Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts on the validity of this?
RE: Your thoughts on the validity of this?
Just encourage the fellon to sneak up behind the victim and shoot him or her in the back of the head first instead of simply threatening the victim with a gun, punching the victim in the face and wrestling the wallet away.

If it is one on one,  then Once the initial uncertainty of changes in paradigm has passed, I suspect the person who would have been committed to breaking the law with violence anyway would tend to have less trouble with escalation in violence than the person merely trying to protect himself.
The premise is incorrect.

IT states "IF violent crime is to be curbed," This is a direct quote. This is the premise upon which the argument must be made.

The "IF" statement makes it a requirement. IF than else. But it can't claim that. It's making a statement about the future. Which "it" the "claimant" doesn't know. Unless "it" the "claimant" can prove the future. This statement makes no sense before we get any further.

So unless the author knows the outcome they need to rephrase their argument.

That said they are welcome to. NO use debating a faulted declaration.

(April 12, 2021 at 10:14 pm)Goosebump Wrote: The premise is incorrect.

IT states "IF violent crime is to be curbed," This is a direct quote. This is the premise upon which the argument must be made.

The "IF" statement makes it a requirement. IF than else. But it can't claim that. It's making a statement about the future. Which "it" the "claimant" doesn't know. Unless "it" the "claimant" can prove the future. This statement makes no sense before we get any further.

So unless the author knows the outcome they need to rephrase their argument.

That said they are welcome to. NO use debating a faulted declaration.

To help out, I think what your trying to say is "I believe violent crime should be curbed, here is how I think it may be done." OR "I have researched how crimes of violence can be reduced."
One has your own conviction, the other requires you to provide research.

You decide which best represents you.
"I'm thick." - Me
Jeff Cooper: “ The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”

Professor Utonium: “ You see, bravery doesn’t mean you’re not scared. Bravery is doing what you’re afraid to do. If you can just face your fears, then I know you can find the courage to beat ’em.”

Point: it’s fallacious to assume that a criminal does what they do because they don’t fear the cops or the justice system. It could be that they actually are afraid, but their need to commit said crime is more powerful than their fear. An eight-year old me knew what Utonium said was true. A fucking Marine should know what he said was true. Why the fuck can’t he apply this basic fact to criminology?

Also, why the fuck did I have to spend half an hour looking for that Powerpuff Girls quote?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 10968 248120 1 hour ago
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2035 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2151 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2111 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5421 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1890 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1099 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1140 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 808 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1133 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous