Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Jeopardy/Whoopi Goldberg and real life.
Of Jeopardy/Whoopi Goldberg and real life.
I wish I had a clip of Whoopi when she was on the show "Inside The Actor's Studio". To this day, I distinctly remember an audience member asking her if they could get to where she was at. Her response was the harsh truth, and even in evolution, it is true. There is a false assumption that the illusion of "the abundance of life" laypeople often forget the bigger amount of attempts at  life that fail. For every sperm and egg that make it to forming a new life, there are millions more that don't get there. Fame and wealth are much the same. Whoopi rightfully said to the questioner, "All of you are capable of being great actors, but most of you will not sit where I am sitting now." 

Ok, what does this have to do with Hemet Mehta? He basically says the same thing about his LUCK of being picked for the game show Jeopardy and says the same thing. There are far more people who try to get on the show, who don't even make it past the online test, and even for those who do, show up for the in person interview, even most of them don't get a call, and even for those who make it on the show, only one of the 3 win at the end of the night. 

RE: Of Jeopardy/Whoopi Goldberg and real life.
Use your Google machine and type in this complex code - Inside the Actor's Studio Whoopie Goldberg

The Interwebz finds stuff for you. It's like all magical and shit like that.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

RE: Of Jeopardy/Whoopi Goldberg and real life.
Holy shit, I just realized he is also describing Quantum Physics in laypersons terms. "Anything can happen". I am glad he admits he got lucky. And in life you can do all the right things and still fail. It isn't that you are giving up by stating the truth, and you don't wish ill on those who do win, it is just a statement of math and odds.

(April 23, 2020 at 11:33 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Use your Google machine and type in this complex code - Inside the Actor's Studio Whoopie Goldberg

The Interwebz finds stuff for you.  It's like all magical and shit like that.

HOW DARE YOU  suggest sane suggestions! I'll have you know I like shiny objects and chase balls of twine and laser pointers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tunnel Vision, looking for the real life location. Brian37 6 511 June 9, 2021 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Bill paying and automated vs real person on phone Brian37 36 1881 September 2, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Jeopardy categories where AF members are the answer Mr.Obvious 30 3005 March 29, 2019 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Real JFK NWO Speech... And the Definition of "Theory" ScienceAf 8 2251 August 17, 2016 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 9 2088 April 23, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Your self in real life vs on AF Catholic_Lady 94 12520 February 5, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Real life discussions never again Gilgamesh 20 5893 October 12, 2013 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Buy Quality Real And Fake Passports,Driver's License,ID Cards,Resident Permits johnferrez1 2 1198 August 8, 2013 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  If I were a troll in real life... Cego_Colher 14 4771 August 23, 2010 at 8:22 am
Last Post: leo-rcc