Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydroxychloroquine
RE: Hydroxychloroquine
I think the chief reason that Trump is pushing hydroxychloroquine so hard is that it’s the only six syllable word he can pronounce that doesn’t make his teeth fall out.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 11, 2020 at 5:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I think the chief reason that Trump is pushing hydroxychloroquine so hard is that it’s the only six syllable word he can pronounce that doesn’t make his teeth fall out.

Boru

Or this...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-tr...d10a696280

President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a  treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 11, 2020 at 5:51 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(April 11, 2020 at 5:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I think the chief reason that Trump is pushing hydroxychloroquine so hard is that it’s the only six syllable word he can pronounce that doesn’t make his teeth fall out.

Boru

Or this...

President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a  treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

Money, money, money,
Must be sunny,
In a rich man's world.
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 11, 2020 at 5:51 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

Boru

Or this...

Yeah, imma go out on a limb here and suggest that you’re right.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I was just reading a bunch of posts on Facebook by people who have decided that Trump is correct that antibiotics (specifically Azithromycin) can help cure Covid.

Suddenly, antibiotics can fight viruses. That's new.

I understand that the potential resulting pneumonia would respond to antibiotic therapy but I have found that a Z-Pak is almost as useful as a bag of M&Ms. I refuse the offer of it and demand something else because if I don't I will be back to the doctor in two weeks sicker and in need of something that actually works.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 11, 2020 at 6:42 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I was just reading a bunch of posts on Facebook by people who have decided that Trump is correct that antibiotics (specifically Azithromycin) can help cure Covid.

Suddenly, antibiotics can fight viruses.  That's new.

I understand that the potential resulting pneumonia would respond to antibiotic therapy but I have found that a Z-Pak is almost as useful as a bag of M&Ms.  I refuse the offer of it and demand something else because if I don't I will be back to the doctor in two weeks sicker and in need of something that actually works.

If CORVID-19 gives you pneumonia, it’s most likely going to be viral. In that case, antibiotic therapy is going to do sod-all (if you develop bacterial pneumonia, it would make sense).

I never knew how many epidemiologists were on Facebook...

Boru
(April 11, 2020 at 7:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 11, 2020 at 6:42 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I was just reading a bunch of posts on Facebook by people who have decided that Trump is correct that antibiotics (specifically Azithromycin) can help cure Covid.

I understand that the potential resulting pneumonia would respond to antibiotic therapy but I have found that a Z-Pak is almost as useful as a bag of M&Ms.  I refuse the offer of it and demand something else because if I don't I will be back to the doctor in two weeks sicker and in need of something that actually works.

If CORVID-19 gives you pneumonia, it’s most likely going to be viral. In that case, antibiotic therapy is going to do sod-all (if you develop bacterial pneumonia, it would make sense).

Boru

What I've heard is that the pneumonia is a result of your own immune system going into overdrive and attacking your lungs.
Again nothing that antibiotics will fix.

Coronavirus: What it does to the body
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(April 11, 2020 at 7:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

Good point on the viral pneumonia...my bad...I have only had pneumonia in the past that was helped with antibiotics.  Should have thought that through better.

Yeah...not epidemiologists but Trumpophiles who will latch on to any and everything he says and believe it.  They will believe him over a doctor or scientist no matter what.

Have also seen the anti-vaxxers freaking the fuck out and even claiming the government is force everyone to be vaccinated.  The autism stories abound.

According to a new study it turns out hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have no identifiable benefits for Covid patients and actually show a higher mortality rate.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
Glad Trump pointed out hes not gonna be responsible for the consequences, particularly after he told people "take it, what do you have to lose? Take it!" Facepalm
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse