Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This has to be the most chilling thing he has done.
This has to be the most chilling thing he has done.
Trump is attempting to order the Pentagon to defund the military newspaper "Stars And Stripes."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...706859002/
RE: This has to be the most chilling thing he has done.
He's not making the moves he needs to make to ensure that the military backs him if he attempts a coup, that's nice.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(September 4, 2020 at 10:43 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: He's not making the moves he needs to make to ensure that the military backs him if he attempts a coup, that's nice.

It is still chilling. It is true for the past 40 years the GOP has been more successful in pandering to our military. But this story  just now, really is chiling. 

I really don't remember any other president, not even Nixon or Reagan or either Bush, going this far. This is bat shit insane. This is the act of a military state, not a free society.

I really hope this blows up in his face. 

It is bad enough the fucker attacks civilian press, but this really is nuclear sick shit.
When the Watergate Hearings were going on I was in Sicily and a regular reader of S&S. I knew more from reading Doonesbury than I did from the OP-ED pages, Trudeau was truly in Heaven. Well, one bright Monday morning there was an announcement in place of Doonesbury. "Due to the political nature of this strip it will be replaced."

Tuesday and Wednesday: Some strip I'd never heard of before.

Thursday: "Due to the great volume of mail we have received we will be posting the Doonesbury strip on the OP-ED page."

We were heard. Hehe
It’s distressing, but not particularly surprising. Trump’s a fascist, and this is what fascists do.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's odd to me that of all the things Trump has done this is the one to get your panties in a wad.

Anyway - he doesn't have the ability to stop it on his say-so alone. Congress would have to approve it.

I'm not going to get all jacked up over and opinion piece in USA Today. Let's wait till we hear something official.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 4, 2020 at 12:18 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: It's odd to me that of all the things Trump has done this is the one to get your panties in a wad.

Anyway - he doesn't have the ability to stop it on his say-so alone.  Congress would have to approve it.

I'm not going to get all jacked up over and opinion piece in USA Today.  Let's wait till we hear something official.
In a way, I hope he does it. That would piss off yet another voting block. Great
(September 4, 2020 at 12:21 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(September 4, 2020 at 12:18 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: It's odd to me that of all the things Trump has done this is the one to get your panties in a wad.

Anyway - he doesn't have the ability to stop it on his say-so alone.  Congress would have to approve it.

I'm not going to get all jacked up over and opinion piece in USA Today.  Let's wait till we hear something official.
In a way, I hope he does it. That would piss off yet another voting block.  Great

Just saying it has already done that.  I follow "Vote Vets" on Facebook.  Not many happy campers there when it comes to Trump and his gang of thieves.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

You’re clearly one of those people who have never heard about Article II, which ‘lets me do whatever I want’. Wink

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 4, 2020 at 12:15 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It’s distressing, but not particularly surprising. Trump’s a fascist, and this is what fascists do.

Boru

I agree it isn't surprising, but out of all the dangerous vile shit he has done, this is the worst.

The fucker literally wants a military state like North Korea.

I will say one bright spot, recent polls among military are turning on him. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Military...e&ie=UTF-8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is this whole thing a cover up? a wag the dog situation? Drich 34 1880 June 5, 2020 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  This thing, called bum, I kinda hate it.... Brian37 16 1906 May 8, 2020 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  So, what is it that Trump should have done differently? Prof.Lunaphiles 109 6399 April 20, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  They Haven't Learned A Thing! Minimalist 1 348 December 3, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Little rant regarding the kneeling thing. Chad32 51 5296 September 10, 2018 at 10:14 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  I Guess This Fucktard HAd Done All The Damage He Can Do Minimalist 1 574 August 10, 2018 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Some people trying to do the right thing just can't win brewer 9 2432 June 28, 2017 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Think that President Clinton Would Have Done This, Snowflakes? Minimalist 15 4449 June 2, 2017 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Crusin Chubbys done their strippers wrong brewer 0 491 February 27, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Well done Australian police! paulpablo 6 893 December 23, 2016 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: brewer