Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God plays games
RE: God plays games
Quote:if you hear the literal voice of God how would you distinguish it from any one else? the only way we can be certain that it is God speaking is if what is said correlated with the bible.

This, without a doubt and beyond question, is the most STUNNINGLY perfect circular argument I've ever heard in my life.
Thanks, Drich.  I was having a rough morning, and I need that laugh.  ROFLOL
Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Excellent, and since I don't belong to god, he can fuck right off. That's how that works, right?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 6, 2020 at 9:58 am)Eleven Wrote: A god that is capable of doing absolutely anything is speaking directly with you? Seriously?

If god knows how the atheist mind works, why is he only communicating with you?

Why isn't god doing what a god can do and inform everyone of his existence?

Oh, I know why.

Because he doesn't fucking exist.

>A god that is capable of doing absolutely anything is speaking directly with you? Seriously?

Well, that would seem to be one reason for creating us

>If god knows how the atheist mind works, why is he only communicating with you?

You don't seem interested?

>Why isn't god doing what a god can do and inform everyone of his existence?

What would you know about being a god?  

>Because he doesn't fucking exist.

Who's making unprovable claims now?
(October 7, 2020 at 5:14 pm)runewell Wrote:
(October 6, 2020 at 9:58 am)Eleven Wrote: A god that is capable of doing absolutely anything is speaking directly with you? Seriously?

If god knows how the atheist mind works, why is he only communicating with you?

Why isn't god doing what a god can do and inform everyone of his existence?

Oh, I know why.

Because he doesn't fucking exist.

>A god that is capable of doing absolutely anything is speaking directly with you? Seriously?

Well, that would seem to be one reason for creating us

>If god knows how the atheist mind works, why is he only communicating with you?

You don't seem interested?

>Why isn't god doing what a god can do and inform everyone of his existence?

What would you know about being a god?  

>Because he doesn't fucking exist.

Who's making unprovable claims now?

So, an ineffable, perfect Being, created humans so he would have someone to talk to? Why?

I can’t speak for other atheists, but I’d be extremely interested in talking to God.

I know a lot about being a god. I’ve read everything Terry Pratchett ever wrote. 

Everyone makes unprovable claims, there’s no shame in it. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 7, 2020 at 5:14 pm)runewell Wrote: What would you know about being a god?  

I could ask the same of you.

It is rather interesting, after all, how human theists enjoy using their imaginations to make up all sorts of things about the god in which they have unreasonable religious faith.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I prefer talking to Vishnu, it's where I get all my best recipes from.
Ra can be a bit of a dick. Zeus is having marital issues, we're not in contact so much anymore. Odin is always the life of the party. Jehovah is just a spoiled brat who has a micropenis.
(October 7, 2020 at 5:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can’t speak for other atheists, but I’d be extremely interested in talking to God.

So what's stopping you?
Quote:So what's stopping you?
The small matter that he seems rather shy .

Quote:Well, that would seem to be one reason for creating us
So a being decides to create a whole race simply so he has something to talk to . Silly 

Quote:You don't seem interested?
Says who ?

Quote:What would you know about being a god?  
Appealing to mysteriousness isn't an argument  

Quote:Who's making unprovable claims now?
It's not a claim it's a conclusion correct or not .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(October 7, 2020 at 3:58 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Excellent, and since I don't belong to god, he can fuck right off.  That's how that works, right?

Non-sequitur alert Smile
Quote:Non-sequitur alert [Image: smile.gif]
Irony Alert
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12239 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6668 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  God - Playing Mind Games with Believers Forsaken 15 6373 February 1, 2012 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Forsaken