Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection]: The Romans destroying of the Jewish temple, would it happen?
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: The Romans destroying of the Jewish temple, would it happen?
(May 9, 2021 at 2:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 9, 2021 at 1:59 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Have you also noticed how there are never nice "prophecies" about Jews in Qur'an, only that the Jews will crash and burn?

Like, why aren't there prophecies in the Qur'an that Jews will win much more Nobel Prizes than Muslims who will have almost none?

Again, the aren’t prophecies. The First Jewish Revolt happened five centuries before Mohammad was born, and the Palestina Secunda incident happened while he was still alive. 

It would be like me ‘prophesying’ The English Civil War or the election of Jacinda Ardern.

Boru

The "prophecy" was stated in verse 7:

Quote:WinterHold said:

3-The third event is where the prophecy begins: the same enemies that Jews defeated in the past will sadden their faces (as the verse says) and enter the temple again just like they entered it the first time while destroying what the state of the Jews had taken over.

That didn't happen yet.
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: The Romans destroying of the Jewish temple, would it happen?
-and it never will, because none of those nations exist anymore. Big Mo is a shit fortune teller.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 11, 2021 at 6:26 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: -and it never will, because none of those nations exist anymore.  Big Mo is a shit fortune teller.

Mohammed -peace be upon him- revealed other prophecies that happened exactly, the most famous is this:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-60266.html

Quote: Verse "2" specified the Romans by the name: الروم. That is utterly important; actually the prophecy it made in verse "3" did come true. The Romans might lost their empire, but their empire did triumph, and today we see their shadow everywhere; America; Europe; Asia and Africa.

You are American. You should hang this verse in your house and say: "an Arab prophet said this prophecy about my civilization".
Nutter shit, and, frankly...disrespectful to your own magic book.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 12, 2021 at 3:17 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Nutter shit, and, frankly...disrespectful to your own magic book.

Not really, denying that America gave a big space of freedom to people is not a lie, have you seen Communist countries for example? Do you want to tell me, that North Korea or China is better :'D ?

So, I try to fix the bad things America believes in. With modifications to its constitution, this country can be something great in terms of Morals.

America's problem is vicious Secular Law; i.e "America First" and dealing with "Interests" when it comes to loans.
What would n. korea or china have to do with communist countries, and what in heavens name would communist countries and how well they are or aren't doing have to do with you stuffing words into your own silly prophets mouth?

I doubt that you could be left alone to correct a picture book, let alone a modern nations laws. Morals? You're on an atheist forum plainly and clumsily bullshitting people over the words of a person you believe to be gods messenger on earth.

What terrible thing wouldn't you say or do..when I put it in that light?

-In fact, this is as good a thread as any to ask a question I always wonder about prophetic believers.

In this (and that other thread linked) you advance particular theories of how a sentence should be understood. It's pointed out to you that, assuming big mo wasn't just riffing - he was commenting on a then current or recent conflict. That would be prophecy, of a kind, in it's own time and by it's own right. -but for whatever reason, this is not enough. Instead, those things must refer to a set of increasingly bizarre takes about completely unrelated people and times and events in the present.

Bringing me to my question. Is it a necessary article of your beliefs that big mo be wrong, in big mos book, and with gods help not just be wrong, but get things hilariously wrong in the specific and impossible ways that you insist? Neither the eastern or western roman empire will be doing anything to anyone anytime soon - because they're gone. Americans are not italians, and italians are not romans.

Is god a fuckup? Is big mo a fuckup? Which one of them can't read a map or tell the future? Which one of them couldn't possibly have been referring to a real thing that really happened, and must instead be wrong, just plain flat out wrong - about nutter shit specifically?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4250 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2764 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1408 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4074 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 2974 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2078 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1291 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4195 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 4455 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11489 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda