Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Remember]:deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II
[Remember]:deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/07/asia/...index.html

History's deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II and you've probably never heard of it

Quote:As the flames closed in, Nihei found herself at a Tokyo crossroad, screaming for her father. A stranger wrapped himself around her to protect her from the flames. As more people piled into the intersection, she was pushed to the ground.
As
she drifted in and out of consciousness beneath the crush, she remembers hearing muffled voices above: "We are Japanese. We must live. We must live." Eventually, the voices became weaker. Until silence.
When Nihei was finally pulled out from the pile of people, she saw their bodies charred black. The stranger who had protected her was her father. After falling to the ground, they'd both been shielded from the fire by the charred corpses that were now at their ankles.

Quote:As many as 100,000 Japanese people were killed and another million injured, most of them civilians, when more than 300 American B-29 bombers dropped 1,500 tons of firebombs on the Japanese capital that night.

And then you come lecture me about human rights you fucking terrorists.

Quote:The inferno the bombs created reduced an area of 15.8 square miles to ash. And, by some estimates, a million people were left homeless.
The human toll that night exceeded that of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki later that year, where the initial blasts killed about 70,000 people and 46,000 people respectively, according to the US Department of Energy.

And when somebody reminds you of the filth your fathers did -and you kept as a legacy, doing the exact same-, you say they are "mentally ill".
And you wonder why Coronavirus hit you?

Covid-19 is just the start, hopefully. Cleaning the filth you built
RE: [Remember]:deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II
(May 14, 2020 at 7:53 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
Quote:...

And when somebody reminds you of the filth your fathers did -and you kept as a legacy, doing the exact same-, you say they are "mentally ill".

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 14, 2020 at 7:53 pm)WinterHold Wrote: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/07/asia/...index.html

History's deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II and you've probably never heard of it

Quote:As the flames closed in, Nihei found herself at a Tokyo crossroad, screaming for her father. A stranger wrapped himself around her to protect her from the flames. As more people piled into the intersection, she was pushed to the ground.
As
she drifted in and out of consciousness beneath the crush, she remembers hearing muffled voices above: "We are Japanese. We must live. We must live." Eventually, the voices became weaker. Until silence.
When Nihei was finally pulled out from the pile of people, she saw their bodies charred black. The stranger who had protected her was her father. After falling to the ground, they'd both been shielded from the fire by the charred corpses that were now at their ankles.

Quote:As many as 100,000 Japanese people were killed and another million injured, most of them civilians, when more than 300 American B-29 bombers dropped 1,500 tons of firebombs on the Japanese capital that night.

Quote:The inferno the bombs created reduced an area of 15.8 square miles to ash. And, by some estimates, a million people were left homeless.
The human toll that night exceeded that of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki later that year, where the initial blasts killed about 70,000 people and 46,000 people respectively, according to the US Department of Energy.

You REALLY need to stop calling people ‘terrorists’. Really.

A fair case can be made that the firebombing of Tokyo was a war crime, but not that it was terrorism. Furthermore, you need to drop the whole ‘sins of the father’ thing. None of the members here bear ANY responsibility for the raid on Tokyo.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 14, 2020 at 7:53 pm)WinterHold Wrote: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/07/asia/...index.html

As

Mess with the best - die like the rest..

Ask the Chinese in Nanking if we should have been nicer to the WWII Japanese.

I bet they think we fucked up stopping after only 2 nukes...
Yeah, no shit America has an alarmingly long laundry list of war crimes. Hell, during the quarantine, I just watched Grave of the Fireflies, which focuses on one of those fire-bombings we did on the Japanese, specifically the city of Kobe, and it focuses vividly on the consequences of the firebombings for the civilians. It's on Hulu in the US, but it's also on YouTube.

What's your fucking point? How many threads have you posted since shit got real that have just been "Insert war crime that most of us here are already aware of, therefore the West deserves COVID?"
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I can't really be hurt by his squawking terrorist every other post.

I'm an old hippie sitting around my house with my dogs, cat, and birds watching too much TV and spending too much time on the Internet.

Terrorist my ass...I was a pacifist long before the WinterofAtlas was ever even thought of.

He's a sick and scared little man. Let him be thus.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

As

Japan was a fascist state that launched a war of aggression through Asia and across the Pacific killing millions  . And after the war the west not only rebuilt Japan we modernized it into a first world nation . Now show me any nation in the Muslim world that's done the same . And go look at the filth your current populous is doing on a daily basis .

(May 14, 2020 at 8:45 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Yeah, no shit America has an alarmingly long laundry list of war crimes. Hell, during the quarantine, I just watched Grave of the Fireflies, which focuses on one of those fire-bombings we did on the Japanese, specifically the city of Kobe, and it focuses vividly on the consequences of the firebombings for the civilians. It's on Hulu in the US, but it's also on YouTube.

What's your fucking point? How many threads have you posted since shit got real that have just been "Insert war crime that most of us here are already aware of, therefore the West deserves COVID?"
 Grave of the Fireflies is one of the greatest films ever made  Great

I cried so freaking hard .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Meanwhile, in Mecca...

[Image: pig%2Farticles%2Fgeneral-pigs%2Fpigs-run...p.x=center]
(May 14, 2020 at 8:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You REALLY need to stop calling people ‘terrorists’. Really.

A fair case can be made that the firebombing of Tokyo was a war crime, but not that it was terrorism. Furthermore, you need to drop the whole ‘sins of the father’ thing. None of the members here bear ANY responsibility for the raid on Tokyo.

Boru

I am not Christian, I don't believe or advocate the "sins of the father" thing.
My book -the Quran- was quite clear about this:

Quote:Sura 17, The Quran:

( 13 )   And [for] every person We have imposed his fate upon his neck, and We will produce for him on the Day of Resurrection a record which he will encounter spread open.

( 14 )   [It will be said], "Read your record. Sufficient is yourself against you this Day as accountant."

Read your record; though. That's what I judge with just like my God taught me -and just like he does-.
So frankly, many of your governments do the exact same, doing it via proxies makes no difference.

(May 14, 2020 at 8:45 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Yeah, no shit America has an alarmingly long laundry list of war crimes. Hell, during the quarantine, I just watched Grave of the Fireflies, which focuses on one of those fire-bombings we did on the Japanese, specifically the city of Kobe, and it focuses vividly on the consequences of the firebombings for the civilians. It's on Hulu in the US, but it's also on YouTube.

Because the west does deserve the virus for playing with the life of people abroad via supporting proxies like the Egyptian army, Haftar and the Sauds.
Of course i can see why winter would defend fascism after all plenty of Muslims openly embraced the Nazi's .Ironically enough because the Nazi's painted themselves as anti colonialists 

[Image: 41348617_303.jpg]

[Image: BN-GM196_bkrvmu_P_20150116112544.jpg]
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who in the tudman administration faked a war so that they could sell weapons, to whom BrianSoddingBoru4 7 164 February 11, 2024 at 5:01 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Air Florida, Flight 90. Brian37 9 637 March 26, 2021 at 5:38 pm
  War on Christmas downbeatplumb 6 616 December 18, 2020 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Remember]:torture since the American civil war WinterHold 33 3863 July 10, 2020 at 5:59 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  CIVIL WAR/WW2 history...... help me out. Brian37 12 1160 June 23, 2020 at 9:11 am
  Something funny happened on the way to the subway EarnieBanks 8 638 May 20, 2019 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How much do you know about the raid on Pearl Harbor? Gawdzilla Sama 43 3478 December 15, 2018 at 7:30 am
  Severe weather during the 1960s vorlon13 5 581 May 3, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why didn't the Cold War get bloody? shadow 30 2763 February 12, 2018 at 7:41 pm
  Where were you when 9/11 happened? ƵenKlassen 45 4192 December 6, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Aegon