Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection]: dark energy and dark matter
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: dark energy and dark matter
(April 25, 2020 at 12:49 am)WinterHold Wrote: A strange verse in the Quran says:

Quote:Sura 17, The Quran:
https://quran.ksu.edu.sa/index.php?l=en#...rans=en_sh

( 12 )   And We have made the night and day two signs, and We erased the sign of the night and made the sign of the day visible that you may seek bounty from your Lord and may know the number of years and the account [of time]. And everything We have set out in detail.

This verse explicitly says that the night has hidden facts that were erased, or in other words "made invisible".

Science today did find out that the night does indeed carry invisible things, and it was called "dark energy" and "dark matter".

In my perspective, the cosmos -which is in constant night- carries lots of signs that are not visible; erased if I want to use the same language of the Quran.

That verse spoke about dark energy and matter.

That appears to be a (needlessly poetic) description of sunrise.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
Praise allah, another quranic miracle! Magic book said that day and night were separated by dark and light, so that we could count days and know the time!

How could they have known?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 25, 2020 at 4:22 am)WinterHold Wrote: Night does apply to space
Equivocation fallacy
Also, light permeates space. Photons permeate every bit of space in the known universe. Even if we granted that equivocation to you, there is no *unlit* space that could be compared to *night*

You are (again) desperately trying to rationalize a silly belief based on a book full of faleshoods and other nonsense....and if your god exists he is the most shitty teacher i have ever seen, and his writing sucks big time.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(April 25, 2020 at 12:49 am)WinterHold Wrote: A strange verse in the Quran says:

Quote:Sura 17, The Quran:
https://quran.ksu.edu.sa/index.php?l=en#...rans=en_sh

( 12 )   And We have made the night and day two signs, and We erased the sign of the night and made the sign of the day visible that you may seek bounty from your Lord and may know the number of years and the account [of time]. And everything We have set out in detail.

This verse explicitly says that the night has hidden facts that were erased, or in other words "made invisible".

Science today did find out that the night does indeed carry invisible things, and it was called "dark energy" and "dark matter".

In my perspective, the cosmos -which is in constant night- carries lots of signs that are not visible; erased if I want to use the same language of the Quran.

That verse spoke about dark energy and matter.

Actually, that's not what it speaks about at all.  The verse is about how to keep grain worms out of your cornfield, using a mixture of arsenic powder, narwhal droppings, and the spleen of a rabbit caught under a full moon.

Informed people know this.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 25, 2020 at 4:22 am)WinterHold Wrote:
(April 25, 2020 at 3:12 am)SUNGULA Wrote:
Space isn't the night and of course things are hidden in the dark 

No it's not .Night doesn't apply to space 

No it freaking doesn't 

Night does apply to space, and the witness is that it needs to be lightened by stars.
Playing around the meanings of well understood words will get you nowhere.
No it doesn't and this second statement  is gibberish 
And it ironically enough you who playing around with meanings not me .Night isn't simply darkness .

the part of every 24-hour period when it is dark because there is very little light from the sun:
Relates to planets and stars only not the general darkness of space 

the time from dusk to dawn when no sunlight is visible
Unless space has a dusk and dawn it does not apply .Oh wait those things relate to a planet orbiting a star not simply the darkness of space 

The period of darkness beginning at the end of evening  when the sun is 18 degrees below the horizon, and ending at the beginning of morning astronomical twilight
Again relates to planets orbiting stars 

Night or nighttime (sp. night-time or night time) is the period of ambient darkness from sunset to sunrise in each twenty-four hours,[1] when the Sun is below the horizon. The exact time when night begins and ends (equally true with evening) depends on the location and varies throughout the year.[2] When night is considered as a period that which follows evening, it is usually considered to start around 9 pm and to last to about 4 am.[3] Night ends with coming of morning at sunrise.[4]

Same here 

A visual representation of day and night 

[Image: day-and-night-cycle-diagram-vector-21408787.jpg]

[Image: dayandnight.gif]
If it's not  in this context then the terms have no meaning .The darkness of deep or interplanetary space is no more night then starlight traveling through it is daytime . 

(April 25, 2020 at 4:56 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(April 25, 2020 at 4:22 am)WinterHold Wrote: Night does apply to space
Equivocation fallacy
Also, light permeates space. Photons permeate every bit of space in the known universe. Even if we granted that equivocation to you, there is no *unlit* space that could be compared to *night*

You are (again) desperately trying to rationalize a silly belief based on a book full of faleshoods and other nonsense....and if your god exists he is the most shitty teacher i have ever seen, and his writing sucks big time.
Not to mention the fact night isn't just darkness it relates to the orbit of the earth around the sun or some other planet around some other star . The darkness of space is not the night  by any common definition .If we sent a space craft into deep space night and day would have no meaning as it only relates to stars and planets and their orbital relation .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(April 25, 2020 at 5:17 am)SUNGULA Wrote:
(April 25, 2020 at 4:22 am)WinterHold Wrote: Night does apply to space, and the witness is that it needs to be lightened by stars.
Playing around the meanings of well understood words will get you nowhere.
No it doesn't and this second statement  is gibberish 
And it ironically enough you who playing around with meanings not me .Night isn't simply darkness .

the part of every 24-hour period when it is dark because there is very little light from the sun:
Relates to planets and stars only not the general darkness of space 

the time from dusk to dawn when no sunlight is visible
Unless space has a dusk and dawn it does not apply .Oh wait those things relate to a planet orbiting a star not simply the darkness of space 

The period of darkness beginning at the end of evening  when the sun is 18 degrees below the horizon, and ending at the beginning of morning astronomical twilight
Again relates to planets orbiting stars 

Night or nighttime (sp. night-time or night time) is the period of ambient darkness from sunset to sunrise in each twenty-four hours,[1] when the Sun is below the horizon. The exact time when night begins and ends (equally true with evening) depends on the location and varies throughout the year.[2] When night is considered as a period that which follows evening, it is usually considered to start around 9 pm and to last to about 4 am.[3] Night ends with coming of morning at sunrise.[4]

Same here 

A visual representation of day and night 

[Image: day-and-night-cycle-diagram-vector-21408787.jpg]

[Image: dayandnight.gif]
If it's not  in this context then the terms have no meaning .The darkness of deep or interplanetary space is no more night then starlight traveling through it is daytime . 

(April 25, 2020 at 4:56 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Equivocation fallacy

Not to mention the fact night isn't just darkness it relates to the orbit of the earth around the sun or some other planet around some other star . The darkness of space is not the night  by any common definition .If we sent a space craft into deep space night and day would have no meaning as it only relates to stars and planets and their orbital relation .

Do you see what you're doing? you are playing around the word "night" to claim that "night" isn't "night".
Night is the period of the day with no sun. That's the known meaning.
Can I come to your mosque and teach evolution?
(April 25, 2020 at 9:09 am)WinterHold Wrote: Do you see what you're doing? You are playing around the word "night" to claim that "night" isn't "night".
Night is the period of the day with no sun. That's the known meaning.
Nope, nice try at projecting, no sale. We are not doing any word games. We are not claiming anything, but you are trying desperately to rationalize your silly belief, as demonstrated by you equivocating the words *night* and *space*. You were the one playing word games. You equated *night* with *space*. You prove that thats what the magic book really meant.

You arent the first and certainly not the last ignoramus trying to rationalize a silly belief in magic. Do you know how many idiots before you tried to make sense out of their magic books by pointing to facts about the world around us we figured out by methodical analysis of our environment and then claiming their magic book said exactly that?
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
The a posteriori prophets! Science trough hard work finds knowledge, then idiots come up with an obscure passage that with some mental gymnastics fit somehow what science has found.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4249 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2764 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1408 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4074 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 2974 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2078 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1291 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4194 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 4453 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11485 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda