Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No first generation true atheist is possible!
No first generation true atheist is possible!
All of the first generation atheists without an exception have residual nagging believes – Freudian remnants of the psychological rapes their poor minds suffered when they were, as infants & teenagers, at the mercy of their brain-washed parents, society and the church! When in doubt, when in fear, and when in need of self preservation - they resort back to religious believes, incantations, and to mother church, synagogue, mosque or temple.
You're right when you talk about yourself, and you're wrong when you talk about others.
RE: No first generation true atheist is possible!
And you know this how exactly?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Evolution is 100% physical/matter/biological change. And believing in a religion is 100% social phenomenon.
You're right when you talk about yourself, and you're wrong when you talk about others.
So you're saying humanity is filled with imbeciles that can't deal with their own problems
(February 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm)Ashendant Wrote: So you're saying humanity is filled with imbeciles that can't deal with their own problems

that may be true, hmmmm Thinking
You need to brush up on the adage that says: "All generalizations are wrong....even this one."

Anyway, I'm a first generation atheist and I have no doubt that ALL religion is bullshit so your premise is wrong.
(February 18, 2011 at 3:14 pm)sun Wrote: All of the first generation atheists without an exception have residual nagging believes – Freudian remnants of the psychological rapes their poor minds suffered when they were, as infants & teenagers, at the mercy of their brain-washed parents, society and the church! When in doubt, when in fear, and when in need of self preservation - they resort back to religious believes, incantations, and to mother church, synagogue, mosque or temple.

1. Freud was wrong about almost everything, Psychoanalysis is DEBUNKED.

2. I know plenty of first generation atheists (as in their parents are theists) who don't have any residual beliefs, nagging or otherwise. Sure, some fga's will have this parental pressure on them and that [i]may[/] lead them to religious beliefs when under duress but that hardly makes it the case that they all have it.
Quote:All of the first generation atheists without an exception have residual nagging beliefs

That is certainly true for me,and it sounds intuitively true as a principle. However,I'm unaware of any evidence which allows such an inference. Be thrilled if you would share yours.
(February 18, 2011 at 8:08 pm)theVOID Wrote:
(February 18, 2011 at 3:14 pm)sun Wrote: All of the first generation atheists without an exception have residual nagging believes – Freudian remnants of the psychological rapes their poor minds suffered when they were, as infants & teenagers, at the mercy of their brain-washed parents, society and the church! When in doubt, when in fear, and when in need of self preservation - they resort back to religious believes, incantations, and to mother church, synagogue, mosque or temple.

1. Freud was wrong about almost everything, Psychoanalysis is DEBUNKED.

2. I know plenty of first generation atheists (as in their parents are theists) who don't have any residual beliefs, nagging or otherwise. Sure, some fga's will have this parental pressure on them and that [i]may[/] lead them to religious beliefs when under duress but that hardly makes it the case that they all have it.

1. Hooray! A voice of reason.(translation I agree)

I began doubting old Siggy about 25 years ago,specifically about the history of the development of his theory on female hysteria. In latter years I went looking for empirical evidence of his ego/id/super ego model of consciousness.I've been unable to find any,but of course it may well be out there. In my opinion, the notion of consciousness as a varying range of perception and awareness works just as well,is simpler and less cumbersome.

Most psychiatrists in Australia are still Freudians. I think they do lot of harm.However,I'm not dismissing psychiatric medicine entirely. Some medications are crucial. I would probably be dead without anti depressants. I also respond well to behaviourial therapy. My position is a bucket of insight and about $5 will get you a half decent cup of coffee. My harsh opinion of psychoanalysis is that it is bourgeois self indulgence.

2 Indeed; The Black Swan (?).
(February 18, 2011 at 6:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You need to brush up on the adage that says: "All generalizations are wrong....even this one."

Anyway, I'm a first generation atheist and I have no doubt that ALL religion is bullshit so your premise is wrong.

What about Murphy’s Law: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"
Most of the time we are not sure of ourselves, things happen and we cope with them as best as we can.
Murphy's law is false...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible girlfriend?? Manowar 30 4774 July 26, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Choosing to/not to Believe? Not Possible? JairCrawford 61 9590 July 1, 2018 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  If the Bible is false, why are its prophecies coming true? pgardner2358 3 1617 June 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  AronRa as blunt as possible. ignoramus 7 1741 April 12, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Amarok
  World's first robot citizen an atheist? Mystical 63 18644 February 3, 2018 at 1:40 am
Last Post: iameatingjam
  Sam Harris (an atheist) says that God is possible/inevitable ThoughtCurvature 12 2962 September 5, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  True Christian (TM) Answers Your Questions YahwehIsTheWay 43 8724 April 11, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Muslims are using this NASA video as proof that islam is true and that allah exists LetThereBeNoGod 10 3887 February 16, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
Wink 100% proof why atheism is True!!! Edward John 89 11698 November 10, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  If christianity were true [hypothetical] dyresand 27 3722 June 17, 2016 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Alex K