Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What songs or artists send you diving for the off button?
What songs or artists send you diving for the off button?
What songs or artists send you diving for the power button or volume control when they come on the radio?  Some of us have mentioned what we consider cringeworthy songs on a thread started by Brian37.  Let's add to the list.

Free Bird...within the first few notes I am on a mission to make it stop.

Pretty much anything by Jimmy Buffett - I couldn't give a fuck less about Margaritaville.

Anything by Bachman Turner Overdrive - extra effort put forth in silencing "Takin' Care of Business".

Nirvana - Cobain offed himself...probably because the music sucked so much.

You Light Up My Life - no explanation needed

Muskrat Love  - how did this really happen?  and on heavy radio rotation?

Whatcha got?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

RE: What songs or artists send you diving for the off button?
Any hip-hop or ©rap "music". Especially remakes of classic 70s and 80s music which seemed to be a trend in the early 2000s.

Most boy band music.

Nirvana? Check.

Black Eyed Peas? Check.

The Fujees? Check.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 16, 2020 at 10:14 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: What songs or artists send you diving for the power button or volume control when they come on the radio?  Some of us have mentioned what we consider cringeworthy songs on a thread started by Brian37.  Let's add to the list.

Pretty much anything by Jimmy Buffett - I couldn't give a fuck less about Margaritaville.

Anything by Bachman Turner Overdrive - extra effort put forth in silencing "Takin' Care of Business".

Whatcha got?

Come on, I can't be as bad as the orange turd.

But I am with you with Jimmy Buffett.  <---- There is a story behind my hate for him.  A long time ago in college, I went to a basement beer wine bottle bar with snacks and a jukebox. They had a bar and 3 pool tables in the basement of the college. The Jukebox was loaded with Buffett songs. Burgers and women to blame, it got annoying to walk into the bar and hear Buffett. But, to the owner's credit they also had several  Metallica songs on the same Jukebox. So it became a competition that semester between Buffett fans and me, Metallica fans as to who could load up the jukebox first and dominate the pool tables, because the looser wasn't going to stick around.
I just use Spotify, I only hear what I want to.
(June 16, 2020 at 10:14 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: What songs or artists send you diving for the power button or volume control when they come on the radio?  Some of us have mentioned what we consider cringeworthy songs on a thread started by Brian37.  Let's add to the list.

Whatcha got?
I have CDs of what I like, and some purchased music from the iTunes site (about 100 tunes). There are almost 4k tunes on my iPod, but they are only the tunes that I like. If I could find a platform beside iTunes for my music, I'd be all over it.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 16, 2020 at 10:30 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Any hip-hop or ©rap "music".  Especially remakes of classic 70s and 80s music which seemed to be a trend in the early 2000s.

Most boy band music.

Nirvana?  Check.

Black Eyed Peas?  Check.

The Fujees?  Check.

All of those plus Country & Western, I find it just unpleasant to listen to!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Artists:

The Carpenters

Cher

Hank Williams, Jr

Sheena Easton

Ted Nugent

Olivia Newton John

The Monkees

Songs:

'Hotel California'

'In My Room'

'Just The Way You Are'

'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'

'Downtown'

'Papa Don't Preach'

'Born To Run'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 17, 2020 at 5:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Artists:

The Carpenters

Cher

Hank Williams, Jr

Sheena Easton

Ted Nugent

Olivia Newton John

The Monkees

Songs:

'Hotel California'

'In My Room'

'Just The Way You Are'

'Downtown'

'Papa Don't Preach'

'Born To Run'

Boru

Do I see Billy Joel on your list, heretic?

I'm also somewhat of a fan of Cyndi Lauper.

Oh, and a song I REALLY hate is She's Leaving Home.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 17, 2020 at 5:42 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 17, 2020 at 5:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Artists:

The Carpenters

Cher

Hank Williams, Jr

Sheena Easton

Ted Nugent

Olivia Newton John

The Monkees

Songs:

'Hotel California'

'In My Room'

'Just The Way You Are'

'Downtown'

'Papa Don't Preach'

'Born To Run'

Boru

Do I see Billy Joel on your list, heretic?

I'm also somewhat of a fan of Cyndi Lauper.

Oh, and a song I REALLY hate is She's Leaving Home.

I like Billy Joel.  I like Cyndi Lauper (I think she's greatly underrated).  But even good artists can come up with a crap song every now and then.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 17, 2020 at 12:20 am)Fireball Wrote:

Whatcha got?
I have CDs of what I like, and some purchased music from the iTunes site (about 100 tunes). There are almost 4k tunes on my iPod, but they are only the tunes that I like. If I could find a platform beside iTunes for my music, I'd be all over it.
I mostly listen to Pandora.  Songs are based on my choices but now and then a song will come on that I can't help but wonder how it made it onto the playlist.

I have Sirius/XM in the car with 5 presets because I am too lazy to look for others.  Now and then it seems that some of the stations get stuck on Steely Dan or Elton John.  I can only take either one in small doses.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favourite Songs In Oddly Specific Catagories BrianSoddingBoru4 3 331 February 23, 2022 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Post Trippy Songs vulcanlogician 69 4964 August 20, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: brewer
  Send her some flowers. Tv Trivia. Brian37 15 869 January 5, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What are some songs that have changed their meaning completely over time? FlatAssembler 1 240 November 15, 2020 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Sal
  Songs of your first crush....... Brian37 16 1645 April 3, 2020 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Translating Songs FlatAssembler 28 2814 February 24, 2020 at 8:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Getting off Diesel...... Brian37 3 529 September 30, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Stalky songs that make you think. Brian37 2 553 August 4, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Songs That Energize You Edwardo Piet 16 2880 June 30, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Favourite Parody/funny/quirky songs and music videos The Valkyrie 27 3387 January 25, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: paulpablo