were basic human courtesy. It isn't. It's conditioning.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I don’t understand the objections. Is it that people shouldn’t believe what they like, or that people shouldn’t be nice to each other?

Boru
One of them necessarily contradicts the other.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 4130 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Quick Poll - Do you believe in God? Tiberius 1632 448077 May 13, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2248 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 7831 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 6960 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  "Why is it reasonable to believe in prisons, but not in the hell?" FlatAssembler 124 7515 February 19, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 12887 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6219 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3149 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Why do people believe that Beowulf is fiction? I_am_not_mafia 59 12902 June 6, 2018 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama