Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Quote Game
RE: The Quote Game
(April 23, 2020 at 6:08 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 1:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It’s from ‘Philomena’ (dead easy when you put the answer in the question).

Television:

‘When I was a teenager, my idea of chemical stimulation was sucking on a fisherman’s friend!’

Boru

The Thin Blue Line?

Well done!!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 23, 2020 at 6:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 6:08 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: The Thin Blue Line?

Well done!!

Boru

Movie - 

I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 23, 2020 at 6:15 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 6:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well done!!

Boru

Movie - 

Bender, ‘The Breakfast Club’.

Film -

‘I regret trifling with married women. I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger ... and those I am about to.’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 23, 2020 at 6:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 6:15 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Movie - 

Bender, ‘The Breakfast Club’.

Film -

‘I regret trifling with married women. I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger ... and those I am about to.’

Boru

Cowboys

Movie

'You know I love you more than my luggage.'

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 23, 2020 at 6:31 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 6:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Bender, ‘The Breakfast Club’.

Film -

Boru

Cowboys

Movie

Too good to pass up.

Twoflower to Rincewind The Light Fantastic.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(April 23, 2020 at 6:33 pm)Nomad Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 6:31 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Cowboys

Movie

Too good to pass up.

Twoflower to Rincewind The Light Fantastic.

If that's your answer to my quote it's not correct.  Maybe I am misunderstanding.

(April 23, 2020 at 6:31 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 6:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Bender, ‘The Breakfast Club’.

Film -

Boru

Cowboys

Movie

Argh. I can see Olympia Dukakis sitting on the bench saying the line, but I’m blanking on the name of the film.

Boru
(April 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 6:31 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Cowboys

Movie

Argh. I can see Olympia Dukakis sitting on the bench saying the line, but I’m blanking on the name of the film.

Boru

So close and yet so far...it's one of my guilty pleasure movies.

(April 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(April 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Argh. I can see Olympia Dukakis sitting on the bench saying the line, but I’m blanking on the name of the film.

Boru

So close and yet so far...it's one of my guilty pleasure movies.

GOT IT!! ‘Steel Magnolias’.

Television - 

‘You don’t know the difference between the Battle of Borodino and a tiger’s bum!’.

Boru
(April 22, 2020 at 2:44 am)Brian37 Wrote: "Death is just nature's way of saying you're not alive anymore."

Some beg for obscure and I gave you this.  Please tell me I don't have to take you to court at night and hand you some bull. EXTRA CREDIT for anyone who can tell me the plot of that episode where that line came from.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's A Quote Foxaèr 977 58960 March 22, 2024 at 7:35 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Name that movie quote! Losty 0 780 August 29, 2016 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Change a word, ruin a quote Cyberman 71 9183 March 26, 2015 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Make a quotable quote here. Brian37 72 18122 November 1, 2012 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Faith No More