Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection]: is being closed minded the cause of disbelief ?
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: is being closed minded the cause of disbelief ?
(January 31, 2021 at 11:12 pm)WinterHold Wrote: Not believing is actually a type of "not making sense" of the environment around .
I reached this conclusion from the following verse in the Quran:

Quote:Sura 10, The Quran:
https://quran.com/10/100?translations=

(100) It is not for any soul to believe except by Allah’s leave, and He will bring His wrath upon those who are unmindful.

[Translation]: Dr. Mustafa Khattab, the Clear Quran

History proved that the worst type of humans are ignorant humans who insist on staying ignorant and never open their minds to new things.
Actually; you can compare the humans of the past who were ready to crucify another person for believing earth was round, to the modern people who accept even multiverses.

Lalala
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
More bullshit from a cretin who equivocates people who have certain views on cosmology with people who torture others to death, while he himself advocates chopping off hands for stealing.
What a complete failure of a human being.

Dear reader, please, whatever you do, whatever you believe, please dont stoop so low to crazy religious beliefs. Please dont give up your humanity for this dangerous nonsense, like the creator of this awful thread did.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(January 31, 2021 at 11:12 pm)WinterHold Wrote: Not believing is actually a type of "not making sense" of the environment around .
I reached this conclusion from the following verse in the Quran:

Quote:Sura 10, The Quran:
https://quran.com/10/100?translations=

(100) It is not for any soul to believe except by Allah’s leave, and He will bring His wrath upon those who are unmindful.

[Translation]: Dr. Mustafa Khattab, the Clear Quran

History proved that the worst type of humans are ignorant humans who insist on staying ignorant and never open their minds to new things.
Actually; you can compare the humans of the past who were ready to crucify another person for believing earth was round, to the modern people who accept even multiverses.

How long have you been on this website?

Quoting  a holy book to prove a holy book is circular reasoning. Christians and Jews do it too. It doesn't work when they do it either.
I love how he tried to work in being open to multiverses in a screed that's supposed to be about close mindedness. Pick a lane.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
[Image: eraserhead_trailer1-e1494686134287.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
@WinterHold

Quote:God created everything.

If true, then God is what made me an unbeliever. What then gives him the right to punish me for my unbelief? It's sort of like telling a child to tidy up his room and then beating him when he does.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 1, 2021 at 7:56 am)WinterHold Wrote: God created everything. Even evil is his creation. See this verse from the Quran:

Great 

Not at work
(February 1, 2021 at 7:56 am)WinterHold Wrote:
(February 1, 2021 at 3:08 am)Astreja Wrote: Being closed-minded is when one clings to a point of view for non-rational reasons.  It's an equal-opportunity problem, and affects believers of all religions as much as it affects non-believers.

Holding to a point of view for a sensible reason (for example, not believing a religious claim because there's no non-scriptural evidence to back it up) is not being closed-minded.  It's the rational withholding of belief when the purported evidence is too weak to stand on its own merits.

There is a word for this attitude: stubbornness. Stubbornness is practiced by all humans, but it's not always carried out because of insufficient evidence given by the other party: in many times there are other causes for stubbornness, including racism,sexism, or whatever causing it.

The more a person is stubborn the harder for them to learn anything new; hence believe in anything new too. I think many athiests are stubborn; not just "finding that the provided evidence is not sufficient".
Your attempt to poison the well is noted.

In my eyes, the evidence truly -is- not sufficient -- Woefully so. You're just going to have to accept that the things that convince you are not convincing to everyone. I have very good reasons for not believing religious claims, most notably the fact that they don't stand up to empirical analysis in the real world.

I'm going to give you a demonstration of how this process works.  Do you believe the Islamic story about the moon splitting in two?  If so, kindly provide me with the location of this alleged event (i.e. its position in relation to the craters and mare on the visible side of the moon).  It's only fair to warn you that I'm a citizen scientist astronomer with good knowledge of major lunar features, and I have resources such as NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) to refer to.
Every atheist who once believed in a God or gods and followed a religion was open-minded enough to change their minds about something they were likely raised to believe from early childhood.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I love that theists like to claim that anybody who doesn't think like them is closed-minded because they're too closed-minded to accept people who don't think like them.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4254 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2764 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1409 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4076 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 2976 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2078 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1292 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4197 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 4467 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11498 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda