Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What songs or artists send you diving for the off button?
RE: What songs or artists send you diving for the off button?
(June 17, 2020 at 12:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 17, 2020 at 12:04 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Upgrade you silly sots.

A wire machine doesn't skip on washboard roads...

Solution: stay off washboard roads.

Boru

Hard to do in some parts of the country as I was reminded on my trip to the Midwest last fall.  A drive to the Field of Dreams was a tooth-rattling experience.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 17, 2020 at 12:11 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(June 17, 2020 at 12:04 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Upgrade you silly sots.

A wire machine doesn't skip on washboard roads...

Remember when I crucial part of listening to music in your car was having a matchbook available to keep the 8-track cartridge steady?  Then we upgraded to a BIC pen to be able to rewind a chewed up cassette.

Hehe

(June 17, 2020 at 8:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: There’s a primal, visceral joy in turning off horrible music. 

Boru

Sort of in the same way as missing the satisfaction of slamming down the phone receiver.  Poking 'end' just doesn't have the same finality.

Even if they become commonplace, I’ll never those ‘Star Trek’ style pocket doors. After storming out following a family argument, a *whoosh* can never take the place of a door slam.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't know what Country they're talking about, nor do I care what they're Western of, I don't like. Reminds me of drunken lout who hate the "anchors" that insist on using up THEIR money for things like food and clothes.
Wait, so nobody's going to say it? Ok, I will...

...FUCKING ABBA that shit makes my ears bleed!
Do you hear the guns, Fernando? 

Hehe
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 17, 2020 at 1:03 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I don't know what Country they're talking about, nor do I care what they're Western of, I don't like. Reminds me of drunken lout who hate the "anchors" that insist on using up THEIR money for things like food and clothes.

So you can't make it through Johnny Cash's Five Feet High and Risin' or Glen Campbell's Wichita Lineman?  

Just for that, I hope this sticks in your head:

I'm Enery the 8th I am.  Enery the 8th I am I am.
All modern country music

(June 17, 2020 at 2:38 pm)Ranjr Wrote:
(June 17, 2020 at 1:03 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I don't know what Country they're talking about, nor do I care what they're Western of, I don't like. Reminds me of drunken lout who hate the "anchors" that insist on using up THEIR money for things like food and clothes.

So you can't make it through Johnny Cash's Five Feet High and Risin' or Glen Campbell's Wichita Lineman?  

Just for that, I hope this sticks in your head:

I'm Enery the 8th I am.  Enery the 8th I am I am.
Modern country sucks
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I don't like potatoes or anything from the potato group.
Whoops, wrong thread.

(June 17, 2020 at 10:44 am)Fireball Wrote:
(June 17, 2020 at 10:22 am)brewer Wrote: You're all so negative, fuckin atheists.

The radio is the only way I hear new/different music, granted I think most of it sucks. If the song makes it past the first 15 seconds I'll usually stick thru the song.

What's an MP3 player?

Fuckin fossil, you still have an LP record player in your car? Tongue

I need hands free while driving.

[Image: ClosePlay.JPG]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra and Wayne Newton.  Arrgghh
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favourite Songs In Oddly Specific Catagories BrianSoddingBoru4 3 344 February 23, 2022 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Post Trippy Songs vulcanlogician 69 4997 August 20, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: brewer
  Send her some flowers. Tv Trivia. Brian37 15 921 January 5, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What are some songs that have changed their meaning completely over time? FlatAssembler 1 243 November 15, 2020 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Sal
  Songs of your first crush....... Brian37 16 1659 April 3, 2020 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Translating Songs FlatAssembler 28 2832 February 24, 2020 at 8:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Getting off Diesel...... Brian37 3 536 September 30, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Stalky songs that make you think. Brian37 2 557 August 4, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Songs That Energize You Edwardo Piet 16 2902 June 30, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Favourite Parody/funny/quirky songs and music videos The Valkyrie 27 3432 January 25, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: paulpablo