Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Politicians Lie
RE: All Politicians Lie
(January 9, 2021 at 3:05 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Fek me.

Is this the whiny sheet we're going to get for the next few years?

Should have known Sir Appleby's words would come back to haunt us.

"In victory, revenge.  In defeat,  malice."

You do you OLB.

Coffee

How is it any different from the whiny shit of the last 4 years?

At work.

(January 9, 2021 at 3:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(January 9, 2021 at 3:05 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Fek me.

Is this the whiny sheet we're going to get for the next few years?

Should have known Sir Appleby's words would come back to haunt us.

"In victory, revenge.  In defeat,  malice."

You do you OLB.

Coffee

How is it any different from the whiny shit of the last 4 years?

Well you didn't get any whiny sheet from me.

I constantly explained that the situation in 'Yankystan' involved neither a Cheif monkey I cared about nor was it happening in my circus.

Hey, I get it. Your fave football team didn't win the grand final and you're claiming the Referee was biased by disallowing that try in the first half that cost you the points and hence the game.

You've just got to suck it up and insist your team train harder in getting ready for the next season.

No good whining about the Ref's decision when your team can't even function on the feild.

Coffee
(January 9, 2021 at 11:46 am)onlinebiker Wrote: "That's the job of a president. To represent all of us, not just our base or our party." [/font][/color]

Really? Including the white supremicists? No? Ok..

What about the far right of the Republican party? No? Ok..  Not them either.

What about NRA members?  Uh uh? Ok.. I guess that's too much to ask...

What about Communists? I assume there is some of those still running around. Is Joe going to support Communists?

Yes, he represents all.  He doesn't support all.

Representing means giving a shit about the people, even if you disagree with their views.  White supremacists don't get their agenda done, but as people, they deserve to have an opportunity for jobs, get treated equally before the law, etc.

Part of why Hillary lost is her "deplorables" comment.  If a third of the country is deplorable in her mind, can she "represent" the whole country?  I would say not.
Represent is not a synonym for caring.

I don't know you learned that.

Represent (in political terms) means "in place of".

Rather than everyone voting on every item - you vote for someone to represent you. Your Representative.

You did not hire these cretins to love you, to care about you or to make you happy. You voted for them because you think they will vote on matters as YOU WOULD.

You can try to obfuscate all you like with alternate meanings of a word all day - but it varies not a bit the FACT that noone can represent EVERYONE.

To represent EVERYONE - everyone would have to be in agreement.

They are not.
By default, the president represents all the people of their nation. But they don't have to agree with them or endorse their ultimate goals . He just has to make sure they all get the same fundamental treatment

Quote:Represent is not a synonym for caring.

Rather than everyone voting on every item - you vote for someone to represent you. Your Representative.

You did not hire these cretins to love you, to care about you or to make you happy. You voted for them because you think they will vote on matters as YOU WOULD.

You can try to obfuscate all you like with alternate meanings of a word all day - but it varies not a bit the FACT that noone can represent EVERYONE.

They are not.
Nope, no obfuscation the president represents everyone's basic interests whether they acknowledge it or not.So nope Joe didn't lie
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Not all.

Some are dead. [Image: Thumbs%20Up.png]
(January 9, 2021 at 3:33 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: By default, the president represents all the people of their nation. But they don't have to agree with them or endorse their ultimate goals . He just has to make sure they all get the same fundamental treatment

Quote:Represent is not a synonym for caring.

They are not.
Nope, no obfuscation the president represents everyone's basic interests whether they acknowledge it or not.So nope Joe didn't lie

How many states are not called states but "Commonwealths"? 

OLB wants to falsely equate the two sides as being the same. He cherry picks on par with theists when you debate them.

"Nobody is going to agree 100% of the time" and "You cant please everyone" is a dodge. Nobody is arguing that. 

This is falsely claiming that those who seek to calm the tempest are seeking a utopia. Good leaders are not trying to create a utopia, but to minimize division. 

My friend from Oklahoma HB, I think would make a great President, if he was famous enough and had the means to run. But he has no desire to. He has a very Martin Luther King Jr attitude in wanting all sides to get along. I would not run myself because I don't have the patience he does nor would I vote for a Politician who had my temperament. 

But OLB keeps forgetting there is a far different responsibility for a President than a no name. No other President in my lifetime has been as vile in his vilification and scapegoating. Mitt Romney didn't act at that manor. McCain did not act in that manor. Bush Jr did not act in that manor. Reagan did not act in that manor.

Pelosi's calling Trump "unhinged" isn't a tactical or political issue. It is a concern expressed by our own intel, even by members of his party, and psychologists too. Michael Coen expressed deep regret in supporting Trump, and even Bill Barr got to the point of having had enough of Trump.

Sometimes a bully is a bully and a sociopath like Trump needs to be called out and stood up to.
Is the nazi olb trying to make out we're as bad as he is, again?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(January 9, 2021 at 11:57 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(January 9, 2021 at 11:51 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Represent' doesn't mean 'support'. The groups you mentioned are not answerable to the president, he is answerable to them.

That's what 'represent' means.  It means you don't play favourites. It means you protect the rights of white supremacists, of far-right Republicans, of NRA members, of communists and of bigoted Christians in precisely the same way you protect the rights of your base.

I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this.

Boru

Nice try.

But you are wrong.

Let's talk about abortion.

Either it is legal, or it isn't. There's no halfway. Like pregnancy.

Joe has to pick one side or the other.

Somebody is not going to be represented.

The Presidents job is to implement and enforce the laws passed by congress, so in regards to abortion even if the he is against abortion, he still must enforce the laws that say abortion is legal. That is why we have representatives in congress and it's also why we don't leave it up to one individual to decide what should and shouldn't be legal.
Awaiting the topic where OLB says "The sky appears blue." And then blames Democrats for something.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crooked Politicians onlinebiker 23 1780 February 20, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Buzzfeed reports Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress LadyForCamus 61 6334 January 26, 2019 at 5:49 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2554 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2136 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Crooked Corporations and the Politicians They Own Minimalist 2 623 August 15, 2016 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Damned Politicians BrokenQuill92 2 845 December 24, 2015 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Community is a Lie BrokenQuill92 20 3308 September 11, 2015 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Another lie about the north korea exposed! Mrdeepthinker 20 2634 August 25, 2014 at 9:56 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Creatard Shitwits...and the Politicians that Blow Them Minimalist 9 1697 July 18, 2014 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Study finds Republicans lie three times as much as Democrats TaraJo 13 2884 February 16, 2014 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Isun