Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house?
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house?
I would love to spend time in a supposedly haunted place. Funny how the ghosts never want to come out when non-believers are present.

On the flip side, "fake" haunted houses are so much fun! Best part of Halloween season.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(April 13, 2020 at 4:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 13, 2020 at 4:22 pm)Brian37 Wrote: New Zoo Review 

Early onset dementia. Sad. So very, very sad.

Boru

How does using old motifs mean I am losing my mind?

The New Zoo Review was a real show. If you don't get the context of why I used the clip, argue that. But trust me, I am not suffering early onset dementia.
The few times I have seen one of those ghost hunter shows I am always amused by how they record sounds that are supposedly voices of ghosts.  It usually something like - grtumbloeinosmgnourenzleoe.  Then the people doing the ghost hunting say - did you hear that?  The spirit said that 'I am a soldier who was killed here'.  Let's play that again....grtumbloeinosmgnourenzleoe.  See, you can hear it right there....let's enhance the sound... grtumbloeinosmgnourenzleoe.  Yes, I heard it that time.  They repeat what they 'think' they heard until the audience who buys into such nonsense is completely on board.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Fun is a 16th Century German ghost who replies in flawless English. Levitate
The thought of Gods, devils, ghosts, demons, satan, all off that bullshit is absurd to me. It isn't that humans cant figure out right from wrong, and how not to hurt others, we can. What pisses me off worldwide about my fellow humans is that we cling to fantasy, superstition and mythology, not to bring a greater good to our fellow humans, but to make excuses for our own local tribes to to fight over resources all of humanity needs.

(April 13, 2020 at 4:45 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: The few times I have seen one of those ghost hunter shows I am always amused by how they record sounds that are supposedly voices of ghosts.  It usually something like - grtumbloeinosmgnourenzleoe.  Then the people doing the ghost hunting say - did you hear that?  The spirit said that 'I am a soldier who was killed here'.  Let's play that again....grtumbloeinosmgnourenzleoe.  See, you can hear it right there....let's enhance the sound... grtumbloeinosmgnourenzleoe.  Yes, I heard it that time.  They repeat what they 'think' they heard until the audience who buys into such nonsense is completely on board.

I once visited my half sister by adoption in my early 30s  to her house. She knew I loved beer, but gave me non alcoholic beer during our dinner. Her point was to get me to realize I did not need alcohol to have fun. 

Any fucking show that sells you the idea that ghosts or space aliens exist, are assholes. At least with me, when she tried to call me out, with her "near beer" I didn't deny it, but called her out on her fake.
(April 13, 2020 at 4:40 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 13, 2020 at 4:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Early onset dementia. Sad. So very, very sad.

Boru

The New Zoo Review was a real show. If you don't get the context of why I used the clip, argue that. But trust me, I am not suffering early onset dementia.

People with early onset dementia always say that.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 13, 2020 at 5:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote: The thought of Gods, devils, ghosts, demons, satan, all off that bullshit is absurd to me. It isn't that humans cant figure out right from wrong, and how not to hurt others, we can. What pisses me off worldwide about my fellow humans is that we cling to fantasy, superstition and mythology, not to bring a greater good to our fellow humans, but to make excuses for our own local tribes to to fight over resources all of humanity needs.

(April 13, 2020 at 4:45 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: The few times I have seen one of those ghost hunter shows I am always amused by how they record sounds that are supposedly voices of ghosts.  It usually something like - grtumbloeinosmgnourenzleoe.  Then the people doing the ghost hunting say - did you hear that?  The spirit said that 'I am a soldier who was killed here'.  Let's play that again....grtumbloeinosmgnourenzleoe.  See, you can hear it right there....let's enhance the sound... grtumbloeinosmgnourenzleoe.  Yes, I heard it that time.  They repeat what they 'think' they heard until the audience who buys into such nonsense is completely on board.

I once visited my half sister by adoption in my early 30s  to her house. She knew I loved beer, but gave me non alcoholic beer during our dinner. Her point was to get me to realize I did not need alcohol to have fun. 

Any fucking show that sells you the idea that ghosts or space aliens exist, are assholes. At least with me, when she tried to call me out, with her "near beer" I didn't deny it, but called her out on her fake.

Here’s a challenge for you, Brian - make a post that isn’t about you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 13, 2020 at 4:40 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 13, 2020 at 4:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Early onset dementia. Sad. So very, very sad.

Boru

Dat Emily Peden though Yikes she was hot!
Every hospital and nursing home I've worked in has a ghost story. A dead nurse that just couldn't retire, it was built on an Indian Burial Ground (OOOOOH!), spooks appearing in hospital gowns. Because of weather or sickness I have had to live there for as long as a week. Does that count as sleeping in a haunted house.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

The first house I bought was a suicide house, kid hung herself in the basement. Ex #2 ended up with it.

I might be missing some connection, but I don't think so.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demon Outside My House? Jade-Green Stone 23 2372 January 24, 2019 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I don't want to live in this country anymore. Jackalope 24 4620 February 15, 2014 at 6:45 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Sleep Paralysis thesummerqueen 39 16102 March 22, 2011 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: 8BitAtheist