Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists and health
RE: Atheists and health
Live a full life includes slouching, procrastinating, eating fries and burgers and drinking coke, port, tequila, diesel, and pee. Eating all meats, all fishes, all mushrooms, all dragons....all.... wooow, look at that portal... I wonder what ahppens when I touch it. bbbzzbzzzbzzzbfgdgl,rgvregrrgvgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
(February 10, 2021 at 10:32 pm)GGG Wrote: Watched recent talk on youtube between 2 atheists - Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris. 2 really smart guys, all of them agrees "if heaven doesn't exist - then we need to truly appreciate our precious life and live like every day is the last"(kinda like that). So - Richard Dawkins has real big health problems recently, i'm sure that he didnt exercise even a day in his life (like any "smart guy" or scientsist" - they all adherents of very old stereotype of "sick, falling apart with time, but smart scientist" - which kinda contradicts with "live fully now" slogan.

Anyway - do sports (don't drink and smoke is not enough) no matter what society thinks  - cause you will suffer at the end of your life if you dont (that prevents you to live fully ofcourse). Strange that such a smart guys like Dawkins ,well anyway. But even if you tell him (or Harris etc) about it - all you'll get is their condescending smile ("ahh what a fool - me and sport? impossible").

How do you know Dawkins hasn't exercised a day in his life?

What 'real big health problems' has Dawkins had recently?  (I'm aware of the mild stroke he had five years ago - when he was 74 - but he's recovered from that. A stroke at that age isn't particularly uncommon, even in healthy people.)

Have you ever told any prominent atheists about the value of exercise? If so, which ones? If not, how do you know about the 'condescending smile'?

Since exercise has been shown to improve cognitive function, and since you plainly value exercise, why are you so stupid?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 10, 2021 at 10:32 pm)GGG Wrote: Watched recent talk on youtube between 2 atheists - Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris. 2 really smart guys, all of them agrees "if heaven doesn't exist - then we need to truly appreciate our precious life and live like every day is the last"(kinda like that). So - Richard Dawkins has real big health problems recently, i'm sure that he didnt exercise even a day in his life (like any "smart guy" or scientsist" - they all adherents of very old stereotype of "sick, falling apart with time, but smart scientist" - which kinda contradicts with "live fully now" slogan.

Anyway - do sports (don't drink and smoke is not enough) no matter what society thinks  - cause you will suffer at the end of your life if you dont (that prevents you to live fully ofcourse). Strange that such a smart guys like Dawkins ,well anyway. But even if you tell him (or Harris etc) about it - all you'll get is their condescending smile ("ahh what a fool - me and sport? impossible").

Sports = health? Hilarious

Ever talk to a punch drunk ex boxer?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 11, 2021 at 7:15 am)brewer Wrote:

Sports = health? Hilarious

Ever talk to a punch drunk ex boxer?

Or a concussed footballer?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Competitive eating is a sport.
Wahhh Waah- 45 years old bearded fat virgin babies is crying! "we DOINT WANNA DO SPORT MOMMY, WE WANNA EAT AND DRINK AND BE SMART ASSES IN INTERNET COMMENTS !! WAAAH WAAH
(February 11, 2021 at 10:00 am)GGG Wrote: Wahhh Waah- 45 years old bearded fat virgin babies is crying! "we DOINT WANNA DO SPORT MOMMY, WE WANNA EAT AND DRINK AND BE SMART ASSES IN INTERNET COMMENTS !! WAAAH WAAH

Aren't you just the cutest thing?!?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I found out when I was younger that bullet holes disimprove one's health.
Hey, GGG, how's about an intro thread so we can get to know you and where you're coming from?

And it the 'for what it's worth department': https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26743877/
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(February 11, 2021 at 10:00 am)GGG Wrote: Wahhh Waah- 45 years old bearded fat virgin babies is crying! "we DOINT WANNA DO SPORT MOMMY, WE WANNA EAT AND DRINK AND BE SMART ASSES IN INTERNET COMMENTS !! WAAAH WAAH

You're upset because people don't take you serious when you start a thread with a faulty premise.

Would you like to rethink who is being the baby? ^^^^

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1839 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4325 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2176 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Belief in God can improve mental health outcomes. Mystic 19 6419 May 5, 2013 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Uni Health Care Samson 298 94879 September 3, 2009 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy