Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season
Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season
Quote:Yes, Dexter is returning for season 9. It’s happening. The Dexter revival took fans by surprise when it was announced, but it was just what everyone needed to get excited about 2021. Your favorite serial killer will be back for the limited series, and blood will be spilled once again.

hollywoodlife.com

I'm excited.
RE: Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season
Now, I’m just wondering if they’re going to get him to sing “The Lumberjack Song.”

Fun fact: immediately after watching the finale, I found myself imagining a version of the episode where Dexter gets caught, and while Batista’s grilling him, Dexter immediately launches into The Lumberjack Song (starting with “I never wanted to be a serial killer- I wanted to be a lumberjack” and maybe a zombie version of Rita (or maybe just the normal Debra) joins him as Carol Cleveland and maybe a couple of the people he killed come back as a zombie lumberjack chorus. And somehow, I get the feeling it’d still make more sense than what we actually got.

Seriously, it went downhill pretty steep after at least Season 4 ended.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I don't particularly want more "Dexter", it seems to me it was a show of its time (as is the case with most TV shows).

Interestingly or not, as Dexter was ending, Michael C. Hall was making an episode of the documentary show "Years of Living Dangerously" where he was walking on the set of Dexter on its last day of filming and you can see sets being torn down, and even people stealing props.

It's from 0 to 1 min 20 sec

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Oh, there's already a teaser:

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
They ended it badly.

They need to leave it that way.
Dying to live, living to die.
All the more reason to bring it back in order to end it properly.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Also when it comes to Dexter, I remember thinking that Sgt. Doakes was comic relief and a very strange one because he was very serious and never even smiled, but he seemed in a way hilarious (although I don't remember even how since I watched it long ago), and when they "sent" him off, the show got that much boring.

But maybe it's just me since I haven't discussed this with anyone.
Here's an actual trailer, and it looks interesting, but I wish there was a surprise twist and Mulder shows up.

I loved the show, but the ending was unsatisfying. I'm hoping they've come up with something more compelling this time.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
We drifted away from the show before the last couple seasons...not really sure why but I have heard the ending wasn't satisfying so I have never bothered to go back to it.

I get frustrated after spending years following a show only to have the end be the worst writing of the entire run. LOST simply pissed me off. I was late coming to it and watched DVDs from Blockbuster of all places to get caught up, only to be completely pissed at the ending.

Felt the same with 'Game of Thrones'. I watched some seasons multiple times and have them all on DVD. I haven't even taken the plastic off the last season.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abba return to UK top 10 after 40 years... Duty 10 1129 September 11, 2021 at 6:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Who Wants To Be A Billion Years Old"? Brian37 2 347 January 31, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  An 80s song that could apply to the past 4 years. Brian37 39 2108 November 25, 2020 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Still Alive and kicking decades later. Brian37 7 644 July 15, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  TWD Season 6 Foxaèr 271 28389 June 23, 2020 at 2:26 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  2 years back, I wrote this poem. Mystic 5 590 November 13, 2018 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Round 2 (8 years ago I did this poem) Mystic 1 458 November 13, 2018 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  75 Years of Joni Mitchell! Happy Birthday! chimp3 4 536 September 7, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pern, Season One. Gawdzilla Sama 11 522 September 7, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone else watching season 2 of Legion? The Industrial Atheist 2 459 April 16, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye