Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was Don McNeal and SB 17?
RE: Who was Don McNeal and SB 17?
(May 20, 2020 at 6:14 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Grimes
That's it...and dad is Elon Musk.

Stupid name, by the way.

As someone with an unusual name I have a lot of empathy for that kid.

99.9% of the time people mispronounce my first name...and it's all letters.

If it weren't for the fact I was named after my great grandmother I would have changed it as soon as I was old enough to do so.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 20, 2020 at 6:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

Stupid name, by the way.

If it weren't for the fact I was named after my great grandmother I would have changed it as soon as I was old enough to do so.

I can empathize. My given name is ‘Padruig’, the alternative, archaic spelling of ‘Padraig’, and is properly pronounced ‘PAW-rik’.

I generally just go by ‘Pat’, but that doesn’t stop people from trying to guess.

Boru
(May 20, 2020 at 6:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

Stupid name, by the way.

What is your name? If you don't mind my asking. My daughter's name is Delaney and her biggest problem is that she cannot find personalized things in coastal stores, like pens, keychains, or pocket knives.
(May 20, 2020 at 7:11 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote:
(May 20, 2020 at 6:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: That's it...and dad is Elon Musk.

Stupid name, by the way.

What is your name? If you don't mind my asking. My daughter's name is Delaney and her biggest problem is that she cannot find personalized things in coastal stores, like pens, keychains, or pocket knives.

I really like Delaney.

My name is Anges.  Try finding that on a coffee cup.  Ann-Jess is the closest I can describe the pronunciation.  The family is not in agreement on the origin back beyond great grandma.  As far as I know, she and I are/were it.

People look at it and see either Agnes or Angus.  I had a teacher in 8th grade and later as a senior.  He called me Angies...like there were multiples of me. 

To make it worse, my maiden name is also one people cannot say or spell.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 20, 2020 at 7:40 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(May 20, 2020 at 7:11 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: What is your name? If you don't mind my asking. My daughter's name is Delaney and her biggest problem is that she cannot find personalized things in coastal stores, like pens, keychains, or pocket knives.

I really like Delaney.

My name is Anges.  Try finding that on a coffee cup.  Ann-Jess is the closest I can describe the pronunciation.  The family is not in agreement on the origin back beyond great grandma.  As far as I know, she and I are/were it.

People look at it and see either Agnes or Angus.  I had a teacher in 8th grade and later as a senior.  He called me Angies...like there were multiples of me. 

To make it worse, my maiden name is also one people cannot say or spell.

I totally read that as Agnes and was like, what's so weird about... ohhhhhh yeah that's pretty different. My name is Gregory, I go by Greg and the worst I get is Craig or there was this one time when they though my name was Grey.