Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God so hated the world
RE: God so hated the world
If we presume the contents of magic book, we don't have any free will for god to respect in the first place.

The whole thing is a massive fuckup. Not only do we not possess this ability, if we did, it doesn't follow that preventing people from doing bad shit prevents them from freely willing™ to do bad shit. No more so than a cop who stands between some nut and his victim would or could. Threatening consequences doesn't assault our free will any more than physically preventing us from carrying out the actions it demands would.

Freedom of will is not equivalent to freedom of action. We can believe in the former, even insist that it should be - but absolutely none of that will or can speak to the latter -nor, for that matter, does any comment to the latter (or that it should -or- shouldn't be) speak to the former.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
At work.

*WARNING: Rant ahead.

So, perusing teh Yoogletubez as one does when they have some free time between chores.

I come across the usual "Diety made world so perfect in its orbit. Is sitting in 'Perfect Goldylock's zone' etc." that is such a wrong or ignorant or cherry picked over generalization that it's finally brought out the rant in me.

Such individuals either ignor the facts (Or are simply ignorant OF the facts) in relation to the millions of miles (Or use kilometers, if you prefer) variance the Earth's orbit actually has in its captive journey around Sol.

'Little' perturbations that, when other quirks add up such as axial tilt or geography or topography etc, lead to droughts of such proportions that entire civilizations have been erased.

Which brings up another thing. That 'Axial tilt'.

"But Peebs...." I hear you cry. "Autumn is such a pretty/colourful time of year." Or "The kids just love making snow-blobs/throwing the stuff."

Which is just a 'Snow-appologists' way of excusing all the deaths due to hypothermia and such.

Notice how people conveniently ignore the paradise that is Hawaii or other tropical locations?

If there were NO axial tilt then the 'Tropics' would extend far further from thd equator.

"Perfect Goldylock's zone" my non-ecludian, wibbly, tentacled fekkin' @rse.

Okay, rant complete. Tongue
(October 7, 2020 at 2:04 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: If there were NO axial tilt then the 'Tropics' would extend far further from thd equator.

[Image: FCuPI.jpg]

If  there were no approx. 23 degree axial tilt of Earth, relative to its orbit around the Sun, what makes you think seasons wouldn't exist? Seems to me that instead of having a change in seasons, they would be only be localized instead of also annual time-dependent. IOW, around equator there would always be summer, and further enough away from equator there would be winter (if those terms are even applicable for a planet with no axial tilt relative to its orbit around its star).

(yes I'm being pedantic)
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(October 3, 2020 at 8:41 am)Eleven Wrote: He hates us so much that he allows the devil to live when he has no problems allowing children to starve, be raped, and die of cancer.

That is not a loving god. That is a monster.

Why do you hate children and allow them to starve?
(October 10, 2020 at 7:10 pm)runewell Wrote:
(October 3, 2020 at 8:41 am)Eleven Wrote: He hates us so much that he allows the devil to live when he has no problems allowing children to starve, be raped, and die of cancer.

That is not a loving god. That is a monster.

Why do you hate children and allow them to starve?

What a stupid question.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:Why do you hate children and allow them to starve?
I don't hate children and if a had the power to feed every child on earth or prevent them all from starving i would not allow it .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

To be fair BSB IV, stupid is the only thing runewell does well.
(October 10, 2020 at 7:15 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 10, 2020 at 7:10 pm)runewell Wrote: Why do you hate children and allow them to starve?

What a stupid question.

Boru

Why don't you either answer the stupid question or let us know why you are so quick to avoid it?

(October 10, 2020 at 7:18 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
Quote:Why do you hate children and allow them to starve?
I don't hate children and if a had the power to feed every child on earth or prevent them all from starving i would not allow it .

Of course you don't have the resources to feed every child on earth - but surely you could do more than you are now - so why are you allowing them to starve?  Do you enjoy watching them starve?
runewell, it's painfully clear that your .00000125 watt bulb would not be able to handle an explanation for anything.
Quote:Of course you don't have the resources to feed every child on earth - but surely you could do more than you are now - so why are you allowing them to starve?  Do you enjoy watching them starve?
A god  has such resources and chooses not too . So he must enjoy watching it  . I on the other hand do what i feel i can with my limited resources. So this sad attempt as shifting to avoid the question fails . 

Quote:Why don't you either answer the stupid question or let us know why you are so quick to avoid it?
He didn't avoid it . He dismissed it because it's so obviously flawed .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus Hated First Peoples chimp3 28 4493 May 9, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12245 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  God is in charge of the world. Foxaèr 93 10083 June 6, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  God healing the amputee and other world problems xr34p3rx 39 9733 January 10, 2014 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: xr34p3rx
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12241 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  In a world without God... Drich 278 110640 June 17, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6670 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad