Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bangladesh considers death penalty for rapists.
Bangladesh considers death penalty for rapists.
I can't agree.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/1...bangladesh

Hang a guy by the neck till dead for rape?

Barbaric....

Hang the motherfucker by the balls till dead - and I'm on board.
RE: Bangladesh considers death penalty for rapists.
(October 12, 2020 at 9:26 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I can't agree.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/1...bangladesh

Hang a guy by the neck till dead for rape?

Barbaric....

Hang the motherfucker by the balls till dead - and I'm on board.

You go Rambo/ Dirty Harry.

You do understand there is a HUGE difference between the nature of the charge, and in an emotional context, I would agree, and the difference in  A COURT AND JURY.

If you want to live in a society based on emotional reaction move to Saudi Arabia or Iran. They have far less of a standard of "evidence" and and no standard of "Presumption of innocence".

So when you talk about rape. EVERYONE GETS IT. But I could give a fuck less about the charge. I also have feelings about OJ's guilt too. But the PROCESS long term is not about emotions, but about protecting the process long term.'

If I were a lawyer, I would defend ANYONE accused of anything, not because of the individual. Ethics most of the time would lead a lawyer to get the accused to plead out, in any case. But what you don't understand is that we have courts to avoid mob rule revenge, regardless of charge.

Nobody likes rapists? NO SHIT......... I don't either. But your posts smacks of "FUCK COURTS"........ 

Have you ever had an entire private school falsely accuse you of playing favorites in a flag football game  being a reff?(<---- I broke a bone in my arm, so the school I was attending, relegated me to reff.) Have you ever been falsely accused of stealing a $30,000 dollar TV camera from a news station, when on an internship? Yea, seems trite, doesn't it?

YES RAPE IS WRONG, and so is murder, BUT we have courts for a reason.  So we don't end up looking like Saudi Arabia, Iran, or North Korea.
Dumbassed swutbucket...

Nobody said a motherfucking word about denying anyone a trial....

Quit acting like an enflamed dickhead..
I don't think there is one single person reading this thread, that has not been falsely accused of something they know they did not do. And I am, not even talking about criminal charges, major or minor. So to me, while it is ok to object to bad behavior, of any kind, it is also not ok to assume guilt.
If you are guilty of rape, and by guilty, I mean you actually did it, you should be used as a lab rat, or a crash test dummy!
(October 12, 2020 at 12:01 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Dumbassed swutbucket...

Nobody said a motherfucking word about denying anyone a trial....

Quit acting like an enflamed dickhead..

You "rape is wrong"

Me, "I agree, and?"

Your OP smacks of lack of due process.

Unlike you, if I were a lawyer I WOULD defend the 20 assholes who conspired to kidnap the Michigan Governor. NOT because I like them. But again, DUE PROCESS.

My personal opinion of what those assholes did has nothing to do with "DUE PROCESS".

(October 12, 2020 at 12:14 pm)no one Wrote: If you are guilty of rape, and by guilty, I mean you actually did it, you should be used as a lab rat, or a crash test dummy!

Yea, but just like any other charge, at least in the west, it is not up to the accused to prove they didn't do it, it is up to the state to prove they did.

And even outside the issue of rape, the death penalty doesn't solve shit. It simply makes appeals lawyers richer. 

NOBODY is advocating rape, nobody should. But the mentality of revenge in law, is authoritarian, not diplomatic.

I DON'T disagree with you in your emotional reaction. Rape is an assault on one's body autonomy, and anyone would react negatively to sexual force. 

This post isn't about supporting rape. It is however, about supporting avoiding mob rule by emotion.

IN a perfect world utopia, everyone wants to beat the shit out of the person who hurt them. In the real world, we also live in a world where the innocent are falsely accused.
And he STILL acts as if someone here is denying due process...

What a sack of fetid dogshit.
That's why I said "if you actually did it." If someone raped my child, I would kill them. I would not lose a moment of sleep over it.

If you go out of your way to intentionally harm someone, you need to be permanently removed from the gene pool. Preferably by the most horrific and painful method possible!
(October 12, 2020 at 12:44 pm)no one Wrote: That's why I said "if you actually did it." If someone raped my child, I would kill them. I would not lose a moment of sleep over it.

If you go out of your way to intentionally harm someone, you need to be permanently removed from the gene pool. Preferably by the most horrific and painful method possible!

Revenge is not justice, it is just revenge.

It is possible to understand the emotional reaction to harm, and also understand that there is a bigger picture beyond that individual action.
Shame on Bangladesh, then.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islamic Religious Leaders call for Hanging of Atheist Bloggers in Bangladesh JesusHChrist 34 7846 May 7, 2013 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon