Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A disgraceful god
RE: A disgraceful god
(April 20, 2021 at 6:32 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: If a ferret healed an amputee, would we bow down to it?

I would bow down and worship such a creature, but, then, again, how could one be sure that it was a ferret and not an invisible ferret?
If ferrets could be invisible, they'd still be ferrets. The same is true of gods, and of disgraceful gods.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 20, 2021 at 8:28 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: If ferrets could be invisible, they'd still be ferrets.  The same is true of gods, and of disgraceful gods.

I would say that if such beings exerted no gravitational influence then the distinction between being invisible and non-existent is a superfluous one.
Sure, the difference between an invisible ferret and a ferret with no known effects. Similarly -

I don't believe in bob because bob has no known effects - broadly speaking, rational.

I don't believe in bob because he's an asshole - not so much.

It's a secondary criticism of bob based on attributes real or presumed, it's truth not premised on any assertion one way or the other of such a bobs existence, and not capable of providing a rational inference to that end.

The analog here to your comments about the miracle ferret are very much on the surface. Would you really try to live your life the ferrety way on account of a ferret replacing a limb? It wouldn't concern you that you're modeling your life after what a ferret wanted, on account of it having done something that isn't so much impossible as it is unavailable to us. Have you bent the knee to any lizards, recently?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 20, 2021 at 10:43 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Have you bent the knee to any lizards, recently?

Not recently, but, if one spoke out loud to me, giving me the next PowerBall numbers, then yes, I would bow to such a creature.
HERETICS!!!!!

There is only one small furry animal that you must kneel to.

[Image: tsqkg-baby-beaver.jpg]

Allow God Beaver to mend the leak in your soul.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Haven't seen a hairy beaver in quite some time.
(April 20, 2021 at 6:09 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(April 20, 2021 at 3:31 pm)Drich Wrote: Hehe  to you.. God has not proven his existence to you...  and who are you that God must court and peruse you separately? or did you not read enough of his word to know God has a path spelled out for us to find him? a billion ++ have just in this generation...90 some odd percent believe is some kinda of God and or spirituality and less than 2% of the world think as you do, and if you look through out time atheism has always been about 2% plus or minus a few point from time to time. kinda like people being born blind.. that percentage has been about 2% + or - a few point in man's history. maybe you and people like you are missing a spiritual receptor/sense that everyone else on the planet has..

https://www.gordonconwell.edu/center-for...y-2021.pdf

Let God heal an adult amputee, restoring his/her lost limb, and I will believe, renouncing any and all of my non-belief.

and who are you that God must court and peruse you separately? or did you not read enough of his word to know God has a path spelled out for us to find him?

(April 20, 2021 at 3:43 pm)no one Wrote: ....Or, we just see through the horseshit, and aren't complete gullible fools.

@ .22% it is far more likely you and yours are just broken/incomplete.
You keep telling us that he did super special shit for you, don't you?
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]dipshit:
@ .22% it is far more likely you and yours are just broken/incomplete.

At one point the majority of humanity was certain the Earth was the center of the universe.

You truly are a complete fool. I am surprised you can wipe your own ass. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12239 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6668 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad